Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 10:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I’d not heard of Amma, but looking at a website dedicated to her, she appears to believe that one’s last thought determines their next incarnation. And what determines one’s last thought is the habit of thought one has cultivated throughout their life.
That is so funny I have never heard a 'teaching' of hers...just her famous 'hugging' of 7000 in a couple of days.
I talked to a friend that stood in line -she had a sweet, wonderful exp in NM.
Lovely woman, Amma.
The last thought thing is from the Bhagavad Gita...so she must be Hindu.

I knew it was Ch 8 ---took me awhile:
Bhagavad Gita- mu words--- talks about the last thought at death...but,of course, the issues at death we may not be clear so like the churning of milk to butter,
our whole lives should be thinking of God...so when the time comes our hearts are steady-we go right to Him.
(The love affair between us and the Lord is not sweeter than in the Gita, btw,)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 10-17-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 10:27 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,224,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
The spirit of Ama says that we were born male or female. So we have experienced already being male or female. Do we have to discriminate?
Peacecrusader used the phrase "The spirit of Ama" so that's what I used when I found the Ama links I posted.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:37 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,407,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'll try to remember that. Thanks!

Sure wish I could always control my thoughts, now more than ever...
Why now? Just curious.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:45 AM

995 posts, read 511,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

But you didn't experience it.

It's called "hypoxia."

At the risk of being called a god, tornadoes exist because of differences in air pressure.

Why is it standard procedure to open a window or exterior door when there's a tornado?

Air pressure. The air pressure in your home or the structure you're in is standard pressure. Tornadoes are low pressure. When a tornado moves over a structure, the air pressure outside is less than the air pressure inside the structure. Since pressure is a force, the walls and roof "explode" outwards causing the structure to collapse.

The air pressure inside a tornado is even less than the air pressure surrounding the tornado, and since there's not enough Oxygen, you suffer hypoxia and if you didn't die, you'd be brain-dead.
Interesting you bring up hypoxia, as that might be what I've had when having these dramatic visions, as opposed to run-of-the-mill REM sleep. I've had people tell me that I've stopped breathing in deep sleep, perhaps for a minute or even longer.

The tornado thing - you see, I was a counselor at a summer camp for kids. I think I was a woman too. Anyhow, they had a tornado warning, with a fattie moving directly towards camp. They needed to move all the kids to a sturdy concrete structure to take refuge from the twister. Me, fearing that a child might have taken shelter in one of the cabins, ran over to it to make sure there was nobody in there.

Alas, the tornado was moving faster than I thought. I went into the cabin, found nobody in there, and then I saw everything go sideways out the windows with the approach of the tornado. Knowing that I was a goner, I braced myself in an interior doorway, and then the cabin distingrated. Last thing I remember is getting pulverized in the malstrom. The sound, and the power and fury - you have to experience it to understand it. Hollywood doesn't even come close. I laughed my socks off at the tornado attraction at Universal Studios. What a joke that was.

It took a long time for me to get my breath back from that one - whew! Trust me, I know what it's like to die - I've done it more than once.

You could say that I've had a number of "spot" incarnations in my lifetime. Pretty mind-bending stuff, I admit.

And I'll say it once, and I'll say it a 1000 times. Science doesn't have all the answers. Not yet, anyways.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:00 AM

29,553 posts, read 9,748,458 times
Quote:
Why now? Just curious.
Well because now, if I understand you correctly, I've learned that "one’s last thought determines their next incarnation."

Old 10-17-2019, 11:01 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
Quote:
Sure wish I could always control my thoughts, now more than ever...
Baby steps - cuz you can.
I was forced to, lol, after over a year of depression over a breakup - a therapist friend finally, said
"OK....now you have to practice Thought Control."

Huh? At that time I thought I was subject to my thoughts, like I was my thoughts!
They ruled my emotions....I AM my emotions ---all my ups and downs. Nope.

Practice makes perfect. (I found out!)

Why ever have a mean thought or a low self-esteem thought ever again? Only
have the thoughts you want --the thoughts you allow---the thoughts that are kind and constructive.
You can.
Watch after a month how much easier it becomes...you learn what the ego is...and what the real
innocent, nice , happy you is!
It becomes your default mode.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:05 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,407,338 times
Quote:
Well because now, if I understand you correctly, I've learned that "one’s last thought determines their next incarnation."
Oh ha. Thought you were referring to something going on in your life currently.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:10 AM

29,553 posts, read 9,748,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Interesting you bring up hypoxia, as that might be what I've had when having these dramatic visions, as opposed to run-of-the-mill REM sleep. I've had people tell me that I've stopped breathing in deep sleep, perhaps for a minute or even longer.

The tornado thing - you see, I was a counselor at a summer camp for kids. I think I was a woman too. Anyhow, they had a tornado warning, with a fattie moving directly towards camp. They needed to move all the kids to a sturdy concrete structure to take refuge from the twister. Me, fearing that a child might have taken shelter in one of the cabins, ran over to it to make sure there was nobody in there.

Alas, the tornado was moving faster than I thought. I went into the cabin, found nobody in there, and then I saw everything go sideways out the windows with the approach of the tornado. Knowing that I was a goner, I braced myself in an interior doorway, and then the cabin distingrated. Last thing I remember is getting pulverized in the malstrom. The sound, and the power and fury - you have to experience it to understand it. Hollywood doesn't even come close. I laughed my socks off at the tornado attraction at Universal Studios. What a joke that was.

It took a long time for me to get my breath back from that one - whew! Trust me, I know what it's like to die - I've done it more than once.

You could say that I've had a number of "spot" incarnations in my lifetime. Pretty mind-bending stuff, I admit.

And I'll say it once, and I'll say it a 1000 times. Science doesn't have all the answers. Not yet, anyways.
Wow! What a twister of an experience! Amazing. Nice all you had to do is get your breath back rather than a limb or two...

This common comment about science gets me though. Who doesn't know science doesn't have all the answers? But what about all the answers science has provided us ever since scientists have been working to unravel so many of the mysteries that long baffled us? Now so much all so better understood? For example the Earth revolving around the Sun rather than the Earth being the center of the universe. Earthquakes. Twisters!

Read this book if you want an amazing accounting of so many incredible true stories born of science, that also touches on the remaining great questions still unanswered by science; "A Brief History of Creation: Science and the Search for the Origin of Life, by Bill Mesler and H. James Cleaves II

Would you agree with the following perhaps?

Human beings cannot know all that exists in the universe. The universe is forever in flux, full of mystery that will forever be marveled and explored by Man as long as he survives. The great majority of people still today cannot accept the confines of science. Instead conjecture is continuously promoted as truth while science fosters the peace of a universal patience and acceptance of our common condition and experience as humans. Science encourages inquiry thus expanding Man's awareness and enlightenment. Truth is best realized and peace most successfully promoted as more people patiently accept and embrace Man's common reality as revealed, defined and/or revised by science. The movement toward this patience and acceptance very slowly growing from one century to the next is the maturing of Man. His best chance for lasting peace and true understanding of all that exists in the universe, proven or yet to be proven.

Old 10-17-2019, 11:22 AM

995 posts, read 511,167 times
Quote:
Would you agree with the following perhaps?

Human beings cannot know all that exists in the universe. The universe is forever in flux, full of mystery that will forever be marveled and explored by Man as long as he survives. The great majority of people still today cannot accept the confines of science. Instead conjecture is continuously promoted as truth while science fosters the peace of a universal patience and acceptance of our common condition and experience as humans. Science encourages inquiry thus expanding Man's awareness and enlightenment. Truth is best realized and peace most successfully promoted as more people patiently accept and embrace Man's common reality as revealed, defined and/or revised by science. The movement toward this patience and acceptance very slowly growing from one century to the next is the maturing of Man. His best chance for lasting peace and true understanding of all that exists in the universe, proven or yet to be proven.
I have to say I do agree. Science, by its nature is incomplete, and will be so for the foreseeable future. It's only natural us humans will fill in the gaps with theories of our own. Turtles and all...lol. Hey, I like turtles.

I'd probably be a lot more like Mircea if it wasn't for the "effed"-up experiences I've had all my life. However, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the answers. Not even a tiny slice of them.

Old 10-17-2019, 04:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,189,134 times
Quote:
I’d not heard of Amma, but looking at a website dedicated to her, she appears to believe that one’s last thought determines their next incarnation. And what determines one’s last thought is the habit of thought one has cultivated throughout their life.
What if they had no thought?

You do understand that the overwhelming majority of people don't even know they've died, right?

They're alive and then they're not and they don't even know they're not alive, because, you know, they're dead.

Infrequently there are people who are mortally injured and know they're about to die, at least some know that.

Would you like to know when most strokes take place?

The morning dump.

Yeah, people stroke out and die on the throne during the morning dump.

What you suppose they were thinking about?

What are you thinking right now?
I was thinking I might wanna take me some of these potatoes home with me.
How about before that?
Let me think. Before that I was thinking I could use me another six or eight cans of that potted meat, if you got any extree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality