Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2020, 12:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think I'm getting it...

So alive and not alive at the same time. Here and there too. Light and dark and gray as well. Oneness! Cell machines. Always busy. Wish I could get more of my brain cells to get busier sometimes these days...
Keep at it. You may get Arach to see that he is talking a situation that materialism already accepts, which is why his argument has always been pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2020, 04:43 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Keep at it. You may get Arach to see that he is talking a situation that materialism already accepts, which is why his argument has always been pointless.
You really have no limits to how what you will do to push your anti-godfaith. Like he is actually showing me what you mean ... you are too funny,

I know you accept my view. I knew years ago when when I asked you about the biosphere matching life or non-life or something in between. You answered "its natural". And you said something like Due to my atheism I have to answer its natural and not take it any further.

remember trans when you said if we talk about it as life the theist will miss use it and make atheism harder to sell.

Thats when I said you are like a fundy theist that has to answer how the universe works based on a statement of belief about god. You answered based on a anti-god faith.

Our disconnect is your political based position that we need to suppress any science that you feel theist can use to make atheism harder to sell. You went so far to keep valid science as it relates to god claims, out of the conversation (because it debunked you) that you lobbied hard to get it removed. I bet you are paid to push the cites political agenda.

misrepresent totally me. From a hiding position. Its the only way for your less valid political based evaluation of what religion and spiritual people are saying about god or other supernatural beliefs can hold up to my STEM based evaluations..

Last edited by Arach Angle; 08-12-2020 at 04:53 AM..

Old 08-12-2020, 09:32 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
I was interested in the topic of this thread. How God's existence can be proven through science. If what has been posted in this thread so far is all there is along those lines, then that proof remains nonexistent and reason for me to revisit this thread is also nonexistent unless someone has something new to add...

Old 08-12-2020, 09:46 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I was interested in the topic of this thread. How God's existence can be proven through science. If what has been posted in this thread so far is all there is along those lines, then that proof remains nonexistent and reason for me to revisit this thread is also nonexistent unless someone has something new to add...
A statement revealing intentional ignorance of the relevant science since science proves nothing, It simply supports or fails to support hypotheses. You, Arq, Harry, and your ilk deliberately limit the science and the evidence to maintain your No God preference by assigning all existing evidence to your amorphous and otherwise unknown "Nature."

Old 08-12-2020, 09:48 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
A statement revealing intentional ignorance of the relevant science since science proves nothing, It simply supports or fails to support hypotheses. You, Ara, Harry, and your ilk deliberately limit the science and the evidence to maintain your No God preference by assigning all existing evidence to your amorphous and otherwise unknown "Nature."
As you and your ilk refuse to go to a more scientific-based discussion based portal or scientific body to gain support for your hypothesis.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
A statement revealing intentional ignorance of the relevant science since science proves nothing, It simply supports or fails to support hypotheses.
Blah, blah, no one is as intelligent as you; and it is us being intentionally dishonest, not you refusing to support your assertions with any evidence.

Every single boring post of yours, it is the same MO. Your high horse has been dead a long time, and still you insist on beating the poor thing.

Quote:
You, Arq, Harry, and your ilk deliberately limit the science and the evidence to maintain your No God preference by assigning all existing evidence to your amorphous and otherwise unknown "Nature."
Yes, we deliberately limit the science to what we do know, which is always nature as we know it (we have a universe full of it, so as it is unknown to you, perhaps it is time you left your mothers cellar). It is never, ever, ever a god, it is never this amorphous and otherwise unknown "Nature" no one else is talking about, and it is never some conscious entity without a brain.

Cue the illiterate ilk, who thinks the biosphere has babies and viruses are alive.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:16 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
A statement revealing intentional ignorance of the relevant science since science proves nothing, It simply supports or fails to support hypotheses. You, Arq, Harry, and your ilk deliberately limit the science and the evidence to maintain your No God preference by assigning all existing evidence to your amorphous and otherwise unknown "Nature."
So very wrong, again...

"Intentional ignorance" is an interesting take for starters, but a little on the silly side if you ask me. I am referring to proof. Period. Either we have it or we don't. I am of the truth ilk in this respect. The truth proven by way of facts and evidence not hypothesis. I don't have a "No God preference." Another of your "interesting" misrepresentations. I would prefer a God in fact! A good one is my preference, but I will accept whatever the facts, evidence and proof reveals to us one way or another.

The sort of thing it seems your intentional ignorance (is that it?) won't allow you to accept as perhaps you should be more willing, but that's your nature. As you must of course...

Old 08-12-2020, 11:12 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, we deliberately limit the science to what we do know, which is always nature as we know it (we have a universe full of it, so as it is unknown to you, perhaps it is time you left your mothers cellar). It is never, ever, ever a god, it is never this amorphous and otherwise unknown "Nature" no one else is talking about, and it is never some conscious entity without a brain.
Okay, Harry, what the heck IS your non-amorphous and known "Nature"? You simply proclaim its name and assign all known information about our Reality to it but never explain WHAT the heck it IS to us if not God. It is pretty darn ubiquitous, powerful, and all-encompassing, all things considered.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Okay, Harry, what the heck IS your non-amorphous and known "Nature"? You simply proclaim its name and assign all known information about our Reality to it but never explain WHAT the heck it IS to us if not God. It is pretty darn ubiquitous, powerful, and all-encompassing, all things considered.
exactly ...

"nature" is a bad answer Mystic. How they cling to it shows they know how invalid it is. Everything is nature. Nature is like the word "thing".

What is that?
their answer "its a thing."
and they tell us its us that are wrong. they cling to "nature" like its a comforter or something.

Its proof they are political. They know they are wrong and they do it anyway.

The god you describe is nature. And they hate you for it because it nulls the blind anti-godfaith. It nulls it because you god is based on real science. As you describe it.

Your god claim is not based on how they say you describe it. They even get it wrong after they clipped your wings.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
the science shows "something more" is, by far, the most valid position.

then we can talk about what we each of us think the something more is.

Most of us think a deity is clearly wrong. Humans as the top point in the hierarchy of structure in the universe is also clearly wrong.

The answer is ... scientifically speaking ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality