Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 06:40 AM

5,950 posts, read 5,123,693 times

Advertisements

I was watching one of the well-known speakers on TV last night and he made some comments that made me feel angry with him. He was talking about the current virus that has killed so many people all over the world. He said that the people who lived and never got the virus were loved by God and that God had protected them. He made no reference to the people who died. So is he saying the dead were not loved by God, that God didn't have a nice plan for those who died?

I found it unbelievable that he would totally ignore the people who had passed.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 06:43 AM

88,695 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
I was watching one of the well-known speakers on TV last night and he made some comments that made me feel angry with him. He was talking about the current virus that has killed so many people all over the world. He said that the people who lived and never got the virus were loved by God and that God had protected them. He made no reference to the people who died. So is he saying the dead were not loved by God, that God didn't have a nice plan for those who died?

What do you all think?
I think we should realize once and for all what kind of people those who would say such things really are.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:28 AM

5,950 posts, read 5,123,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think we should realize once and for all what kind of people those who would say such things really are.

I agree with what you said. This particular person has said and done a few things I have questioned in the past and this recent thing pretty much confirmed it.

Thanks.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
I don't question it all.

they don't.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:35 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,074,091 times
Quote:

What do you all think?
I had a friend visit from Ireland, he watched a televangelist and laughed "what sort of people watch this stuff? "
But I guess they serve a purpose for many.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't even address that, although very valid, because nobody knows what happens when we die. And its my personal opinion that we are human and as such we do human things. The universe judging us would be like judging a lion for eating a cub.

Old 04-13-2020, 07:51 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Only God knows who is saved, and it’s not from the virus, but rather from spiritual death (the second death).

https://www.gotquestions.org/second-death.html

Old 04-13-2020, 07:59 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,780,530 times
Quote:

What do you all think?
I don't know the hearts of these televangelists, but they're often in it for the money and popularity. Maybe not at first, but it certainly consumes them after a while, even the ones that may seem more in line with mainstream Christianity. Whether or nor they believe what they say is probably a more individual thing among them, but I imagine at least some of it is seeking attention or scaring people into supporting their cause.
For Christians, we can only be familiar with our own status. Judging the status of other people is not a business we should be in. I'm not a universalist and I do understand the concept of sin, but where I stand is that God loves everyone and desires everyone to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.

We all die eventually, so delaying death in this life is a mute point.
Believers get berated on here for believing in something that allows suffering, not content with the Christian narrative that we live in a fallen world and that we have free will. God didn't make us into robots nor did He promise perfection in this life.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:08 AM

88,695 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't even address that, although very valid, because nobody knows what happens when we die. And its my personal opinion that we are human and as such we do human things. The universe judging us would be like judging a lion for eating a cub.
That has nothing to do with what I said. Not saying that your post isn't valid, but don't quote a post and then say something completely irrelevant to the quote.

Just a pet peeve of mine. Carry on.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:12 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,789,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I had a friend visit from Ireland, he watched a televangelist and laughed "what sort of people watch this stuff? "
But I guess they serve a purpose for many.
They are handy to soak up any surplus money the viewing believer may have lying around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality