Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 02:52 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I thought this was a "nones" dominated country. Make up your mind.

Nope, my argument is that atheists have deeply rooted anger against all things Christianity. I've even met atheists who couldn't even say that any Christian musician is talented because of the extreme bias against us.

Prove that I ever made that claim. I didn't. You are just making up stuff now.
I have deeply rooted anger against stupid and delusional beliefs like yours Jeff. I plead guilty. I would have more anger directed at flat earthers but their numbers aren't big enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 01:21 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Always with the stupid jokes and jabs about us flat Earthers, we think you people are silly too, we have enough believers that we have funded our own project building our own rocket, and then we will be laughing at you.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:42 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I've been mostly skipping over Mystic's posts for some time. Interesting to see that he has learned nothing on this forum. Apparently he alone is above learning.

What makes you think you haved learned anything?

It is amusing that people like you think if you reject something it can' be true and if you accept something it must be true.

How arrogant and self-serving can you get?

Old 05-06-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I'm not on a side, unless it's on the side of truth. The only person that has said anything about Christianity being in its dying gasp is you.

How do you determine what is truth? Let me guess, if you agree with it, it must be true and if you disagree with it, it can't be true.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:47 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post

It is amusing that people like you think if you reject something it can' be true and if you accept something it must be true.

Projection at it's best.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No, the issue is whether those prophecies, with a reasonable degree of certainty, refer to Jesus Christ. If reasonable doubt exists, they remain prophecies about something unknown. Prophecies are often short on certainties and specifics.

Some are, most are not. Psalm 22:18 is very specific, and notice it gives 2 bits of information: they will divide my garments and cast lots for my clothing. There is also no doubt that it refers to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Now compare John 19:232-24. Fulfilled exactly. There are many more just as exact.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:16 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Some are, most are not. Psalm 22:18 is very specific, and notice it gives 2 bits of information: they will divide my garments and cast lots for my clothing. There is also no doubt that it refers to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Now compare John 19:232-24. Fulfilled exactly. There are many more just as exact.
So the Jesus story is invented out of the OT.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:36 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,468 times
Quote:

20:20 hindsight is always amazing. Do you think it's possible that (the author(s) posing as) John might have drawn on other documents that had been around for 1100 years? Especially when most scholars agree John was written to support theological aims, with even less effort than the other synoptic gospels to be "historical?" You'd have a better argument if John was written independently from the Psalms. As it is, John 19:24 says EXACTLY where they lifted that idea, and even explains why they included that part (to fulfill what was written earlier):

This happened that the scripture might be fulfilled that said,

“They divided my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.”

So this is what the soldiers did.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

I've learned a lot here. I learned various perspectives about atheism, from very mild to very aggressive. And I prefer the territory somewhere in the middle. I've also lost a lot of respect for christianity when I've seen three particular "strong" christians speak here and make repeated posts that are, quite simply, inane and very UN-christian. It's been a strong contrast to the many middle of the road christians I have known, particularly in the Methodist church.

And no, I don' think that just because I accept something that it must be true. I've been wrong before...for example about christianity. I can be wrong again.

How arrogant and self-serving can I get. Well, I'm an amateur compared to you.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:18 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:

Just because it says it in one book, doesn't mean it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality