Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 04:27 PM

50,836 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Absolutely! But prayer is a hell of a lot cheaper!

Edit: my apology I thought you said, "Medication...." as in Xanax.
Well, that too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 12:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
In other words:
"There's nothing wrong with my English comprehension, it's all you Americans who cannot comprehend your own native language."
Well be fair Thrill. Whatever it is that you American's speak, it sure isn't English! Whilst watching an American TV programme yesterday, in the space of 30 minutes I heard...

'My dog had went into labour.'
'She had came to my house in the afternoon.'
'My son had went to school at 9.'
'It's caused by centrifigal force.'

Old 12-23-2018, 08:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
https://www.infowars.com/between-600...die-this-week/
So what is Jesus doing about this sad state of affairs?

Where is Jesus while the church he founded collapses all around him? \
What exactly is he doing for the distraught pastors...?
For some reason it seems to be a secret to many that Jesus still speaks to people here.
Like, why wouldn't he? If you think he is still around...why wouldn't he?
It's no biggy...it's not even surprising.
I read anything I can on what he says from 'the Other Side'.

And all I will say is what the pastors are preaching is so 'off'....according to Jesus.
Did he start these churches with some of the misinterpretations and untruths said? Nope.

Sorry to rock anyone's world of concepts...but I can look up things he has said and place them
on this thread if anyone wants.
Cuz the many things written 'that he said'...he never said or meant what others think...!..he explains so much in these messages...and the clarity is obvious and rings true...goes with the nature of this man.

Many of us here follow our inborn 'sense' or discernment and know that so many things written
are just not so....
and the interpretations or words thought to be accurate are so 'off' or skewed....

Old 12-23-2018, 10:42 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
For some reason it seems to be a secret to many that Jesus still speaks to people here.
Like, why wouldn't he? If you think he is still around...why wouldn't he?
It's no biggy...it's not even surprising.
I read anything I can on what he says from 'the Other Side'.

And all I will say is what the pastors are preaching is so 'off'....according to Jesus.
Did he start these churches with some of the misinterpretations and untruths said? Nope.

Sorry to rock anyone's world of concepts...but I can look up things he has said and place them
on this thread if anyone wants.
Cuz the many things written 'that he said'...he never said or meant what others think...!..he explains so much in these messages...and the clarity is obvious and rings true...goes with the nature of this man.

Many of us here follow our inborn 'sense' or discernment and know that so many things written
are just not so....
and the interpretations or words thought to be accurate are so 'off' or skewed....
Do you notice at all the great difference in what Jesus actually "says," and what other people say that Jesus says? Because the truth is, when you run down the things that Jesus "says" it invariably turns out to be what someone else said that Jesus said. Jesus, as it turns out, is very much like everyone else who has been dead for thousands of years. He's not really all that talkative.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Do you notice at all the great difference in what Jesus actually "says," and what other people say that Jesus says? Because the truth is, when you run down the things that Jesus "says" it invariably turns out to be what someone else said that Jesus said. Jesus, as it turns out, is very much like everyone else who has been dead for thousands of years. He's not really all that talkative.
If christians were at all able to keep the teachings of just Jesus...forget about all the rest of the "stuff" that's wrapped up in their religion...I'd have a little more respect for them. But what they really do is create their own morality and use Jesus and the Old Testament to prop up their preconceived beliefs. Few...very few...are actually knowledgeable about the old testament or the actual teachings of jesus. Yet they base a whole lifestyle on that lack of knowledge.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:18 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well be fair Thrill. Whatever it is that you American's speak, it sure isn't English! Whilst watching an American TV programme yesterday, in the space of 30 minutes I heard...

'My dog had went into labour.'
'She had came to my house in the afternoon.'
'My son had went to school at 9.'
'It's caused by centrifigal force.'

My late stepfather had a few good ones; "poison ivory" "Kirk Chekerian" (the billionaire) "Adorable Snowman" (couldn't say "abominable") "Epispicalian"--bunch of them I can't recall anymore.

Old 12-24-2018, 02:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Some Christians have raised the issue:

Jesus is not responsible for his churches' success or failure.

* So Jesus isn't responsible for answering prayers despite what he says in the gospels.

* Jesus isn't responsible for keeping his houses of worship open so Christians can meet to worship him and fellowship with one another.

* Jesus isn't responsible for Christianity thriving and for keeping people saved instead of dropping out of Christianity by the millions.

What exactly is Jesus good for---just saving our souls and then leaving us homeless and sick in the streets to take care of ourselves?

Didn't Jesus say, "If you ask the Father for anything in my name he will give it it to you"?

Try praying, "Father, in Jesus name I just ask for a warm meal and a place to sleep this Christmas Eve." Go ahead you destitute Christians, pray that prayer and then see if a warm meal and a bed magically appear.
Still waiting for some intrepid Christian to address the questions I raised here but it doesn't seem possible, I know.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:40 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
Some Christians have raised the issue:
Jesus is not responsible for his churches' success or failure.
* So Jesus isn't responsible for answering prayers despite what he says in the gospels.
* Jesus isn't responsible for keeping his houses of worship open so Christians can meet to worship him and fellowship with one another.
* Jesus isn't responsible for Christianity thriving and for keeping people saved instead of dropping out of Christianity by the millions.
What exactly is Jesus good for---just saving our souls and then leaving us homeless and sick in the streets to take care of ourselves?
Didn't Jesus say, "If you ask the Father for anything in my name he will give it it to you"?
Try praying, "Father, in Jesus name I just ask for a warm meal and a place to sleep this Christmas Eve." Go ahead you destitute Christians, pray that prayer and then see if a warm meal and a bed magically appear.
Jesus was mainly addressing spiritual concerns:
For example: Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 involves the preaching work as Jesus did (Luke 4:43) but on a larger scale.
So, by asking for God's will to be done on Earth, then what we ask according to His will He will grant.
That is why the international proclaiming about God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 has now reach world-wide to even include remote areas.

Jesus said the poor would be with us. With us because often times it is because of poor food distribution.
Man has dominated man to man's hurt or injury - Ecclesiastes 8:9.
Sent foods have even ended up rotting on docks, or even sold on the black market for weapons.
None of which is Jesus' fault, but humanities fault by Not applying or living by the Golden Rule.
If everyone on Earth lived by the Golden Rule how much poverty would we have _______

As far as saving our souls, meaning our selves, we are nearing the soon coming ' time of separating ' here on Earth.
Jesus will separate people as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
The figurative humble ' sheep ' will be saved /delivered / rescued through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14, before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Then, there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as described at Revelation 22:2.
Mankind will see the return of the Genesis "Tree of Life" for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the benefits of ' healing ' for earth's nations when No one will say, " I am sick...."- Isaiah 33:24.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:47 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If christians were at all able to keep the teachings of just Jesus...forget about all the rest of the "stuff" that's wrapped up in their religion...I'd have a little more respect for them. But what they really do is create their own morality and use Jesus and the Old Testament to prop up their preconceived beliefs. Few...very few...are actually knowledgeable about the old testament or the actual teachings of jesus. Yet they base a whole lifestyle on that lack of knowledge.
To me it is if the 'so-called Christians'.....
Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly 'in name only' ) which developed after the first century ended (Acts 20:29-30) often keeps church traditions or church customs over Scripture, just teaching such non-biblical traditions as being Scripture although Not found in Scripture.- Matthew 15:9.
False clergy teachings is often why they base their whole lifestyle on that lack of accurate knowledge - John 17:3.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yay. Another idiotic insulting, obnoxious, bigoted thread. Whoopee. C-D is so informative nowadays.
And do you think your post is substantive in any sense of the word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality