Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 06:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
China doesn't just have separation of church and state. Individuals are not allowed to worship.
religious freedom is a measuring stick for the intellectual and emotional maturity of a nation. unfortunately we have to remind fundy theist of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 05:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
religious freedom is a measuring stick for the intellectual and emotional maturity of a nation. unfortunately we have to remind fundy theist of that.
Another post I agree with. However, I have to note (with some alarm) Fears in Europe (and I have to say...though people are reluctant to admit that is the reason) because of Muslim immigration, are undoing, or threatening to undo the good work done by the collapse of Communism and the unity and co -operation of Europe, and I know all about the gravy train and loss of fishing rights. Nevertheless.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:22 AM

Quote:
torturing people who read the Bible is 'great' separation of church and state?
The problem is a one party state that cracks down on anyone who threatens their authority. The are fine with religion - under their control. Churches that they have approved are fine. It is not true that they 'torture' people for just reading the Bible - or any other Holy Book. It Is true that their devotion to the Dogma of their own unquestionable authority leads to a lot of abuses. This happens anywhere the police (and national Guard, if necessary ) are ordered to shoot people who threaten the political power of the state, and that is far from limited to China.

Don't let Christian apologists Lie to you with claims about State efforts to persecute Chinese Christian Martyrs.

Quote:
Were Christians behaving nicely during those times? Why are you only talking about Islam?
Because Islam is aggressively spreading and is a medieval dogma that has no place in the modern world.

Neither is Christianity, but it is Not spading as alarming as Islam - though it would love to think that it is.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
China doesn't just have separation of church and state. Individuals are not allowed to worship.
"Freedom of religion in China is provided for in the Constitution of the People's Republic of China,[1] with an important caveat: the government protects what it calls "normal religious activity," defined in practice as activities that take place within government-sanctioned religious organizations and registered places of worship. Although the dynastic governments of imperial China also claimed responsibility for the practice of religion, human rights bodies such as United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) have criticized this differentiation as falling short of international standards for the protection of religious freedom.[2]

The government of the People's Republic of China officially espouses state atheism,[3] and has conducted antireligious campaigns to this end.[4] China's five officially sanctioned religious organizations are the Buddhist Association of China, Chinese Taoist Association, Islamic Association of China, Three-Self Patriotic Movement and Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association. These groups are afforded a degree of protection, but are subject to restrictions and controls under the State Administration for Religious Affairs. Unregistered religious groups—including house churches, Falun Gong, Tibetan Buddhists, underground Catholics, and Uyghur Muslims—face varying degrees of harassment, including imprisonment, torture, and forced religious conversion to atheism.[5][2] Tam and Hasmath argue that the Chinese government views religion as potentially destabilizing.
"[Wiki]

And you can check if you try to play the 'Wiki is unreliable' card.

You have to stop listening to Christian lies.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:55 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
"Freedom of religion in China is provided for in the Constitution of the People's Republic of China,[1] with an important caveat: the government protects what it calls "normal religious activity," defined in practice as activities that take place within government-sanctioned religious organizations and registered places of worship. Although the dynastic governments of imperial China also claimed responsibility for the practice of religion, human rights bodies such as United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) have criticized this differentiation as falling short of international standards for the protection of religious freedom.[2]

The government of the People's Republic of China officially espouses state atheism,[3] and has conducted antireligious campaigns to this end.[4] China's five officially sanctioned religious organizations are the Buddhist Association of China, Chinese Taoist Association, Islamic Association of China, Three-Self Patriotic Movement and Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association. These groups are afforded a degree of protection, but are subject to restrictions and controls under the State Administration for Religious Affairs. Unregistered religious groups—including house churches, Falun Gong, Tibetan Buddhists, underground Catholics, and Uyghur Muslims—face varying degrees of harassment, including imprisonment, torture, and forced religious conversion to atheism.[5][2] Tam and Hasmath argue that the Chinese government views religion as potentially destabilizing.
"[Wiki]

And you can check if you try to play the 'Wiki is unreliable' card.

You have to stop listening to Christian lies.
There is a fairly recent (October 2018) story about Religion in China here:

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/religion-china

Things are a bit different from what has been presented in posts on these forums in recent years.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Another post I agree with. However, I have to note (with some alarm) Fears in Europe (and I have to say...though people are reluctant to admit that is the reason) because of Muslim immigration, are undoing, or threatening to undo the good work done by the collapse of Communism and the unity and co -operation of Europe, and I know all about the gravy train and loss of fishing rights. Nevertheless.
that's right ... I don't confluence statements of belief about god (mine only or anti-god) and greedy people.

I ask: how would greedy people teach to "my god only" or "anti-god".

Your, anti-god sect of atheism teachings are completly azz backwards.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
i think it would be more fair to say china kills and/or mames anybody that doesn't think like their leaders. They don't have any real freedom to do anything. Moderator cut: Quit posting political remarks in this forum.

The "freedom of religious state" is just as much crap as the leaders in evangelical christians groups saying saying "we accept everybody". both are nonsense and anybody that leans on them is a red flag.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-10-2019 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: More needless politics.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
that's right ... I don't confluence statements of belief about god (mine only or anti-god) and greedy people.

Obviously we disagree on that.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
I've talked to Chinese immigrant students in the United States. What you say is merely a lie told to you by those wolfs in sheep's clothing who lie. Most of them in government power in China do think that religion is for very ignorant and superstitious people, however. And they agree that religious leaders are huge political forces as all dumb masses are.

An excerpt from the Chinese Communist Constitution.

Quote:
"The People's Republic of China has freedom of faith and religion
No state organization, social group or individual may force a citizen to accept or not to accept a religious faith, nor can they discriminate against either religious or non-religious citizens.
The state protects normal religious activities. No one may use religion to make an attack on the order of society, harm the physical health of citizens, or impede the activities of the state's education system.
Religious groups and religious affairs shall not be subject to the power of foreign domination."
The only difference here with the U.S. then is,

1. That the Chinese Constitution explicitly protects "faith" not just religion. Which means that China protects "personal spirituality" not just "the religious masses."

2. That the Chinese Constitution explicitly protects "freedom" from force, while the USA allows the forceful tactics that cults often employ.

3. Atheists and other non-religious people as well as the "personal spirituality" types.

4. The Chinese actually "Protect normal [historically accepted] religious activities" while the USA do so nonconstitutionally."

5. The Chinese separate Religion from political violence, healthcare, and public [government funded] education.

6. China does not allow for freedom of foreign domination like the United States does with the National Catholic Church being allowed to be wholly under Roman control. As such, the Roman Catholic Church in China must likely vow fielty to Chinese Catholics before the foreign Church leadership.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 02-12-2019 at 02:59 PM..

Old 02-12-2019, 03:28 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:

anti-god sect of atheism???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality