Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,196,822 times

Advertisements

I didn't get to see the Wolf Moon because it was cloudy, but it was indeed the largest in appearance of the year because the Moon was near perigee (closest to the Earth) in its non-circular orbit.

ptsum and songinthewind: My very best to you both. May you both live to see many more Wolf Moons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The full moon last night is known as the Wolf Moon and according to the old Farmer's Almanac, amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus the name for the January's full moon, and is also believed to be the largest full moon of the year.
So very nice to see you Ptsum
Here, where I get to wake up every day, we have more Coyotes than Wolves, and they were all howling!, so were the neighbors dogs, and mine had to put in their two cents...then it was all quiet again. The moon going down in the morning as the sun rose to reflect a pink and orange hue, against the frozen air, made for a beautiful scene too. I love life. It is below zero again this morning, so I am going to the hot springs! Have a wonderful day.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:14 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Healing and Blessings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uRh...eature=related

Prayers for SongintheWind

Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTPVXvYUIA

Friendly greetings to all.
Thanks for that. Over 200, 000 people signed a Facebook page ( including myself) to tell the Police Superintendent to chill a bit.

What better use for a riot shield I ask myself.

I know that Hill extremely well and can understand the temptation especially as we hardly ever get snow...

Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Prayers for ptsum and awesomedove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRP2P...eature=related

Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Ptsum - I'm glad to see your post on here about the Wolf Moon.
How are you doing?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Thanks again to you all for your healing thoughts, music, prayers.
Please continue to do so.
It's been confirmed I do have breast cancer. Just waiting on the complete results of the MRI and then off to a surgeon. Waiting is hard.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Songinthewind, I am so sorry to hear this news..Yet I know how strong you are and how strong your friends here in the sacred circle are..I add my thoughts, prayers and faith in the creator of all that you may be healed and hat your journey through this life will be even better because of this "bump" in your path..
~Hugs~

Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Ptsum - I'm glad to see your post on here about the Wolf Moon.
How are you doing?
songinthewind, right now I am doing fine, I had a visit with my cardiologist today and it has been determined that I have a consultation with a heart surgeon on February 9th and will have open-heart surgery on February 10 to replace the aortic valve, I am ready for this and I told my cardiologist today that I am ready to get it done and over with so that I can start healing, I am looking forward to the warmer weather and the renewal of spring. I will continue to offer up prayers for you that the Creator will watch over you during this time and give you the strength that you will need to come through this and be healed..osay

Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,579,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
songinthewind, right now I am doing fine, I had a visit with my cardiologist today and it has been determined that I have a consultation with a heart surgeon on February 9th and will have open-heart surgery on February 10 to replace the aortic valve, I am ready for this and I told my cardiologist today that I am ready to get it done and over with so that I can start healing, I am looking forward to the warmer weather and the renewal of spring. I will continue to offer up prayers for you that the Creator will watch over you during this time and give you the strength that you will need to come through this and be healed..osay
ptsum,I pray that your open-heart surgery goes well,my brother has problems with his heart(heart attack 6 years ago) as they had to induce a heart attack as part of his tests along with dieting and taking Lipitor for his blood pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality