Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2020, 12:19 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Why do you feel the need to push your christianity onto others, often through social bullying?
two things would aid Christianity.

dump the died and rose for our sins and the notion that they have to go out and spread the word in Jesus name. Like the far left/right does, there is no need to force Christian morals on everybody else just because it makes them feel good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 12:25 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to push your Christianity onto others, often through social bullying?
I have never understood it, phet. God, like any good parent, wants us children to mature to become like Him voluntarily and without coercion of any kind. Humans are the ones who employ coercion and threats, NOT God.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:37 PM

79 posts, read 60,902 times
I dunno, I can’t blame people. Actually, on some level I admire their earnestness.

If I believed in my heart that someone I care about/love/respect/trust was on a path that would end with eternal damnation, then I think I’d go pretty far to save them. I mean.... f#%¥, what a catastrophic fate for someone who meant well, thought it through, and just came to the wrong conclusion!

But that said, I’d also make damn sure I was on to something before going around imposing myself on people, and that means reading widely on both sides of the argument. Not just reading the rebuttals, mind, but actually digging into the other side. I’m sure some people have and their conclusions stand. But no denying many evangelists have not.

Old 09-29-2020, 04:11 PM

2,962 posts, read 865,258 times
Quote:
Why do you feel the need to push your christianity onto others, often through social bullying?
You really need to back up your accusations with some actual quotes of mine.

I was answering a question that was put to me. I wasn’t proselytizing.

Why do you feel so threatened by any ‘pro’ statements about Christianity that see it as ‘pushing’?
Seems your granny really did a number on you. Yikes.

#neverforgive

Old 09-29-2020, 04:22 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
You really need to back up your accusations with some actual quotes of mine.

I was answering a question that was put to me. I wasn’t proselytizing.

Why do you feel so threatened by any ‘pro’ statements about Christianity that see it as ‘pushing’?
Seems your granny really did a number on you. Yikes.

#neverforgive
We all see the way you tend to question people like a god-appointed proscecutor.

Why not answer the question?

Old 09-29-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmunkz View Post
I dunno, I can’t blame people. Actually, on some level I admire their earnestness.

If I believed in my heart that someone I care about/love/respect/trust was on a path that would end with eternal damnation, then I think I’d go pretty far to save them. I mean.... f#%¥, what a catastrophic fate for someone who meant well, thought it through, and just came to the wrong conclusion!

But that said, I’d also make damn sure I was on to something before going around imposing myself on people, and that means reading widely on both sides of the argument. Not just reading the rebuttals, mind, but actually digging into the other side. I’m sure some people have and their conclusions stand. But no denying many evangelists have not.
The fact that you are able to understand it from that perspective is proof that you are more objective than most, engaging in an intellectual pursuit rather than a knee-jerk emotional reaction.

Here’s someone else who is able to see it the way you do...
[5 min.]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6md638smQd8

Old 09-29-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
We all see the way you tend to question people like a god-appointed proscecutor.

Why not answer the question?
Why does someone else having more confidence in their worldview, than you have in your own, bother you so much? Is it just insecurities on your part or is there also a bit of jealousy in the mix?

Old 09-29-2020, 04:44 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Why does someone else having more confidence in their worldview, than you have in your own, bother you so much? Is it just insecurities on your part or is there also a bit of jealousy in the mix?
It's irrelevant to me how much confidence a person has in their own religion, or how fervently they believe. It's very relevant to me when they push their religion.

But I note once again that you avoided answering the question. It's one of your regular tricks. You're a very dishonest poster.

Old 09-29-2020, 05:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
The fact that you are able to understand it from that perspective is proof that you are more objective than most, engaging in an intellectual pursuit rather than a knee-jerk emotional reaction.

Here’s someone else who is able to see it the way you do...
[5 min.]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6md638smQd8
We all understand the desire (or the pretext) for pushing religion because they want to save people. The argument is that the belief that they want to save us from is not really credible, aside from Muslims wanting to save Christians from the fate that Allah will dish out to them.

Apologies for posting this yet again, but it does make the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttevamkS6gw

Old 09-29-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
It's irrelevant to me how much confidence a person has in their own religion, or how fervently they believe. It's very relevant to me when they push their religion.

But I note once again that you avoided answering the question. It's one of your regular tricks. You're a very dishonest poster.
Do you understand the sentiment expressed by this poster? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmunkz View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality