Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 04:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Depending on when, and enough warning, I can get you a condo on Galveston beach if we get lucky.
'We', huh? Kidding...ok, deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 01:19 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I'm going with what Ray Charles said: "Live every day as if it's your last, because someday, you're gonna be right."

Old 07-21-2019, 01:09 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2019 View Post
How can I prepare for death? I believe in the afterlife. Near death experiences and reincarnation cases point to an afterlife. I read about reincarnation rituals where they mark the body with some paste in some cases and the person is reborn with a marking in that same spot. I just want to know what I need to do before I die because I'm not sure.
I find what Jesus taught prepares us for death.
Jesus did Not believe in afterlife ( more alive after death than before death ) but Jesus believed in Resurrection.- Rev. 1:18
So, Jesus taught us what we need to do before we die.
First, Jesus and the OT teach that the dead know nothing, nothing but unconscious sleep:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 and Jesus' words found at John 11:11-14.
Also, at 2nd Peter 3:9 we are instructed to ' repent ' otherwise we can ' perish ' ( be destroyed ).- Psalm 92:7
Second, now is the time we need to know what all to do before Jesus begins his 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
In other words, instead of dying those of us still alive on Earth at the coming ' time of separation ' as described at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:13 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm going with what Ray Charles said: "Live every day as if it's your last, because someday, you're gonna be right."

Old 07-21-2019, 01:20 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
I like what Ray said about to live each day as if it is your last, but 'someday' (Matthew 25:31-33,37,40) those figurative living ' sheep ' will find it is Not the last day for them.
This 'someday' is the soon coming ' time of separating ' to take place on Earth.
Those figurative humble 'sheep' can remain alive on Earth living through the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.
They are that ' great crowd ' of people who can continue alive on Earth to be part of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth for a thousand years.
Under Christ's millennium-long day of governing over Earth at this time even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth.
- 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
Everyone on Earth will experience ' healing ' as mentioned at Rev. 22:2, and as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
So, perhaps we should live each day as if it will be our first to be alive and living on Earth when Jesus will come !- Rev. 22:20

Old 07-21-2019, 06:00 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
That's one of those feel goody things that sounds snappy, but does not hold up when given much thought. It wouldn't really be practical to try and live everyday like it was your last, would it?

Do you spend all of your money today because there will be no tomorrow? Do you spend each day saying goodbye to your loved ones? Do you eat two gallons of ice cream thinking that there is no need to worry about its effects because there is no tomorrow? Do you tell off your boss and quit your job because why work your last day alive?

It makes a great deal more sense to say "Live every day of your life in the expectation that there will be a tomorrow." One day you will have been wrong, but in the meantime you will have been right for however many days you have left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality