Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2019, 01:58 PM

10,047 posts, read 4,983,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
..........Consciousness has 95% of our Reality to reside in which makes spurious your claim that there is nowhere for it to reside.
I find consciousness resides with the living. - Ecclesiastes 9:5 - for the dead know nothing.
So, the only way a person can be conscious again is when he is resurrected back to life again.
Consciousness thus resides in the Resurrection Hope through Christ Jesus. - Acts 24:15; Rev. 1:18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 02:01 PM

11,060 posts, read 6,009,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find consciousness resides with the living. - Ecclesiastes 9:5 - for the dead know nothing.
So, the only way a person can be conscious again is when he is resurrected back to life again.
Consciousness thus resides in the Resurrection Hope through Christ Jesus. - Acts 24:15; Rev. 1:18.
Stated by someone with exactly the same thoughts that we do. Leaving us with speculations no more valid than ours. But it is a logical observation - that when you die you're dead!

Except in the case of someone who get resurrected. Pam Reynolds was dead and she got resurrected. It's a common occurrence. These people were never actually dead. If Jesus was a real character who really did get crucified and really did resurrect, then he was never actually dead. He might have been clinically dead or in a deep coma giving the appearance of dead (swoon theory).

Old 07-20-2019, 02:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Nothing you said explains what compels someone to comment on a thread they deem “not for me.” The specific topic is besides the point.
That was nice for phet to explain some things.
He did leave out that TRANS is like an elder statesman, here...he can do anything he wants,
cuz he stays within the rules...most of us are very interested in the old geezer's Welsh coffee making...
and his general morning opinions of where he doesn't 'need to comment'.

Just an aside, when we ask someone why are they posting here...we are derailing the Topic...it really
isn't about why TRANS or anyone else does anything ..THO, asking that goes on all the time here.
Since you are new
I thought I'd help start you off right...and maybe it would rub off on others? Just kidding.
Welcome here, btw. I was also made new...my friends of decades still can't believe it.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Gee...my Uncle, my best buddy, visits me from the Other Side and he is more savvy now than when he was in a human body!

Old 07-20-2019, 02:21 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Gee...my Uncle, my best buddy, visits me from the Other Side and he is more savvy now than when he was in a human body!
This is beyond what most here are willing to credit, Miss H., but I believe you.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:24 PM

50,933 posts, read 24,432,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is beyond what most here are willing to credit, Miss H., but I believe you.
But is she talking about the same "other side" that you are?

Old 07-20-2019, 02:27 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
But is she talking about the same "other side" that you are?
I have no way of knowing that, phet, but I believe there is only ONE "other side."

Old 07-20-2019, 06:37 PM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
Not really. There are at least 2 other sides. One for those who developed and one for those who regressed.

I have no doubt Ms H sees and hears. As Uspensky would have said - IMAGION!!

That said, after Conscious Self parts with physical body, there is NO WAY it can communicate with the physical plane of the physical world, specifically - anything on Earth. Yet, there is plenty of beings "of the other side" that are drawn to humans, for purpose of energy feeding or satisfaction of their desires, as they don't have senses and can get "excitement" only through connection with a human. They will assume any guise suitable, to establish contact with a human. especially, if a human is actively seeking such contact or, has his or her guard lowered from the use of, say, intoxicants of various nature.

Egregores, normally shepherding a human, may utilize visions and apparitions of various kinds to maintain feed off that human.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:10 PM

Ok, c'mon...no one here has ever had a loved one that has passed contact them? I find that hard to believe. (Everyone in my family has.)
How about even a flash, a moment, a scene from a past life?

Ok, just a feeeeeling that you've known someone before, and then, they become very significant to you...good or bad...I'm reachin'...
how about your intuition was right...
that's pretty low on the woo-woo scale, but I'll take it!

Old 07-21-2019, 09:37 AM

18,509 posts, read 9,185,869 times
The afterlife is limited only by human imagination...for an obvious reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality