Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 06:36 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times

Advertisements

From last night - sunset on the lake. We went camping this weekend. It got much colder than anticipated but it was still fun despite being cold last night. I haven't seen that many stars in years. It's nice to know there are places not too far from Houston where the light pollution isn't that bad and the stars are visible. On a good night here at my house, I can count the number of visible stars on one hand.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 06:37 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
That is just the perks of MOD POWER. I get to evaporate my mistakes before too many people notice them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
(Envisioning Woodrow taking two steps back from computer, clicking heels together three times, and saying "MOD POWER, ACTIVATE!")

I think I'll go sit in the corner now...
Hee hee, I can see that happening

Old 03-30-2014, 06:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
The pics are great, pnc66.

I can imagine a thirsty soul drinking them in and getting recharged.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The pics are great, pnc66.

I can imagine a thirsty soul drinking them in and getting recharged.
^This and kudos for starting the camping season.... best time of the year! (except for asparagus season)

Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,514,366 times
We're getting more rain -- all nite tonite, clearing tomorrow, then all nite again on Tuesday nite! Probably won't be all that much in the rain gauge, but any at all will help.

[You know those earthquakes we've been having in SoCal lately? That's just me doin' a Rain Dance. S-h-h-h-h! ]

Old 03-31-2014, 11:05 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
We're getting more rain -- all nite tonite, clearing tomorrow, then all nite again on Tuesday nite! Probably won't be all that much in the rain gauge, but any at all will help.

[You know those earthquakes we've been having in SoCal lately? That's just me doin' a Rain Dance. S-h-h-h-h! ]
Lissen, friend, you GOTTA think about a diet!

Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
I have two siblings that live in the land of the shaking ground and have asked me numerous times about moving there, they say the weather is nice all year round and that I would not have to contend with snow and sleet and ice and I tell them that I would not like to live in a place that assigns you a temporary address....:D

Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I have two siblings that live in the land of the shaking ground and have asked me numerous times about moving there, they say the weather is nice all year round and that I would not have to contend with snow and sleet and ice and I tell them that I would not like to live in a place that assigns you a temporary address....:D
My friend you are forgetting all the nice things that go with having your camp grounds move to a new address every few days.

The bill collectors can't find you

You never get tired of the scenery as it is always changing

You do not need to buy butter, the whipping cream in the refrigerator turns into butter

Your eggs are pre-scrambled and save you work

You get to meet new neighbors almost daily

Old 03-31-2014, 12:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:

That actually happens. Earthquakes drive everyone outside. You're suddenly talking to the neighbor you don't even know. "You guys all right? Anyone hurt? We have a wrench if you need to turn off the gas."

These conversations ALWAYS occur with a lot of nervous laughter. After that you drive by and wave at the neighbor who had extra flashlight batteries. And, since a lot of earthquakes seem to happen at night or pre-dawn, you meet everyone when they're wearing their jammies!

Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
My friend you are forgetting all the nice things that go with having your camp grounds move to a new address every few days.

The bill collectors can't find you

You never get tired of the scenery as it is always changing

You do not need to buy butter, the whipping cream in the refrigerator turns into butter

Your eggs are pre-scrambled and save you work

[color="Navy"]Ahhhhh....... but I don't like scrambled eggs...[/COLOR]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality