Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 06:43 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Neurons that communicate even after being disconnected from each other, they go wireless so to speak.

I've often wondered what the spiritual mechanism was underlying spiritual recovery programs.
Its known that a simple reliance on a Power greater than self can restore addicts/alkies to sanity.
The afflicted brains are hardwired to compulsively seek their particular form of sedation, I'd say drug of choice but addicts have lost the power of choice.

I've long suspected the spiritual element of these programs escape the hardwired dysfunctional neural pathways and utilize an end around within the mind , mind defined as non physical consciousness.

If this is so, then it demonstrates mind can elude the maladapted brain networks, if sufficiently empowered by a simple reliance on a spiritual source of infinite Power.

Its nothing new in spiritual circles, it goes way back to Jung and earlier.

The Paper was published in the Jounal of Physiology.

"Scientists think they've identified a previously unknown form of neural communication that self-propagates across brain tissue, and can leap wirelessly from neurons in one section of brain tissue to another – even if they've been surgically severed."

https://www.sciencealert.com/neurosc...-communication
"leaping across neural network"? like an emf field leaps across two wires? Or how the thoughts move through the brain in "waves" and those waves influence each other? how about the notion of a rouge wave? in mental oscillations? Could that explain something wild?

I could give more examples of possible mechanisms.

again, I must keep saying it. Most atheist don't avoid it. We actually tackle it straight on. Some atheist shun science to maintain the illusion of a more valid statement of belief about god, just like fundy theist.

They both think they know whats best for us in terms of religion, irreligious, and spirituality.

I could answer scientist are amazed at how the brains works and theist just wave it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 08:48 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
I know its profound when the scientists are blown away but atheists just wave it off.
Generally, that's what militant internet atheists do. They will waive off anything that doesn't directly support their agenda.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Who cares about atheists and what they think? Sorry, it was too easy.
It made me laugh, anyway.
The issue is that one can't swing a dead cat around here without 8 different antis attacking them. This forum is overridden with them.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Generally, that's what militant internet atheists do. They will waive off anything that doesn't directly support their agenda.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:02 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,117 times
Quote:
Sinner sinner pants are on fire.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:52 AM

16,799 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Except we have not done that, we have evaluated the evidence.

But if you must misrepresent that to ad hominem ...

Old 05-19-2020, 10:27 AM

1,456 posts, read 516,357 times
BF, I hope you're not suggesting that only atheists are capable of spotting bad science? Surely, you must appreciate that one can believe in God with all of their heart and mind and still have enough integrity to dismiss ill-informed or just plain scientifically illiterate arguments for religion, right? Shouldn't one strive for honest faith?

Old 05-19-2020, 10:33 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Good old Bapfun gets debunked, and just repeats the same claim.
Quote:
The issue is that one can't swing a dead cat around here without 8 different antis attacking them. This forum is overridden with them.
It's because we have the best case and don't you just hate it when you post faith -claims and dammit, it isn't just accepted as true just because you said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
BF, I hope you're not suggesting that only atheists are capable of spotting bad science? Surely, you must appreciate that one can believe in God with all of their heart and mind and still have enough integrity to dismiss ill-informed or just plain scientifically illiterate arguments for religion, right? Shouldn't one strive for honest faith?
It's true that one can reconcile Theism and science. But it does require some delicate selection from the Christian cafeteria.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:39 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The big clue is this is still neural communications, and therefore a function of the brain.

What you still need to demonstrate is this function can exist outside of the brain. Until you have that mechanism, you only have wishful thinking.
to demonstrate that your brain can function without a brain.?

that is proved all the time in morgues..and those who come back to life after being brain dead for even half an hour or more with stories to tell.... these are documented as them being brain dead for even hours..

but I know you all will worm your way out of that one too..

faithlessness is illogical!!

there is no way to prove and there will never be enough proof... of anything to anyone if they don't' want to be convinced!

they will not even be convinced.. by a post-hysterectomy, post-sex ..post-menopause , and by a child born to those conditions..... and her being a twin of another child born in another womb at a different time.. say a year or two-part..? all closed wombs... virgins.. tubes tied.... and one real old lady..( nearly 80)...all the children having the capacity and holiness to be winged .. and even one good womb... that was having sex and yet her middle child is the twin of a 30-year-old daughter of the Lord... actually put in the womb of Bathsheba and raised by King David in this time...and I am not kidding... one of my daughters was raise by king David and Bathsheba..in this time.. her twin just 7 raised halfway across the country by another women.
and that womens mother and Father is a preacher.... and by the very sevier stammering/ stuttering..and such .. he is probably Moses....

Jhn 6:38

For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Jhn 6:39

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Jhn 6:40

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

if Moses is alive.. and he is,,,,,, so is Abraham and David. just like Jesus said he raised them into the
the very last day of the very end of this time..... as Jesus said he would ..
"God is God of the living " jumping from age to age body to body and they still know who they are..... and all the ancients are here now.... all of them.
including the only person named at the judgment of the nations.. Sheba herself an executive of a huge company.

Jesus daughters a the holy spirit.. each a fruit of the Holy spirit.. Co -holy breath of God.. and the heart of God..and the stars in the sons hand..
by the https://www.blueletterbible.org/nkjv/isa/6/2/s_685002 .. all those 6 wings...the wings of the daughters.. which are controlled by the seraphim at His throne..

will proof of any of that convince any of you athiest ? will it?
because his Word proves all of that true.. and sometimes just folks in a morgue prove what you wanted to be proved. because even after "brain death "men have come back to life with stories, of either either
very beautiful or very terrifying. as those two might never be confused by the same experience of just a brain doing "death " as scientism like to explains it away ........ never will those two extremes be confused....

even babies who died.... told of a miscarried sister that his parents never told him about at 3 . they certainly did not know the miscarried childs sex to tell the younger baby brother about that either.... but he met her when he died at 3 and went straight to heaven...... ....and then a child of atheists who was never told about Jesus and never saw tv... or radio.... painted His picture. and sees Him in her dreams..... yes he had to put two trees in her garden also...

and yet those two children at three and eight .. ...agreed as to what he looks like.....
and the baby agreed with no other painting of " Jesus " face in antiquity or currently used as his face. NO
that is not Jesus " to even tons of pictures. every picture the mother could find.. for about year........
except the 8 years old painting of him .." yes that is Jesus " baby Burpo.. at 4 years old.
Baby Burpo.....identified the child who never was told about Jesus and yet told her parents about him.....and when asked by her mom ....to paint his picture at 8.
painted the Jesus she saw in her dreams.. what a painter... if Jesus can make an 8 years paint his picture that well that perfect an image..( because that is also the guy I met on the beach 40 years ago ) ... then She proves.... that He can keep his word perfectly even with men or even with athiest children... even with any children.... keep it perfectly and like he wants it.. just for his puposes...

baby Burpo witnessed Akianas painting as the Jesus he saw also.
He has shown me in dreams... the scarred face / shadowy face and just shredded and very very scarred body ...... well that version of himself / that Tupperware... our bodies are just cloaks .. like coat..... over a dead or living soul... both having awareness... but not necessarily "alive..". awareness isn't "His LIFE" in us ! and only his life married with our souls.....will live into eternity.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-19-2020 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
Why would I suggest that?

My point is that there is a group of people (you can easily spot which ones attack me whenever I post) that really have no life other than to roam around on message boards attacking people that believe differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality