Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 07:28 AM

6 posts, read 15,779 times

Advertisements

whitewolf,thanks for the blessing of your story, it made me feel good inside that one of my brothers opened his heart to you, i know from my expiences in life, that i never judged a person by the color of the skin, it was what was in there heart that i had allways seen, my dad was the same way,we allways walked with peace in are hearts,for all mankind, and mother earth, my the great father be with you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 AM

22,240 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEWOLF508 View Post
I am pagan with Wiccan and Druid leanings. I take my place here in the sacred circle to honor Raymond Frederick Pine.

hello whitewolf, beautiful screen name i get goose bumps reading it
wolf showed up for me several years ago and has been hanging around (in non-physical form) and when i see wolf in my dreams it is always only a white wolf or group of white wolves

Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmftem View Post
whitewolf,thanks for the blessing of your story, it made me feel good inside that one of my brothers opened his heart to you, i know from my expiences in life, that i never judged a person by the color of the skin, it was what was in there heart that i had allways seen, my dad was the same way,we allways walked with peace in are hearts,for all mankind, and mother earth, my the great father be with you,
Welcome to the sacred circle jmftem, daughter of the people (Tsalagi,) it is good to have you sit among us.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,787,012 times
To all those in the sacred circle. May peace and prosperity find their way into your lives, from my heart to yours.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,621,016 times
Default May I suggest that those in the sacred circle put a stop...

... May I suggest that those in the sacred circle help to put a stop to this nonsense?

Call + Response (http://www.callandresponse.com/home.html - broken link)

See this movie soon if at all possible. A new abolitionist movement is arising.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
... May I suggest that those in the sacred circle help to put a stop to this nonsense?

Call + Response (http://www.callandresponse.com/home.html - broken link)

See this movie soon if at all possible. A new abolitionist movement is arising.
firstborn, thank you for bringing this to our attention and I think we should all take a look at this.osay

Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,681 times
I step into the circle and I bring peace, love and hope. I come brining a thirst for enlightenment and knowledge ...or I guess Im searching for a place where I fit in. I was baptized and did my confirmation through the Lutheran church. In high school I became Pagan and practiced Wicca all through college (Im sorry if Im not using terms right, I mean no offense and like I said- I seek to be enlightened ) When I moved to Cincinnati I got "saved" through the AME church and now I am attending a Catholic church (havent joined yet). My beliefs are not like any...(religion?) I have found and Im hoping someone can help me find my place. I beleive Jesus died for our sins, He is my Saviour and my God. But I do NOT beleive that all the other religions are wrong. I beleive we are all praying to the exact same God, He has just manifested himself in different ways, shapes and forms to different people and places. To some, God is a woman, to some God is multiple people but whatever He is to others, He is God to me. I also beleive in reincarnation as well as the spirit world and our world existing together to those who believe. I believe in nature and our ability to use it for good (and evil). One of the biggest things I struggle with is astrology. I know it for a fact that we can get a glimpse of our future, even influence our destiny but of course the curch calls this "occult" and bad which I dont belive is so. We all do it differently, whether it be prayers, tarot cards or spells- we are searching and manifesting. I use tarot cards for answers and I use prayer for answers and a way of giving thanks and praise. I beleive in Heaven but not in hell. I think those who dont make it to heaven (and there is more than one way to get to heaven and there is more than one definition of what heaven is but no one will know until the end so I will just call heaven "the other side") I think those who dont make it to heaven, nothing happens, their soul just lies dormant. Meditating to me is praying the rosary. I find peace, comfort and solitude in repitition, especially to a being as great as the Holy Mother. I can go on and on about what I beleive but someone please tell me where I stand lol. I need spirituality- I cant live without it but I feel like Im just roaming around. Im not religous (obviously) but I am searching for a place where all my beliefs are met and where I can worship with other people.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Hi Babigyrl, I am glad you found the circle..We do not judge anyones path, because we have come together to blend into one without any hate, intolerance or judgement of the path you have chosen to seek the creator/spirit/or God..My path and yours may not be the same, but will cross now and then in this life and we should greet one another with compassion, tolerance and love when they do...

Old 10-21-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I step into the circle and I bring peace, love and hope. I come brining a thirst for enlightenment and knowledge ...or I guess Im searching for a place where I fit in. I was baptized and did my confirmation through the Lutheran church. In high school I became Pagan and practiced Wicca all through college (Im sorry if Im not using terms right, I mean no offense and like I said- I seek to be enlightened ) When I moved to Cincinnati I got "saved" through the AME church and now I am attending a Catholic church (havent joined yet). My beliefs are not like any...(religion?) I have found and Im hoping someone can help me find my place. I beleive Jesus died for our sins, He is my Saviour and my God. But I do NOT beleive that all the other religions are wrong. I beleive we are all praying to the exact same God, He has just manifested himself in different ways, shapes and forms to different people and places. To some, God is a woman, to some God is multiple people but whatever He is to others, He is God to me. I also beleive in reincarnation as well as the spirit world and our world existing together to those who believe. I believe in nature and our ability to use it for good (and evil). One of the biggest things I struggle with is astrology. I know it for a fact that we can get a glimpse of our future, even influence our destiny but of course the curch calls this "occult" and bad which I dont belive is so. We all do it differently, whether it be prayers, tarot cards or spells- we are searching and manifesting. I use tarot cards for answers and I use prayer for answers and a way of giving thanks and praise. I beleive in Heaven but not in hell. I think those who dont make it to heaven (and there is more than one way to get to heaven and there is more than one definition of what heaven is but no one will know until the end so I will just call heaven "the other side") I think those who dont make it to heaven, nothing happens, their soul just lies dormant. Meditating to me is praying the rosary. I find peace, comfort and solitude in repitition, especially to a being as great as the Holy Mother. I can go on and on about what I beleive but someone please tell me where I stand lol. I need spirituality- I cant live without it but I feel like Im just roaming around. Im not religous (obviously) but I am searching for a place where all my beliefs are met and where I can worship with other people.
First off babigyrl5,let me welcome you to the sacred circle and from what you have described of yourself you are not alone in your feelings and it can be understandable because of all of the different religions and cultures that you have experienced and there is nothing wrong with that,it is very wise to educate yourself in the different religions and cultures so that you can make an intelligent decision as to which way you want to go and as to which one you will feel the most comfortable with.Now I don't know how old you are and I would say, to me you seem to be a young person still searching for your identity,no disrespect to you,I am glad to see that you are open enough to question, and intelligent enough to ask. My advice to you and through many years of experience,is to do what you feel comfortable with.There are others in this thread that will be willing to tell you about their experiences and offer you some good advice but understand one thing,you are the one that has to make that decision and you are the one who has to be comfortable with that decision,whatever it may be,and nobody here will criticize you or judge you for whatever decision you make,so I suggest that you ask your questions and hopefully we can answer them for you to your satisfaction and help you make an intelligent and unbiased decision.You are always welcome to sit here among us and ask whatever questions you may have.osay

Old 10-21-2008, 02:50 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
First off babigyrl5,let me welcome you to the sacred circle and from what you have described of yourself you are not alone in your feelings and it can be understandable because of all of the different religions and cultures that you have experienced and there is nothing wrong with that,it is very wise to educate yourself in the different religions and cultures so that you can make an intelligent decision as to which way you want to go and as to which one you will feel the most comfortable with.Now I don't know how old you are and I would say, to me you seem to be a young person still searching for your identity,no disrespect to you,I am glad to see that you are open enough to question, and intelligent enough to ask. My advice to you and through many years of experience,is to do what you feel comfortable with.There are others in this thread that will be willing to tell you about their experiences and offer you some good advice but understand one thing,you are the one that has to make that decision and you are the one who has to be comfortable with that decision,whatever it may be,and nobody here will criticize you or judge you for whatever decision you make,so I suggest that you ask your questions and hopefully we can answer them for you to your satisfaction and help you make an intelligent and unbiased decision.You are always welcome to sit here among us and ask whatever questions you may have.osay
Thanks for the welcome, it is amazing how good that felt to spill out everything I believe in! Normally I cant give the whole story to someone just because they will try to sway me to what THEY believe, not what Im seeking. Im 26 years old but I feel so much older because I feel like I have been reincarnated many times. I dont even know where to begin with my questions. I guess I'll start with what bothers me. Christians believe that using tools to see into the future or alter our destiny is occult. I dont want to go against something that displeases God but I dont see that as such. I never do anything to make someone do something against their will (I do believe if it was meant to be, it will be and there is nothing we can do to change that- delay, yes but not change) but I dont see any harm in using tools to to see the future to help with our current situation or understand the past. I have an advisor that does readings for me often and she is extremelly accurate. And between reading I do my own and surprisingly I am accurate too (I heard people say you cant read yourself). But it bothers me so much to think that what Im doing is displeasing God. So is this bad? Next question, for many years sometimes I would wake up paralyzed. I was wide awake but could not move. I sometimes feel a presence int he room (sometimes evil), I sometimes hear a voice or voices (can be anything from a man to children) and sometimes I even feel someone touching me, but through all this I have never seen anyone. I did some research and found it may have been astral projection but of course my doctor said its sleep paralysis, common among African Americans and I need to be in a sleep study. My advisor told me that I do travel to a distant planet and the scary part was- she was dead on with what I thought I was "dreaming". I never told anyone of the reoccurring dreams I have but she told me my dream, in detail, and said she knew because she often sees me there! When I go to this place, we dont communicate by speaking, because our mouths never move, its telapathy. One time I was outside talking to a woman I see often in my dreams, I look over at a tree and there is a woman there speaking to some birds, like they are gathered around her listening to her talk. Well when I was talking to my advisor, not only did she describe MY dream vividly, down to how we communicate but she said "do you remember someone by a tree talking to the "birds"? That was me." How amazing is that????!!! Oh and she said they werent birds, they were fairies but she lost me with that one lol. I want to beleive there are fairies but it seems so far fetched. So my question is, where do we go when we sleep? I'll take a break and read some answers on this question and then my next questions are on spirits, Shamans and animal guides
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality