Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 04:00 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Another confused person falling for the esoteric rationale of the Tao or other esoteric mumbo jumbo. I respect the Tao for it contains significant wisdom, but the rationalizations within it can be illogical. What is doing the experiencing? What is being aware if not your intellect????
Just admit you don't get it and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 04:16 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Just admit you don't get it and move on.
Typical posturing. If you want to continue to pretend YOU get it, answer the questions. What is doing the experiencing? What is being aware if not your intellect?

Old 02-23-2021, 05:50 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
What is taking advantage of this opportunity? If there is only the Oneness that is unchanging and timeless, how can it possibly realize anything it does not already realize?
Taking an advantage of an opportunity means achieving something that represents a change from what already exists, but you say the only thing that exists is changeless.
Oneness is pure existence, pure Consciousness, with no beginning and no end. It is all there is, complete, eternal, and all there is to know.
Our atma/consciousness is the same as the Oneness. The reason we dont feel infinite and never changing is due to ignorance, which has no origin. Ignorance shields our true nature, which is pure consciousness. It also binds us to what we are not, projecting instead the world of names and forms which we experience with our body, mind, and intellect. None of that is real or changeless and yet we are closely enmeshed in it and suffer sorrow and pain.
Our Atma/consciousness is free of ignorance and is not affected by our actions, experiences, or feelings. It is always at peace, eternal, complete, free of want or desire. When we realize our happiness does not lie with the unreal, dying world, we achieve real knowledge of our eternal self and attain liberation.
This is not change, it is uncovering of what was always there. We continue to live holding both concepts, the real and the unreal at the same time. Which is what we do when we watch the sun set and sink below the horizon every day when we know it is we who are moving.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:10 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Oneness is pure existence, pure Consciousness, with no beginning and no end. It is all there is, complete, eternal, and all there is to know.
Our atma/consciousness is the same as the Oneness. The reason we dont feel infinite and never changing is due to ignorance, which has no origin. Ignorance shields our true nature, which is pure consciousness. It also binds us to what we are not, projecting instead the world of names and forms which we experience with our body, mind, and intellect. None of that is real or changeless and yet we are closely enmeshed in it and suffer sorrow and pain.
Our Atma/consciousness is free of ignorance and is not affected by our actions, experiences, or feelings. It is always at peace, eternal, complete, free of want or desire. When we realize our happiness does not lie with the unreal, dying world, we achieve real knowledge of our eternal self and attain liberation.
This is not change, it is uncovering of what was always there. We continue to live holding both concepts, the real and the unreal at the same time. Which is what we do when we watch the sun set and sink below the horizon every day when we know it is we who are moving.
That this continues to make sense to you indicates you have a long way to go to enlightenment, IMO.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
That this continues to make sense to you indicates you have a long way to go to enlightenment, IMO.
It makes abundant sense to me. That is why i do not see myself as a child of god. I see myself as an aspect of him, just like every aspect of creation is. That is all there is, Oneness, peace, harmony.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:14 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Another confused person falling for the esoteric rationale of the Tao or other esoteric mumbo jumbo. I respect the Tao for it contains significant wisdom, but the rationalizations within it can be illogical. What is doing the experiencing? What is being aware if not your intellect????
the part that is being aware
is the part that knows it's not the intellect

and knows it's not the emotions
and knows it's not the body

Old 02-23-2021, 09:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It makes abundant sense to me. That is why i do not see myself as a child of god. I see myself as an aspect of him, just like every aspect of creation is. That is all there is, Oneness, peace, harmony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

Kewl.

Doubly.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

Right on!

Old 02-24-2021, 07:59 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
apologies to the moderator for my 'asterisked' curse word. That was an expression back in the day. It appears each thread has different levels of what is acceptable. I see many threads where many curse words are asterisked and they are not removed. I'd thought to just use four asterisks - I guess I should have. Apologies again.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:28 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Quote:
Typical posturing. If you want to continue to pretend YOU get it, answer the questions. What is doing the experiencing? What is being aware if not your intellect?
It's pointless because you already think you have all the answers. But it's like sex or being high on drugs. You can intellectualize about them but if you haven't experienced it personally you can't know what it feels like. On the other hand, if you do experience it you don't need any explanations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality