Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 03:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,612,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Sorry. I love all you guys and gals - even Mystic, who is a very old mate of mine, and a good man at bottom, though he never, ever, listens, but there comes a time when I have to listen to advice and stop wasting my time mud wrestling a hog.

And of course, I can see the occasional quoted post Can anyone seriously think that it was not Mystic who was getting destroyed (come on Phet - I was beating him hollow) even though he was changing the subject all the time and getting trunded on each? And here I am, refuting Arach's mindless bias again.
you got trounced so bad you guys resorted to back door DM's because you lost. Then you used back door DM'd to figure out a way to stop any talk that hurt anti-religious/god dogma. You started a movement to get the rules changed.

all in all ... you acted just like theist Fundy's. cut off any and all talk that hurts our statement of belief about god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 05:40 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you got trounced so bad you guys resorted to back door DM's because you lost. Then you used back door DM'd to figure out a way to stop any talk that hurt anti-religious/god dogma. You started a movement to get the rules changed.

all in all ... you acted just like theist Fundy's. cut off any and all talk that hurts our statement of belief about god.
The sickening bias against the existence of God in this forum is unconscionable. Almost as bad as the overweening arrogance, presumptuousness, and hubris of the anti-God posters.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:25 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Thank you for most rational and open -minded post.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:25 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,073,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The sickening bias against the existence of God in this forum is unconscionable. Almost as bad as the overweening arrogance, presumptuousness, and hubris of the anti-God posters.
It isn’t a bias against god. It is a bias against unsupported assertions.

You (and others) assert the existence of god, but have been unable to back that assertion with any real proof. Therefore I (and others) have no good reason to believe you.

It is as simple as that. Provide proof for the existence of god and I will change my mind. Until you provide that proof, it is a reasonable to withhold belief.

This does not mean that I am arrogant, presumptuous, or anti-god, nor does it give you good reason to be sickened by my lack of belief. It simply means you haven’t made your case. Please try to keep your reactions within reason.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:39 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,785,596 times
Quote:
Mystic old mate. I was thinking about you before I dozed off after 12. I gather that you are annoyed after the closing off of the last discussion. Why not take a break? Do something else for a while and come back to discuss something else. You'll remember that the crackdown on 'science' drove a few good posters away, but we (I recall it was a lot of atheists left) worked around it and we are back to strength and posting pretty freely.
You can probably work around this, too, but maybe a change of scene? Post on Christianity forum for a while, perhaps. Just a suggestion.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:31 AM

63,939 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

You (and others) assert the existence of god, but have been unable to back that assertion with any real proof. Therefore I (and others) have no good reason to believe you.
It is as simple as that.
What support do you have for your demand that the existence of God requires proof beyond what already exists??

Old 03-14-2019, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post

It is as simple as that. Provide proof for the existence of god and I will change my mind. Until you provide that proof, it is a reasonable to withhold belief.

This does not mean that I am arrogant, presumptuous, or anti-god, nor does it give you good reason to be sickened by my lack of belief. It simply means you haven’t made your case. Please try to keep your reactions within reason.
is that before, or after, you say "I don't know what that "evidence" is?".

so yeah, its a bit arrogant when you claim "I don't know what that is." and then think its ok to say "I see no proof and if I do I will change."

Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
What support do you have for your demand that the existence of God requires proof beyond what already exists??
when i was talking to fish before about the traits we were assigning to god he just whips out of the blue "I don't know what that means."

last time, when I pointed out that he doesn't know what that "evidence" means and I asked him how can that be? you don't understand the evidence and you still deny all evidence? He whips out out "your a jerk and I am ignoring you". lmao, .

also, he says "If I see I will change?". I showed him that he actually won't. When we look at how some religious people just have traits wrong, he will just deny all evidence, that he doesn't understand, and say we are are wrong? say yeah, he, and other members that buy into the dogma of "deny everything" in the name of anti-religion, won't change.

they are not out to form a belief based on evidence, they are out to form a belief based on anti-religion. and for some, its about getting revenge on a previous abuse.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:28 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,019,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
is that before, or after, you say "I don't know what that "evidence" is?".

so yeah, its a bit arrogant when you claim "I don't know what that is." and then think its ok to say "I see no proof and if I do I will change."
It's like a carrot on the end of the stick. And it helps to control/minimize the topics related to religion and spirituality... every topic, every thread... "though I haven't experienced any of the sorts personally, someone on the internet said it, so it must be true".

Old 03-14-2019, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Mystic old mate. I was thinking about you before I dozed off after 12. I gather that you are annoyed after the closing off of the last discussion. Why not take a break? Do something else for a while and come back to discuss something else. You'll remember that the crackdown on 'science' drove a few good posters away, but we (I recall it was a lot of atheists left) worked around it and we are back to strength and posting pretty freely.
You can probably work around this, too, but maybe a change of scene? Post on Christianity forum for a while, perhaps. Just a suggestion.
lmao ... really, this is what you whip out?

"hey mystic ol' mate, yeah, we cheated, and beat you, so go away and refresh yourself."

lmao, if that don't bet all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality