Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 03:56 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,641,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Peace is Not successful because man's long history proves man can't direct his step - Jeremiah 10:23
That is why God will have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to step in - Rev. 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4.
We want to keep awake! as Jesus said because as 1st Thess. 5:2-3 informs us the time is coming when the 'powers that be' will be saying, "Peace and Security...." but that will only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus who is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
So there is no point in praying for peace?

Is there any point in praying for Jesus to come?

Is there any point in praying for starving children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 04:09 PM

88,592 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's a good sentiment, well-expressed. Kind of an elaboration on "BE the change that...."
Or, as attributed to Francis of Assisi', "preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words".

And "I'd rather see a sermon than hear one." (Don't know who said it originally, but a former SDA coworker who visited young men in prison liked that one.)

Old 02-24-2019, 04:30 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Or, as attributed to Francis of Assisi', "preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words".

And "I'd rather see a sermon than hear one." (Don't know who said it originally, but a former SDA coworker who visited young men in prison liked that one.)
Nice!!! That one is going in the memory banks.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:34 PM

88,592 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Nice!!! That one is going in the memory banks.
I'm a big Francis of Assisi fan. He talked to birds and wrote poems to the sun and moon and winds. If I was around 800 years ago, I would've wanted to hang out with him.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:44 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
I'm a big Francis of Assisi fan. He talked to birds and wrote poems to the sun and moon and winds. If I was around 800 years ago, I would've wanted to hang out with him.
That's the statue I took from the display area to buy my mother-in-law last mothers day. I really liked. Maybe I should read up on the guy.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
As a child, he was my "patron saint" when I got confirmed. His life story is sad he was in terrible pain and ill for much of it. He died in his early 40's, I believe.

Very gentle man.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Dude was practically pagan.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:10 PM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know.

Maybe neither prayer is answered? Maybe they are both given extra insights and one changes their mind?

I don't know why I'm suddenly considered a master theologian here, I am absolutely not one.

I'm just a woman whose seen her prayers for guidance and help answered speedy-quick.

I'm really not a guru that people should come to and sit at my feet begging for pearls of wisdom.

Besides the fact, that I've seen miracles.
I don't wanna smack my head or roll my eyes. Is there just a shaking my head emoji?

Old 02-24-2019, 05:11 PM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Although Not Clara, the ^ above ^ post reminds me of the world wars.
In the realm of Christendom false clergy prayed for the victory even though it meant so-called Christians killing each other.
So-called Christians of one country killing so-called Christians of another country, and justifying that by saying whoever is the victor is the one whose prayers were answered by God.
Even today false clergy use the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as it that is the same thing a the Altar of God.
On the other hand, Jesus and his 1st-century followers remained ' neutral ' in world affairs.
They did Not even become involved in the issues of the day between the Jews and Romans.
Interesting post.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't wanna smack my head or roll my eyes. Is there just a shaking my head emoji?
I think you've come to the wrong poster if you're looking for answers to questions about religious doctrine, phetaroi.

I'm not your answer. There are a lot of confusing things about Christianity, and I don't have all the answers - I'm just a strong believer in the power of prayer.

*shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality