Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 09:45 AM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the part that is being aware
is the part that knows it's not the intellect
and knows it's not the emotions
and knows it's not the body
::Sigh:: The only part of you that KNOWS anything is your intellect which IS you, NOT your body or brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
It's pointless because you already think you have all the answers. But it's like sex or being high on drugs. You can intellectualize about them but if you haven't experienced it personally you can't know what it feels like. On the other hand, if you do experience it you don't need any explanations.
Well, I certainly have experienced it big time and it is not as described in the ancient esoteric texts because it is not describable.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:56 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Birding is very popular along the NJ coast, particularly in the marshlands and in our ecosystem known as the Pine Barrens.

NJ is on a major migration path, so at certain times of the year, people come from all over to places like Cape May, the southernmost tip of our state, a narrow spit of land jutting 20 miles out into the ocean. The spiritual element of it is part of the draw, I'm sure, even if they don't so express it.
Yes the pine Barrens are very famous birding spots as is Cape May. And Point Peelee in S Ontario.

I do live in the grasslands and have gone birding with British Soldiers who take advantage of posting at Suffield just for birding. To the west is a large irrigation division and few native birds other than magpies.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:56 AM

332 posts, read 220,208 times
deep study of the word of the living God

Old 02-24-2021, 10:36 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
apologies to the moderator for my 'asterisked' curse word. That was an expression back in the day. It appears each thread has different levels of what is acceptable. I see many threads where many curse words are asterisked and they are not removed. I'd thought to just use four asterisks - I guess I should have. Apologies again.
No, it won't be tolerated in the R&S forums. Read the rules. Zero tolerance.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:43 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Another confused person falling for the esoteric rationale of the Tao or other esoteric mumbo jumbo. I respect the Tao for it contains significant wisdom, but the rationalizations within it can be illogical. What is doing the experiencing? What is being aware if not your intellect????
The reason you have so many questions is because you are not ready.
Because of that you get angry, frustrated and get abusive. These are not the qualities of one who wants to attain peace and liberation.
You should question yourself as to where your anger comes from.
You should stop Mystic from controlling your mind and find your true Self.
Only then you are will be ready to let Jesus in and let his message lead you to the kingdom of god that is within you.
Most of all stop abusing the wisdom of the ancient sages. Without their blessing you will never get wisdom.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:47 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I believe God is with me all the time. I believe dead relatives are here all the time as long as they are in my memory. They are my personal saints. At night before I go to sleep I spend a couple of minutes saying a few prayers and praying for my dead relatives and friends, and for my live relatives and talking with my father who passed in 1980.
I totally get that.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Birding is very popular along the NJ coast, particularly in the marshlands and in our ecosystem known as the Pine Barrens.

NJ is on a major migration path, so at certain times of the year, people come from all over to places like Cape May, the southernmost tip of our state, a narrow spit of land jutting 20 miles out into the ocean. The spiritual element of it is part of the draw, I'm sure, even if they don't so express it.
1000's of swallows looping to dink in a pool is an amazing sight. You feel the pressure changes in the air as they are looping. Cleaning up after them is a nighmare.

The pine Barrens is a great place to ride dirt bikes too. Nothing better than sitting and admiring the barrens after a good ride.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The reason you have so many questions is because you are not ready.
Because of that you get angry, frustrated and get abusive. These are not the qualities of one who wants to attain peace and liberation.
You should question yourself as to where your anger comes from.
You should stop Mystic from controlling your mind and find your true Self.
Only then you are will be ready to let Jesus in and let his message lead you to the kingdom of god that is within you.
Most of all stop abusing the wisdom of the ancient sages. Without their blessing you will never get wisdom.
Don't judge my state of mind by my efforts here. I am quite at peace but I feel a need to topple the complacent applecarts of both theists and atheists who simply are operating on the wrong understanding of what Reality IS. The theists are discombobulated because of the primitive ignorance of their religions. The atheists are misled by their common sense apprehensions of science and their conditioning to the material world. I am no Jesus, so my abreactions to frustration and aggravation are what they are. I do not abuse the sages by pointing out where even they were wrong based on MY experiences and acquisition of knowledge. Very intelligent scientists once believed in theories about phlogiston and caloric too.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:40 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: The only part of you that KNOWS anything is your intellect which IS you, NOT your body or brain.
nope.
your "intellect" is not you.

the intellect "thinks" and is busy with thoughts.
that is the antithesis of stillness, of silence
busy with thinking, busy with thoughts
is the same as busy with movement, busy with activity,
is the same as busy with the drama and chaos of emotions.
busy with any of those is a distraction.

that is not stillness. that is not peace.
and it is in stillness where the authentic you is found and recognized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality