Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
He didn't even say that. He is saying that extremism on either side is evidence that a screw is loose.

To me, an extremist is anyone who spends their free time trying to convince others of their beliefs, and to join their side. And that can be either a theist or an atheist.
Then the only extremists around here are the faux centrists and the detail-less. No atheist or theist around here has ever tried to convince me of their beliefs or to join "their side." They all merely purport their beliefs and read about mine if they so choose to, such as I so choose to read about theirs.

Being disgusted by the false religions is something that a certain religion taught me, and it makes sense. It's just that I found out that that religion was also just as false as the other religions and atheists which that false religion had taught me to hate. When I met an atheist that was anti-agnostic, they were convinced quickly to confess their agnosticism and give in to the common ground. Not so for the Monotheists, their slow confession had to be drawn out from multiple angles and over periods of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 05:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If there's one thing that you do often that I really dislike and disrespect, it's when you create a falsehood through omission. What you conveniently left out above was this statement that you made: "why don't you clearly state that you agree that atheism and theism have some of the same personality disorders in them?"

Don't tell me what I believe or agree or disagree with. I can speak for myself. And I do not agree with that statement.

lmao ..
listen, if you need to change what I said and then say I am wrong ... thats really an issue with you.

My claim still stands."atheism and theism have some of the same personality disorders in them?"

you getting upset because you perceived me telling you what you believe, well, thats an emotional issue and not really my area of expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality