Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2020, 12:25 AM

11,086 posts, read 6,029,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I’m afraid the candle you think you’re lighting is actually a fuse to a bomb that will explode for eternity.
I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 04:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,625,898 times
Quote:
Do you think any of your ideas might ever successfully filter through and ultimately impact the amount of Christian influence in politics, law and education? Is this forum the extent of your sphere of influence, or do you broadcast your ideas to a wider audience?
iwas, look at the destruction of our public schools ... his way of thinking is taking the most valuable resource we have have ... Children's futures.

Old 09-29-2020, 04:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,625,898 times
Quote:
I’m afraid the candle you think you’re lighting is actually a fuse to a bomb that will explode for eternity.
Do you see that what we are saying is that if there is a god thing its not like the one you are telling us is. Thats what we are saying.

most people believe in something more. We think it you that are lighting the fuse using Christianity as the literal frame for society.

we aren't lighting a bomb not believing in your god. You are.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:02 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,814,520 times
Quote:
Do you think any of your ideas might ever successfully filter through and ultimately impact the amount of Christian influence in politics, law and education? Is this forum the extent of your sphere of influence, or do you broadcast your ideas to a wider audience?
I sometimes wonder whether I should try to get a forum with a wider audience, but I just like it here. And I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy it. I do see ideas like mine get taken up, but coincidence. Dillahunty on Morality followed what I was arguing in the early days, but if he got if from me, he never mentioned my name.

Something from nothing was something I talked about (with Mystic) early on, but I doubt that Krauss reads my threads.

Quote:
Your fears and threats have no more impact than claims about the rapture. More of a worry about Bombs exploding is the expectation that a total middle east conflict is just Revelation coming true.

Old 09-29-2020, 08:31 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,824,496 times
Quote:
Okay, that made me laugh so you get a rep. I question for you? Were you raised in a religious household and were you spoon fed that fear mongering from a young age? Are you religious out of fear?

Old 09-29-2020, 08:35 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,814,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Okay, that made me laugh so you get a rep. I question for you? Were you raised in a religious household and were you spoon fed that fear mongering from a young age? Are you religious out of fear?
Thank you for asking her a question. I wonder whether we get an answer. Iwash must be Very wary of providing material that can be used as evidence against her.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:43 AM

2,962 posts, read 868,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Thank you for asking her a question. I wonder whether we get an answer. Iwash must be Very wary of providing material that can be used as evidence against her.
You accuse me of projection but you’re totally blind to your own tendency to project. Arach has accurately pointed out your tendency to ignore any arguments that could make atheism harder to sell.

Do you ever apply your criticism to yourself to see how it fits like a hand in a glove? This should be standard practice prior to submitting a comment, but it’s obvious you never do that.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:30 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
You accuse me of projection but you’re totally blind to your own tendency to project. Arach has accurately pointed out your tendency to ignore any arguments that could make atheism harder to sell.

Do you ever apply your criticism to yourself to see how it fits like a hand in a glove? This should be standard practice prior to submitting a comment, but it’s obvious you never do that.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:41 AM

2,962 posts, read 868,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Yes, I was raised in a religious household, but it was not the best example. By the time I was 20 I abandoned Christianity and remained agnostic for over 3 decades, before I became convinced that Christianity is true. I am not Christian out of fear. I was searching for the clearest view of reality and that turned out to be Christianity. I am happy to answer any other questions you have, if any.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:59 AM

51,004 posts, read 24,507,624 times
Quote:
Yes, I was raised in a religious household, but it was not the best example. By the time I was 20 I abandoned Christianity and remained agnostic for over 3 decades, before I became convinced that Christianity is true. I am not Christian out of fear. I was searching for the clearest view of reality and that turned out to be Christianity. I am happy to answer any other questions you have, if any.
Why do you feel the need to push your christianity onto others, often through social bullying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality