Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2020, 08:58 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,351,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
What, may I ask, is more absurd than this ongoing exchange with Iwas?
Or any exchange with a person apparently bent on insulting, belittling and annoying others all the while doing do with a tissue paper thin skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 09:23 AM

88,875 posts, read 85,346,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Not only catholics. Methodists, too.
Really? I did NOT know Methodists believed in transubstantiation.

Some Episcopalians do, but that's just the Episcopal Church. You can believe in Communion from transubstantiation to just a remembrance of "the last supper" or anything in between, and it's OK. Plus a lot of Episcopalians are rejected Catholics.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:29 AM

16,869 posts, read 5,052,325 times
Quote:
And so it is. Absurd begets absurd...
It is absurd to want an actual discussion that is honest and polite?

It is absurd to warn others that IWas is just playing game?

Old 06-03-2020, 10:06 AM

29,587 posts, read 9,813,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Or any exchange with a person apparently bent on insulting, belittling and annoying others all the while doing do with a tissue paper thin skin.
Well of course we all have our "unique" ways of describing what's going on here, but what you see as evidence I have a thin skin strikes me as no more worthy than the rest. How do I have a thin skin? Specifics please...

You're just wildly throwing mud without justification and not realizing it's only just getting yourself all the more muddy.

Then again, who can't well expect exactly what to expect in these regards from everyone posting in these threads? All very predictable in any case. You've made your reputation well known too. No need to muddy it further.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Really? I did NOT know Methodists believed in transubstantiation.

Some Episcopalians do, but that's just the Episcopal Church. You can believe in Communion from transubstantiation to just a remembrance of "the last supper" or anything in between, and it's OK. Plus a lot of Episcopalians are rejected Catholics.
Unlike you, I used to think the holy wafers kind of tasty BTW...

Old 06-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
It is absurd to want an actual discussion that is honest and polite?

It is absurd to warn others that IWas is just playing game?
Warn others? Let's not take any of this too seriously, shall we? But even if that's what you think you are doing, is it working any better than the many who have tried before you? Or does the effort only serve to create more traps for all concerned to step into again and again?

Absurd to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Don't you think?

I mean comes a point...

"You can't change the spots on a dog."

Old 06-03-2020, 10:23 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,351,315 times
Quote:
Well of course we all have our "unique" ways of describing what's going on here, but what you see as evidence I have a thin skin strikes me as no more worthy than the rest. How do I have a thin skin? Specifics please...

You're just wildly throwing mud without justification and not realizing it's only just getting yourself all the more muddy.

Then again, who can't well expect exactly what to expect in these regards from everyone posting in these threads? All very predictable in any case. You've made your reputation well known too. No need to muddy it further.
I was not referring to you but to your reference to Iwasnew who does not strike me as someone who is interested in dialogue. It is she who gets upset if asked but demands others to answer if they wish t9 or not.

So my reputation is a mud slinger? News to me. And it's well known however I don't recall anyone else tell me that I am a mud slinger so not sure how well known it actually is.

I am sure al other posters are relived for you having stepped up to be their spokesman about me and others like me. Again I was not referring to you but the poster you were referring to.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:51 AM

16,869 posts, read 5,052,325 times
Quote:
Warn others? Let's not take any of this too seriously, shall we?
Spoiling IWas' fun is amusing, but I do not take it seriously.

Quote:
But even if that's what you think you are doing, is it working any better than the many who have tried before you?
I can only talk about myself, so you must ask others if the warnings are helpful.

Quote:
Absurd to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Don't you think?
Like talking about your 10 truths, over and over?

Old 06-03-2020, 11:06 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
...snip...

Like talking about your 10 truths, over and over?
<rimshot>

Old 06-03-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I was not referring to you but to your reference to Iwasnew who does not strike me as someone who is interested in dialogue. It is she who gets upset if asked but demands others to answer if they wish t9 or not.

So my reputation is a mud slinger? News to me. And it's well known however I don't recall anyone else tell me that I am a mud slinger so not sure how well known it actually is.

I am sure al other posters are relived for you having stepped up to be their spokesman about me and others like me. Again I was not referring to you but the poster you were referring to.
Ah! Then perhaps just a case of mistaken identity. I took your comment as a counter to mine, as if I was the one guilty of the "insulting, belittling and annoying others."

Fair enough. My bad. Never mind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality