Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 08:57 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've given you evidence. Repeatedly. And you come back with the same questions. And the same rhetoric. If you were genuinely interested in learning, great. But all I see is a failed attempt at mockery.
Haha, Uh no, you did not. All you did was respond by saying "No, he didn't" fail. And then you just disappeared from my follow up questions. Nice try though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 08:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
He's not beholden to me. He is beholden to everyone that doesn't believe in the Christian version of God. Which is many people throughout history. Billions of people. Lets face it. What we have here is called BLIND FAITH. Why can't religious people just admit that their religion is strictly based on blind faith? You keep saying there is evidence for this Christian God of yours but you have repeatedly failed at showing this kind of God actually exists.
Exhibit one: Creation. Until you can tell me how we got here, this universe got here without a creator, I'll believe in a creator.

As for him being beholden to you or anyone else? He's God. By his nature he is superior and is above all. Including you.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
As I told MQ, Christians believe salvation is already determined. We know God loves us and he has promised he won't lose us. He is not looking for a reason to punish us.
If it's determined then you have no free will.
Quote:
Having said that, do you have kids? Did you teach them about Santa Claus? About the man hiding and watching them and putting them on a naughty or nice list? Amazing how the secular projects their silly beliefs on Christians. We aren't the ones claiming God keeps tabs.
yes, I teach my kids about Santa Claus because it's FUN for them. It doesn't determine how they should live in fear from an invisible deity all their lives like fundamentalist Christianity does.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Exhibit one: Creation. Until you can tell me how we got here, this universe got here without a creator, I'll believe in a creator.
Creation is not evidence the Christian God exists. There could still have been a creator that exists that does not interfere with this world.
Quote:
As for him being beholden to you or anyone else? He's God. By his nature he is superior and is above all. Including you.
So why does he pick and choose who to reveal himself to? The Christian God somehow has revealed himself to you but the billions throughout history some how he didn't reach out to them. You must be super special.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
If it's determined then you have no free will.
OK?
Quote:
yes, I teach my kids about Santa Claus because it's FUN for them. It doesn't determine how they should live in fear from an invisible deity all their lives like fundamentalist Christianity does.
So you teach them about a creepy fat guy in a red suit putting them on either a naughty or nice list, and you have the nerve to suggest that we teach a god that is basically that.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Creation is not evidence the Christian God exists. There could still have been a creator that exists that does not interfere with this world.
OK?
Quote:
So why does he pick and choose who to reveal himself to? The Christian God somehow has revealed himself to you but the billions throughout history some how he didn't reach out to them. You must be super special.
God HAS revealed himself to the world through his creation.

And the vast majority of humans throughout history have chosen to ignore him and do their own thing.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:45 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I'm a Pantheist...everyone has heard of, and observed, the God (ALL) I perceive.
4 out of 5 are Theist...they Believe in the existence of a God Entity.

Your argument makes no sense.
1st you complain about, "all the misery their master has wreaked on mankind over the hundreds of thousands of years of man's existence."
Then you say, "Of course, it is all a Fairy Tale".
So...which one is it?
Come on now. You know perfectly well the way this goes.

We can postulate from one of at least two possibilities. It's called postulation.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:47 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:

Stop and think about what you just said.

You have no reason to believe in a creator other than what else could it be. Now get back to your goat herd.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Stop and think about what you just said.

You have no reason to believe in a creator other than what else could it be. Now get back to your goat herd.
Yes. There are 2 choices. Either it WAS created by a creator, or it was not. Disprove one, and the other is the one we have to believe.

Since we know the universe could not have come into existence without being created, then we have to believe there was a creator. It's simple, really. You disagree? Show me how it came about.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:

Creation is not evidence that your deity Created it. But we are here now and we can say somethings about what we see around us. The trait of omni powered doesn't seem to fit. In fact, you can make some of the traits of god fit/match observation by saying he can't change the rules he set into motion. Problem solved.

In fact, doing that would make some denials go away.

So why do you hold onto the need for "omni powered" when that doesn't match what we see?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality