Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 09:21 PM

15,877 posts, read 6,342,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
You and I both know this has nothing to do with cakes, cakes are just a symbol for the real issue, an attempt to uproot religion and biblical morality from the world

Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 PM

50,893 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
You and I both know this has nothing to do with cakes, cakes are just a symbol for the real issue, an attempt to uproot religion and biblical morality from the world
Morality in the world is not dependent on any one book or religion. And certainly it is not dependent on what you've been preaching the past three days.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,559,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You can't make a commentary on humanity without convicting yourself as well. Does your particular sect require to you look for the bad in the world and the worst in people or did you come up with that all on your own? My mom's Christain sect is like that. They bias people toward searching for the bad and overlooking the good.
Nope, the broken promises of the LGBT community did that, including those that were put in to law in order to pass LGBT bills, and years later were completely removed, limited etc.

How many broken deals, should tell me they as a community are all liars.

Take for example the evolution of the nyc gay rights bill for one, koch put in a paragraph of protections to soothe foolish religious Jews, Catholics, protestants etc. Without this the bill fails. 30 years later almost to the day bdb got rid of it.

How many times should people be fooled.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Like I said before. Religion doesn't give you a free pass. You still have to work within the law. If your religion breaks laws guess which way it's going.
Then there is no such thing as freedom to exercise religion.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
In my mind, it is just as discriminatory to allow special privilege as it is to deny it. The world has changed a lot since the days of prohibition so I don't know how good of an example that was. I'm sure the Chruch of Satan would have demanded equal rights as far as alcohol but they were probably deep undercover then. I think the Pastafarians are making progress on the head covering one (ramen).

Edit: It seems the Catholics got the loophole started.

https://vinepair.com/articles/how-th...g-prohibition/

So if anyone else applied for a wine permit they should have been granted one too.
Got it you want to repeal in effect the first amendment.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Quote:
Let's say a Christian non kosher restaurant said that they refused to serve to Jews because they believe Jews have to keep kosher, I would support them 100%.
You really believe one persons religion should be allowed to control customers. You support removing my rights as a customer to buy what is legally available to others to please your sense of religion. I think you can no longer plead for religious freedom if you are so willing to remove it from me or folks like me.

By the way I think the closest kosher restaurant is at least a 3 hour drive each way but probably more like a ten hour drive each way. And no kosher butchers and I didn't even know about kosher bakeries until this thread. And the town I grew up in had at the most 9 Jews, maybe only 8 as the eldest son of one family may have moved on to university by the time my younger brother was born.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:44 PM

15,877 posts, read 6,342,681 times
Quote:
Got you want to repeal in effect the first amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEzIBHuUmU

Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,332,742 times
Quote:
Biblical morality such as genocide, treating women as property and slavery? Punishment for working on the Sabbath or death to unruly children. Thankfully our morality comes not from the Bible.

What do you do if you come upon a witch? Doesn't your book tell you that you cannot leave her live.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You really believe one persons religion should be allowed to control customers. You support removing my rights as a customer to buy what is legally available to others to please your sense of religion. I think you can no longer plead for religious freedom if you are so willing to remove it from me or folks like me.

By the way I think the closest kosher restaurant is at least a 3 hour drive each way but probably more like a ten hour drive each way. And no kosher butchers and I didn't even know about kosher bakeries until this thread. And the town I grew up in had at the most 9 Jews, maybe only 8 as the eldest son of one family may have moved on to university by the time my younger brother was born.
My store my choice.
Until I sell it I own it, I should have 100% rights to do whatever I want with it. Why should you have any right to decide what I do with my property or who I sell my property to.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Biblical morality such as genocide, treating women as property and slavery? Punishment for working on the Sabbath or death to unruly children. Thankfully our morality comes not from the Bible.

What do you do if you come upon a witch? Doesn't your book tell you that you cannot leave her live.
In my book there is a thing called trials and due process of law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality