Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 05:58 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,620,833 times

Advertisements

It is, from your previous post.

As of talking to gorilla..
When snare is used, it abandoned
When river is corssed, boat is left behind
Where can I find a man
That abandoned all words?
He is the one I'd like to talk to

Forgot who said this, one the Chinese Zen masters, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 03:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
It is, from your previous post.

As of talking to gorilla..
When snare is used, it abandoned
When river is corssed, boat is left behind
Where can I find a man
That abandoned all words?
He is the one I'd like to talk to

Forgot who said this, one the Chinese Zen masters, I think.
we start getting into mystic type stuff here. My question to you is

"when you find the find the man, and he is human, then what?"

Old 01-26-2019, 06:45 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we start getting into mystic type stuff here. My question to you is

"when you find the find the man, and he is human, then what?"
I don't see what he is saying as all that mystic. Gorillas may be good at living in the moment and not carrying grudges and trying something else if it doesn't work and all those things that can be hang ups for humans. It's not because they are more advanced than us or more enlightened or whatever. I'm not in a hurry to give away any of my capabilities that make me human and give me insight even if they do cause a bit of a problem at times.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't see what he is saying as all that mystic. Gorillas may be good at living in the moment and not carrying grudges and trying something else if it doesn't work and all those things that can be hang ups for humans. It's not because they are more advanced than us or more enlightened or whatever. I'm not in a hurry to give away any of my capabilities that make me human and give me insight even if they do cause a bit of a problem at times.
yeah, I totally agree. Its why I said starting to. I see people teaching to animals as having a special relationship with nature as people that really do not understand how the system is working. They are inserting some human emotional need into the interactions we are seeing. To me, they are basically doing the same thing as some theist.

I totally agree with you, I am kind of grateful that we (humans) get a glimpse into how this thing (universe) is working.

lmao @ bit of problem. Yeah, it causes me just a bit.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:09 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
... I'm not in a hurry to give away any of my capabilities that make me human and give me insight even if they do cause a bit of a problem at times.

I agree. ^^^This is why I said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The idea of enlightenment (or striving for it?) isn't really a concept I'm terribly familiar with or that makes sense to me, tbh.
Because the concept of “enlightenment” has always seemed to me to be presented in a way that makes it seem like it’s all about transcending our human emotions, as if they are a bad thing.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:31 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Because the concept of “enlightenment” has always seemed to me to be presented in a way that makes it seem like it’s all about transcending our human emotions as if they are a bad thing.
That is NOT what enlightenment is, Pleroo. It is overcoming our negative emotions and residing in the positive ones. The Buddhists and such mistakenly believed that we need to eliminate ALL desire and attachments to reach enlightenment. They sought complete indifference to the pleasures or pains in life which is a mistake. However, they did correctly identify Maitri (love) as the central emotion on the eightfold path to enlightenment. Buddha would recognize Jesus as the perfect Maitreya he expected to come after him.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:48 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:

Because the concept of “enlightenment” has always seemed to me to be presented in a way that makes it seem like it’s all about transcending our human emotions, as if they are a bad thing.
What do you think? I think enlightenment might be a trap.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
What do you think? I think enlightenment might be a trap.
yeah, that's not bad ... a trap.

it may just mean knowing ones limitations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality