Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2019, 06:10 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It certainly is not what fundamentalists believe because they elevate the Bible over the Comforter (Holy Spirit) who is the ONLY reason I am a God believer. I became a believer because I met the Comforter in deep meditation and then eventually recognized the descriptions of Him in the Jesus narrative as the "mind of Christ." None of the supernatural stuff makes any sense whatsoever because there is no such thing as the supernatural, just what we currently do not understand. IMO, if Christianity continues to ignore the enormous advances in knowledge and understanding of life and our role in it since the ancient writings were recorded, it will continue to lose adherents.

The idea is patently ludicrous that the Almighty God responsible for everything especially all life and consciousness is primarily interested in us accepting ancient writings ABOUT Him. We can see what human evil and lack of love wreaks on life and our Reality and we can see how love COULD eliminate it. I met that love and I accept it as the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. That is why I consider my interpretation of Christ's Gospel to be real Christianity.
Mystic, are you a fundamentalist to the tenets of your belief system? Even a nihilist can be a fundamentalist, though some may not realize it and simply think they are sharing the joy of nihilism.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:31 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You have in mind the Higgs -Boson particle, called the "God -particle" because it seems to be the basis of everything.

Quantum indeterminacy. You want to make a big deal of this not being understood? So what about it? Let me guess.

'Science can't explain this, so science really knows nothing, therefore god". I've seen it before.
The God Molecule, or membrane, or particle was the headline of the article I read about Particles being in two different places at the same time, and when separated, the particles, no matter how far away, they always had instant contact with each other...etc. And the headline was: The God Something. And it was about quantum.

I'm not trying to explain that, just would like to hear more about traits of quantum. Two separated particles, one here, the other in France, at the same time. I like to ponder the words.

What, once matter is pulled apart, is still a part of what it once was...you know, ponder the idea.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Mystic, are you a fundamentalist to the tenets of your belief system?
I can read what both of you write, and you are just as fundamental to the tenets of your own belief system as anyone else is, fundamentals, serving as components, foundation, or basis, for what you believe.

It seems fundamentalist is being used for fundamentalism: An American Protestantism Movement that stresses the inerrancy of the Bible = not me, not you, not Mystic...he is not a religious movement of any sort.

Who created religions? God or men?

God created a way of life. Sin is what harms and destroys the way of life. And men created religions and Kings. Ways, that harm the way of life, and destroys the ways of the earth. You expect a little more oil, a little more plastics, and a little more chemical runoff in your drinking water as acceptable as long as the big bucks keep rolling into men's pockets. Keep drinking that wormwood you are creating and insist: Drink and be merry, let the good times roll on forever in your dream...in your vain imagination.

God's Word Created.
Men's Word Created

Yet the earth existed as created by God.
And today, the earth as created and corrupted by men exists.

I think you have two fingers far apart, one finger in one location, and another finger in another location stuck in the same hole.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:51 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
The God Molecule, or membrane, or particle was the headline of the article I read about Particles being in two different places at the same time, and when separated, the particles, no matter how far away, they always had instant contact with each other...etc. And the headline was: The God Something. And it was about quantum.

I'm not trying to explain that, just would like to hear more about traits of quantum. Two separated particles, one here, the other in France, at the same time. I like to ponder the words.

What, once matter is pulled apart, is still a part of what it once was...you know, ponder the idea.
It so happened that just the other night (Insomnia ) I watched a series of vids on the atom - its research history, quantum, the replacement of image with mathematics, indeterminacy, internal structure (Quarks) matter and anti -matter the structure and history of the universe, fusion making the stars shine, heavy elements created in Novae, and the origins of life.

It was particularly interesting that the big Bang was initially rejected by Hoyle because (as an atheist) it smacked of 'Creation'. Oddly it is now Creationists who now reject the big bang because the BB event may be interpreted as creation, but it isn't YE creation, which is what creationists have faith in.

But of course, the Event itself is irrelevant. It is what the event was made out of that is the stuff of the debate about Cosmic origins (1). And it was interesting to see how Schrodinger, Heisenberg and Fenyman all tended to come together in indicating that the basic stuff of the cosmos is a Nothing that isn't nothing at all, but a nothing that contains huge potential. I call it ' Nothing that has the ability to act like something'. In other words, not only can something come from nothing. but everything IS made of nothing.

And before you start panicking (not that you will as you will probably reject all the research, and indeed verification of these claims), it doesn't matter that matter is not a matter of matter, but is an illusion giving an illusion from which the illusion of a solid world is perceived through what science skeptics call 'imperfect human perception'. But it doesn't matter, even if the universe is a hologram projected from beyond the edge of the universe, or for that matter is a computer program on an Alien's computer, as reality is predictable repeatability, not the illusion of solidity.

(1) it is interesting to note that the BB didn't create the Universe as it now is, but merely the mass of Helium and Hydrogen from which the universe evolved. The BB was in fact not a complicated event, but it was very hot.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
The exact nature of the quantum world is still in the process of being worked out. Keep in mind that quantum units are much smaller than the wavelength of light. Which makes them darn hard to see directly. So determining the exact nature of their existence is still very much an ongoing process. As I have been pointing out however, the rapidly developing nature of our technology, based largely on what seems to be the nature of quantum interactions, seems to indicate that we may be more or less on the right track.
All I was asking for was more knowledge of what you are seeing the particles do, or think they are doing; Characteristics and traits of this part of the universe that you are looking into.

And I'm not saying you are not on track.

But when you make false claims about the Word God, based upon the words of men, without any real understanding of the God story, and rail against the Word God, which any man is free to make up and twist and lie about the root source...even in the same book, your evidence about God is really evidence about men.

Let's agree, there is no God or gods bashing babies heads into rocks.

Only you claim it is God's Deed, God's will, God's word; I know better.
And I claim it is Man's Deed, Man's will, man's word; caused by lack understanding.

Good Imaginations exist and work for good.
Evil Imaginations exist and work evil.

Your idea of God was mass produced and more of a product of Dante's Divine Comedy. imo.
-

Old 04-25-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:

But of course, the Event itself is irrelevant. It is what the event was made out of that is the stuff of the debate about Cosmic origins (1). And it was interesting to see how Schrodinger, Heisenberg and Fenyman all tended to come together in indicating that the basic stuff of the cosmos is a Nothing that isn't nothing at all, but a nothing that contains huge potential. I call it ' Nothing that has the ability to act like something'. In other words, not only can something come from nothing. but everything IS made of nothing.
Show me one thing, anything, that is made or caused by nothing.

No Cause = Effect, show me.

quantum makes a claim: "Everything is made if nothing."

Can you support that claim?

Old 04-25-2019, 10:01 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Show me one thing, anything, that is made or caused by nothing.

No Cause = Effect, show me.

quantum makes a claim: "Everything is made if nothing."

Can you support that claim?
Wrong question. Can you show me a molecule? Yet - do you deny that they exist? Virtual particles, the continual creation and annihilation of matter out of energy that is the only way there is anything at all, is scientifically validated reason to think that something from nothing and something back to nothing is actually more the basis of reality than the apparent solidity that makes us generally think that matter can't be created or destroyed.

The thing derives from indeterminacy. Shrodinger's cat is an analogy, rather, of the idea that a thing is and is not at the same time, and (aside the upsetting idea that reality only occurs when we have a look to see which it is - dead or alive) it means that existence is a matter of potentiality rather than reality. I repeat that it's nothing to worry about as, whatever mad stuff is happening at quantum level, Newtonian physics still works fine in this illusion that we call reality. But it does explain how a universe - or rather the stuff out of which the universe -creating event was made - could come to exist out of apparently nothing, because it was, potentially, there all the time, and always was.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-25-2019 at 10:13 AM..

Old 04-25-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
In Nature.

You do understand that everything decays, right?

You don't need to worship Yahweh, you just need to take care of widows, and the sick and infirm and orphans and the poor.

That's a huge shift in theological thought, which was obviously lost upon you.
I would have agreed with everything changes into one form or another in this universe...

But your question made me think of water.

Water changes forms, water decays?

I've been told that every drop of water that exists has always been here in one form or another.
What does water decay into. It changes forms, and when it becomes contaminated it evaporates and cleans itself up. What does water decay into? more water, more ice, more atmosphere?

Everything changes forms, my body becomes minerals and dirt for the plants after I am gone, same ingredients used for a different purpose.

Jesus told us how to worship God, feed the hungry, help the widows and orphans, give drink to the thirsty, forgive one another, etc.

Any other type of worship seems evil to me. I don't worship anything. I wouldn't know how to even start
to worship anything...just seems bad to me to worship anything.

Don't lie, don't steal, don't murder, etc...is that worship? To me it is.

If you break every commandment, who or what are you worshiping...not God.

No matter what you do, good or evil, someone may murder you.

Do good and someone might kill you.
Do evil and someone might kill you.
Do nothing if possible, and someone might kill you.

Maybe what the people really want or need is a flying superman.

-

Old 04-25-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Wrong question. Can you show me a molecule? Yet - do you deny that they exist? Virtual particles, the continual creation and annihilation of matter out of energy that is the only way there is anything at all, is scientifically validated reason to think that something from nothing and something back to nothing is actually more the basis of reality than the apparent solidity that makes us generally think that matter can't be created or destroyed.
I asked you to show me something made out of nothing.

You have shown me "Molecule."

Is your claim that a "Molecule" is made out of nothing?

Matter isn't destroyed, it changes forms.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
I asked you to show me something made out of nothing.

You have shown me "Molecule."

Is your claim that a "Molecule" is made out of nothing?

Matter isn't destroyed, it changes forms.

Has god and nothing existed at the same time at some point in history?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality