Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 05:15 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Peace is Not successful because man's long history proves man can't direct his step - Jeremiah 10:23
That is why God will have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, to step in - Rev. 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4.
We want to keep awake! as Jesus said because as 1st Thess. 5:2-3 informs us the time is coming when the 'powers that be' will be saying, "Peace and Security...." but that will only prove to be the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 before Jesus who is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think you've come to the wrong poster if you're looking for answers to questions about religious doctrine, phetaroi.

I'm not your answer. There are a lot of confusing things about Christianity, and I don't have all the answers - I'm just a strong believer in the power of prayer.

*shrugs*
And yet you can't answer a question about prayer.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And yet you can't answer a question about prayer.
Nope, I can't.

I also can't map an electric circuit for you, but I do know when I switch on the light switch, the room brightens up.

And if someone told me the room doesn't brighten up in their own homes when they flip the switch, well, I don't know how to help them because I don't know why it isn't happening.

And as I said earlier in this thread, I don't feel the need to convince anyone else of what I'm experiencing, or pretend to know things I don't know and can't explain.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
I think you've come to the wrong poster if you're looking for answers to questions about religious doctrine, phetaroi.

I'm not your answer. There are a lot of confusing things about Christianity, and I don't have all the answers - I'm just a strong believer in the power of prayer.

*shrugs*
Yes or no?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Nope, I can't.

I also can't map an electric circuit for you, but I do know when I switch on the light switch, the room brightens up.

And if someone told me the room doesn't brighten up in their own homes when they flip the switch, well, I don't know how to help them because I don't know why it isn't happening.

And as I said earlier in this thread, I don't feel the need to convince anyone else of what I'm experiencing, or pretend to know things I don't know and can't explain.
All ya got is warm and fuzzy.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:48 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't knock it if you don't have it.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Nope, I can't.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:03 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's the statue I took from the display area to buy my mother-in-law last mothers day. I really liked. Maybe I should read up on the guy.
A few years back I took a theological study/discussion course that's designed by an Episcopal seminary for lay people. It was about a dozen people meeting once a week in the rectory of a local church, and the priest of that church facilitated the discussions.

One of the books we read and discussed was Care for Creation (a Franciscan spirituality of the earth).

https://www.amazon.com/Care-Creation...dp_kinw_strp_1

It stuck with me more than any other that we read in that group, because I feel a connection to the earth and everything in it, and in my mind, that connection is what God is. Evidently Francis felt that way, too.

In the Christian tradition in which I was raised (a Calvinistic denomination), how we relate to everything else on the planet and our place in it was not addressed except to say that man was given dominion over everything, etc., and the sense I got was that we were supposed to feel apart from the rest of creation rather than a part of creation.

That wasn't my natural inner sense, though, even as a very young child, so the idea of Franciscan theology rang true somewhere inside of me. Studying made me seek to reconnect, to realize that I needed to reconnect.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:04 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Dude was practically pagan.
An animist, pretty much. He saw that there was spirit in everything.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Nope, I can't.
Good for you, girlfriend ..
I have little idea why amazing things happen to me, either...
except my switch is open in me...I wait sometimes a whole hour or 2 years...
The door is open ...I have worked on getting rid of programmed limitations or
silly concepts like I'm not worthy or deserving of something...and my subconscious
and conscious mind
knows the power of prayer or talking to my Higher Self or God or the Powers That Be or decreeing,
commanding
that something is going to happen, period...also I have zero doubt. Very imp.

Whether you call it the force of will power or gifts from Heaven, the Holy Spirit ...I don't care.
I ask or think of something or imagine something happening ...and it does...call it Law of Attraction...I don't care.....we as humans have the power to make things happen in our environment especially.

And a religious person can be mad at this...but ya don't even have to believe in God.
Look at what Trump has done with his career and $$ and love life (anything he wants apparently!)..it's determination and will and believing you can do it...'It WILL happen'...not giving up on your dream or mission or desire...looking forward as if it is going to happen...positivity.
Do you think he sits and prays for things? I do not.

Rather picture Superman holding Lois Lane screaming , (((("NO!!!)))...and he got the job done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality