Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 02:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

It's a good sentiment, well-expressed. Kind of an elaboration on "BE the change that...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 02:56 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Seems like you could take care of that?

The funny thing about internet forums is, you never know really who you're talking to.

Or how much of my time and resources are spent helping out disadvantaged and at-risk children.

What you don't know, you don't know.
I don't believe in Jesus. Are you saying he would answer my prayers anyway?

Why are you wasting your time and resources "helping out" disadvantaged and at-risk children when all you need do is pray to Jesus and he will fix everything? Millions of children are suffering right now.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
I don't believe in Jesus. Are you saying he would answer my prayers anyway?

Why are you wasting your time and resources "helping out" disadvantaged and at-risk children when all you need do is pray to Jesus and he will fix everything? Millions of children are suffering right now.
I think you forgot to read my posts.

BTW, your first paragraph is an excellent logic puzzle.

If I don't believe in God, would he answer my prayers anyway? Touche. Be a good one for a Logic 101 class to unpack.

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-24-2019 at 03:06 PM..

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Indoctrinated minds like yours will never change. And that makes those minds part of the problem.
Stop posting stuff like this. All you're doing is revealing your own weaknesses.

You don't know what's in my mind. I haven't even made up my mind on this stuff. You're just lobbing insults now because you have no argument left. You got triggered, and people have pointed out the weak spots in your thought process.

Poor grandson

Quote:
I understand synchronicity. I know that when you hear a new word, chances are pretty good you'll coincidentally hear that same word again very soon.

I know that when I pick up my phone to check if a text I've been waiting for all day has come, it's highly likely the text will come in just as I pick up my phone.

That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about calling for help, and help immediately arrives.

And I'll say this - I do use it sparingly, and only when help is REALLY needed. Big things. And I've never had it fail.

What are the odds of that being coincidence, synchronicity, serendipity?

In my mind, about zero.

But I guess it's really not material for me if you believe what I'm saying. It's enough for me that I believe what I'm experiencing.
Awesome. So again, when will be a good time for you to use this power for suffering, dying children? It is REALLY needed.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
There was to be No starving children in Eden.
Adam broke God's law, thus Adam put the law into man's hands.
Adam set up People Rule as superior to God Rule.
Mankind's history shows what man's rule has accomplished or not.
So, it is 'man' who dominates man to man's injury or hurt.

Satan challenges all of us as he did Job.
'Touch our flesh ' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God - Job 2:4-5
If everyone on Earth lived by the 'Golden Rule' how many starving children would there be ______

Starving children is one reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the benefits of Rev. 22:2 to Earth when there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Through Jesus will come about the healthy conditions as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
Cool. It's 2019. How much longer will you be praying for Jesus to come? Why hasn't it worked yet?

Old 02-24-2019, 03:10 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Cool. It's 2019. How much longer will you be praying for Jesus to come? Why hasn't it worked yet?
It's THE question.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yep a person could pray to or worship a rock and get the same results.
Clara has agreed that this is true.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
It's going swimmingly well, actually. You don't know what I'm praying for. ;D

And as for all the horrors we are doing to each other, humans are charged with caring for each other. It's on us, not necessarily God, to love each other as He has loved us. On earth as it is in Heaven.

As he has shown the example, we are to follow in it and be our brother's keeper. For those who don't understand that concept, I would recommend, The Hole In Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, the CEO of World Vision. It asks the question, What if Jesus really meant what He said? Certainly a call to action.

Fascinating book.

BTW, I wasn't crying out for office supplies, ninny. I was in an office, crying out for an item. You have no idea. It was a joke, by another poster, that I was crying out for sticky notes. Far, far from it. It was more in line with, say, a van load of food.
A van load isnt going to feed everyone who is starving. Why such a small prayer? Is Jesus not powerful, or does he just not answer your prayers?

We already know he doesnt answer the prayers of those who are suffering and dying. If your claim that he answers your prayers is true, it seems incredibly selfish to me that you won't pray for everyone who needs food. What is stopping you? Do it right now. When hunger ends today, I will have no choice but to recognize the truth of your claims.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Clara has agreed that this is true.
No, I haven't.

I've said you need to work for the change you are trying to make happen; and God will give you miracles and provisions on the way.

You can't just sit there on your hands and pray to God a child will get extra help learning to read. You have to tutor the child, and pray for results, and it's amazing how reading experts will approach you and give you hints out of the blue, and how really excellent books will stand out to you in the Children's section of the library.

God, I need direction knowing how to best help this child. You go to CNN and wham there's an article about a new way to teach pre-readers.

Like that.

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-24-2019 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality