Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
The sacred circle is teaching me a valuable lesson in how to manage anger..
Whew! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Although, I still had to go listen to some Powwow music, and some Enya, and make some "Fat Alberts". They're kind of like a Heath Bar. Real simple, and they don't take long. Bet I can even make them faster than ILNC can fix up some of that coon she's been telling us about! You know, this could have the makings for a real interesting picnic. Anyone else want to contribute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Speaking of food..I have never heard of any traditional Native American food (except for corn and wild game)..Any one know of any? Oh, and buffalo wings don't count.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-12-2008 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Add content

Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Yes, blue. I have decided that ptsum is good company. Very good company, indeed.
weatherolgist, I am humbled by your kind words and I thank you.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Speaking of food..I have never heard of any traditional Native American food (except for corn and wild game)..Any one know of any?
Well, it's not exceptionally healthy for you, (is anything that tastes good?), but I make fry bread. It's really good with certain casseroles, and with chili, etc. And, it's also good with honey!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:24 PM

It seems as though we're going to talk about food, well food is good for the soul and I could never understand a thing about chicken wings being called buffalo wings and I've never seen a buffalo that small and if a buffalo had wings, I sure wouldn't want to be the person that had to go and cut them off, I think that would be considered hazardous duty pay.........Native American food is not all that exciting,in fact in some cases it could be very bland,it's only when they cooked the meats that some seasonings are added and changes the taste of the meat,however I can do a pretty mean barbecue and I do believe that there isn't a single kind of meat out there that I can't fix real good over an open fire........Even coon....

Old 06-12-2008, 03:25 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Hi Sacred Circle - I would just like to say how wonderful it is to wake up and be able to talk to God. To know that Jesus Christ came to this world and died for my sin is awesome. I have such a peace in my heart it is amazing. So many things have happened in my life that have just made me realise how wonderful Jesus is. He is the truth and the Light and the Way.

I remember, once when I had had such a bad, bad year that I doubted God. I was walking the dog in a field near my home - I was all alone. I wept because of some things that had happend I prayed out loud "God, I am never going to trust you again, after everything that has happend I am just going to trust myself." That was on a wednesday. On the following Sunday, I visited a lively, chirstian church with my sister. It was her church and I knew no one there. During the service, the Pastor came down to me and said "The Lord has told me to come down here and tell you, you can trust him." I was utterly amazed. I had told no one about my conversation with God. I didn't know the Pastor. I have never doubted God since.

I do not need to look at other religions, they are searching, looking. Some believe in multiple lives, others believe in Karma. I just believe in Jesus - his love, his power is all I need. This is my testimony. Gods grace is awesome. The Christian faith made this country great. I feel sad, that so many people are looking to acient gods that cannot match the mighty God of the Bible. This is my honest opinion. Not to be judgemental. It's just so great to know the Lord as Saviour and Friend. Nothing can compare. Godbless!

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Hi Sacred Circle - I would just like to say how wonderful it is to wake up and be able to talk to God. To know that Jesus Christ came to this world and died for my sin is awesome. I have such a peace in my heart it is amazing. So many things have happened in my life that have just made me realise how wonderful Jesus is. He is the truth and the Light and the Way.

I remember, once when I had had such a bad, bad year that I doubted God. I was walking the dog in a field near my home - I was all alone. I wept because of some things that had happend I prayed out loud "God, I am never going to trust you again, after everything that has happend I am just going to trust myself." That was on a wednesday. On the following Sunday, I visited a lively, chirstian church with my sister. It was her church and I knew no one there. During the service, the Pastor came down to me and said "The Lord has told me to come down here and tell you, you can trust him." I was utterly amazed. I had told no one about my conversation with God. I didn't know the Pastor. I have never doubted God since.

I do not need to look at other religions, they are searching, looking. Some believe in multiple lives, others believe in Karma. I just believe in Jesus - his love, his power is all I need. This is my testimony. Gods grace is awesome. The Christian faith made this country great. I feel sad, that so many people are looking to acient gods that cannot match the mighty God of the Bible. This is my honest opinion. Not to be judgemental. It's just so great to know the Lord as Saviour and Friend. Nothing can compare. Godbless!

jennaflorrie, it is good that you have such convictions in your belief, as we all do here in this sacred circle. May the Creator of us all watch over you.osay

Old 06-12-2008, 03:53 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
jennaflorrie, it is good that you have such convictions in your belief, as we all do here in this sacred circle. May the Creator of us all watch over you.osay

Thank you! Yes, my convictions are strong born of a reality in my spirit. My faith has grown so much. Nothing can compare.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Whew! I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Although, I still had to go listen to some Powwow music, and some Enya, and make some "Fat Alberts". They're kind of like a Heath Bar. Real simple, and they don't take long. Bet I can even make them faster than ILNC can fix up some of that coon she's been telling us about! You know, this could have the makings for a real interesting picnic. Anyone else want to contribute?
Yes I'm sure you could fix those bars a LOT faster because the coon would have to be caught first

Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post

That is wonderful jenna, I understand what you mean, I also am a Christian. No one will judge you or debate you on this thread, everyone is free to express their beliefs here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality