Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 04:07 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But what you and the other atheists don't get is that I am talking about what DOES exist - Reality. You want to make my God persona non grata so you can continue to bash and pretend God doesn't exist. Get over it. Mine DOES exist (emphasis added).
Yes, all the way to the pia mater where after it stops stone-cold dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 04:41 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
Yes, all the way to the pia mater where after it stops stone-cold dead
Let those who thirst come unto me with no money or bread, and I will give them bread and strong drink. Why do people spend so much money on bread when my house is a house of free bread, free drink and the false prophet loves his drink.

I have chosen you as my third disciple, come with me and I will make you as a dragon in the waters of men, you shall torment Christian's five months and when you have broken them, they shall all give you a spoil of golden earrings. They shall be loaded in ships and sent to a country they know not. There will be famine and pestilence in the ships upon the sea as they travel from island to island begging for someone to buy them, but none will offer to bring them into their houses, no one will buy them and they shall drift and build houses in boats.

I have seen a vision of you, and I then I prayed," Dear Lord, why Them?"

Youtube, Mongo knocks out a horse.
https://youtu.be/O8cDfnQD0ws

Old 03-05-2021, 08:05 PM

79 posts, read 21,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
Wrong. You have to believe that you do not believe in gods.
Wrong. You don't have to believe that you do not believe in gods. You not believing that you do not believe in gods, does not make you believe in gods.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
mystic, they get it. That's why its put in a closet.

List the traits that science gives the system around us and form a belief from it.

Then we compare and contrast what people believe to see if they are consistent with observation to sort out reliability. I even put "lack belief" in there. Actually, when we put lack belief in there it kind of shows how basing a belief (almost a belief system at this point on CD) on "lack belief is so silly.

Yes, they want to remove the word god. Remember way back when they actually talked about it? before the rule changes about no evidence allowed for anything but a deity? It is about the word god due to its baggage.
Your habitual denial and lies. Even if your post made sense it is nothing to do with Mystic's semantic fiddle, which I trust everyone (but deniers) will see and probably without me needing to explain.

Mystic's denial (not to mention selective memory) after he has been shown up a fiddler on this very quotemine should now be known to everyone, and you by this yapping in his defence with an apparently unrelated and irrelevant, as well as incoherent, post makes you as bad as he is.

Old 03-07-2021, 04:54 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Your habitual denial and lies. Even if your post made sense it is nothing to do with Mystic's semantic fiddle, which I trust everyone (but deniers) will see and probably without me needing to explain.

Mystic's denial (not to mention selective memory) after he has been shown up a fiddler on this very quotemine should now be known to everyone, and you by this yapping in his defence with an apparently unrelated and irrelevant, as well as incoherent, post makes you as bad as he is.
trans ...right back at ya bud. I am not fighting you saying I am lying. It just not true.

Mystic claim that spacetime, via QED, puts us in a sea of information exchange and we are just a subset it, is, at its base, more true than false. His claim, and he is very clear that its his belief, is plausible enough to say "yeah, ok, its plausible but I don't believe ya." and move on.

In fact, its so plausible, that "lack belief" and fighting so hard like you do means it really is about something else other than just letting a plausible spiritual belief pass. Maybe lack of belief just really is that ignorant (meaning one just has no clue what they are talking about). You are not in that category. You know his belief has legs.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:04 AM

You are lying. We do not believe it but 'put it in a closet'. We do not believe what is not validated.

The rest is not unrelated to anything much, so I won't bother. Get back to accusing me of running away and hiding just because I find most of your posts not worth the effort.

If anyone believes what you say about me, any words of mine are pointless.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are lying. We do not believe it but 'put it in a closet'. We do not believe what is not validated.

The rest is not unrelated to anything much, so I won't bother. Get back to accusing me of running away and hiding just because I find most of your posts not worth the effort.

If anyone believes what you say about me, any words of mine are pointless.
No I am not lying trans. You are accusing me lying. What I am saying is exactly relating to what is going on and you know it. Other wise I could use my proofs for mystic and my own claims without worry.

The "we do not believe what is not validated". If you felt that way, and your belief had strength of evidence, you wouldn't take the steps you do to get it obscured.

We are looking at beliefs, in a spirituality forum none the less trans, to see what one are more reliable or not.

I judger you by your actions. You judge me on how I "slow you down". You say I quote mine and change what I said, well, after I accused you of it, but either way, I list your post where I take what you say from.

I quote the exact post and point out what you said ... then, like a few others, when exposed, run. Oh yeah, and DM. We now have proof that you use DMs. I call them back door DM's. I would love to see the dm's around the stop claims. You know dont answer him type... you know it trans.

If anybody else is on board with keeping our beliefs quite because our sole focus is fight religion, then I am hung out to dry. Its ok, I am right, and your actions prove it.

Take a look at the "what is fair". I say open, honest, and complete unpacking of beliefs is more fair than obscuring belief because you feel, based on strength of evidence, hurt the cause. And we are in a spirituality forum, not a political one.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:33 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
The dead horse still being beaten to the point of FUBAR I see! Another thread I'll write off to you three...

Old 03-07-2021, 11:23 AM

I get cha ...

but when we are believing things based on ...

"If you are not talking a god here (it's alive but not with a planning, intelligent, will) you are off topic. Remember the only reason for atheists to be here is in refuting the claim of a theism or religion or at least a spirituality. We are not here to put forward speculative non -theist alternatives. Take them to the science forum and argue them there. I'm not going to keep on explaining this."

Like with fundy theist, we need to respond to that all the time. You get to decide how valid it is or not.

Old 03-07-2021, 11:53 AM

As soon as you stop talking a god (which has to be intelligent or it is not a god, in any meaningful way), religion or spirituality (assuming we all agree on that when we see it), and talk about the unthinking processes of nature and physics and curious theories about what is 'alive' and what is not, then it is off -topic; and while some leeway can be given, you have long since had your inch and mile more.

And you are lying about the way atheists argue here. You have been corrected, but you persist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality