Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 01:34 PM

159 posts, read 93,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're adorable.
Thanks, my wife says the same when I wear the little button down she got me for my birthday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 01:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlueSyZ View Post
Thanks, my wife says the same when I wear the little button down she got me for my birthday
You're very welcome.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:50 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Does Buddhism teach that the triune God (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, 3 in 1) created the universe?

Does Hinduism?

Does Islam?

Last I checked, the answer was 'no'.

Further, within these cultural belief systems, what is their explanation for the laws of logic you and I are engaging in and that we both know are real?

Last I checked, they have no answer.

Lastly, if atheism were correct, we would expect other worldviews to have to borrow from it, not the other way around, yes?

But, this is exactly what we should be doing in attempting to arrive at truth - test all 5 worldviews and more - and ultimately see which makes the most sense.

Correct?
Last I checked I noticed some of us don't believe in your fairy tale.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Last I checked I noticed some of us don't believe in your fairy tale.
Again, what is your point?

Many people believe Christianity is true, many people do not believe Christianity is true.

What difference, practically, does this make in determining whether or not Christianity is true?

That is the goal, correct? Evaluating evidence and data to determine where it leads us?

Old 04-28-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Again, what is your point?

Many people believe Christianity is true, many people do not believe Christianity is true.

What difference, practically, does this make in determining whether or not Christianity is true?

That is the goal, correct? Evaluating evidence and data to determine where it leads us?
I've already explained my point. And my point wasn't even whether or not christianity is true. Your posts in threads just seem to wander and ramble.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I've already explained my point. And my point wasn't even whether or not christianity is true. Your posts in threads just seem to wander and ramble.
They 'wander' because nobody can ever just stick to the topic at hand. They shift and maneuver in order to evade the question in order to maintain an illusion of control over the conversation at hand.

Further, should I apologize that I'm engaging in actual dialogue and conversation? Is it preferable that all my posts are 'yes', 'no', 'idk'?

At the end of the day, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make disciples and proclaim the gospel. If that's not for you, you're not rejecting me, you're rejecting Christ. One day you'll give an account to him of why you didn't believe.

The answer is not 'nobody told me', as I'm telling you.

The answer is not 'there's no evidence you were real', as we've been discussing evidence.

The answer is a combination of 'I didn't want it to be true because I didn't want to be accountable for my actions' and 'I didn't want it to be true because I didn't want to have to admit I was wrong and humility was required in order to repent and believe'.

Life is better when we can honestly and accurately articulate what we think and feel, no?

All that said, you have freedom to not engage me if this post 'wandered' and 'rambled' too much.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
They 'wander' because nobody can ever just stick to the topic at hand. They shift and maneuver in order to evade the question in order to maintain an illusion of control over the conversation at hand.

Further, should I apologize that I'm engaging in actual dialogue and conversation? Is it preferable that all my posts are 'yes', 'no', 'idk'?

At the end of the day, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make disciples and proclaim the gospel. If that's not for you, you're not rejecting me, you're rejecting Christ. One day you'll give an account to him of why you didn't believe.

The answer is not 'nobody told me', as I'm telling you.

The answer is not 'there's no evidence you were real', as we've been discussing evidence.

The answer is a combination of 'I didn't want it to be true because I didn't want to be accountable for my actions' and 'I didn't want it to be true because I didn't want to have to admit I was wrong and humility was required in order to repent and believe'.

Life is better when we can honestly and accurately articulate what we think and feel, no?

All that said, you have freedom to not engage me if this post 'wandered' and 'rambled' too much.
1. No, I'm talking about your posts wandering.

2. You're not dialoging. You're mostly lecturing.

3. I don't think you're much danger of making many friends here. You'll connect with BF and a few others.

4. I am rejecting the OT out of hand. I am rejecting much of what we are taught about christ, although I do think he had some wisdom and was an effective teacher. Judgement day...lol. But if there is such a thing, I will be happy to explain why I reject the OT. On the other hand, you will have a difficult time living through karma and rebirth.

5. Life is better (real life, not forum life) when people stay in their lane and let others do so.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:

3. I don't think you're much danger of making many friends here. You'll connect with BF and a few others.

4. I am rejecting the OT out of hand. I am rejecting much of what we are taught about christ, although I do think he had some wisdom and was an effective teacher. Judgement day...lol. But if there is such a thing, I will be happy to explain why I reject the OT. On the other hand, you will have a difficult time living through karma and rebirth.

5. Life is better (real life, not forum life) when people stay in their lane and let others do so.
wan·der·ing
/ˈwändəriNG/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
traveling aimlessly from place to place; itinerant.

My posts all ultimately lead back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are, arguably, all less 'wandering' than every other poster here, who ultimately has no end game or point, and is just responding to posts as they pop up.

di·a·logue
/ˈdīəˌläɡ,ˈdīəˌlôɡ/
noun

take part in a conversation or discussion to resolve a problem.

We are conversing and discussing about the problem of Atheism being a defective worldview, life not being fair, and how Christianity offers a solution.

3. The gospel is offensive, and meant to be. If I'm not making friends, I'll take it as a sign I'm on the right track.

4. You are rejecting Christ, and will give an account as to why. I will not have a difficult time with karma and rebirth as these aren't real and are inventions of false religions.

5. Ah, the 'just don't do anything that offends or hurts others' mantra of 2021 America. Another false gospel and failed world philosophy.

The ultimate irony is that the Christian is mocked for being closed-minded and illogical, but the atheist is nothing more than a sheep to whatever the philosophy of the day is, and nothing they believe holds up to scrutiny. Critical Race Theory? Sure, why not! Intersectionality? #obvi! Safety-ism? I mean, it sounds great, I'll allow it! Meanwhile, a five minute critical analysis of all would reveal them all to be false inventions within an atheistic framework that falls apart and is internally inconsistent.

Was there anything else you wanted to discuss in this conversation we're having about how I'm not engaging in a conversation or discussion? Or did this post wander and meander too much?

Just curious.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:52 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:

it is uncanny how you are oblivious to your double standards.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
wan·der·ing
/ˈwändəriNG/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
traveling aimlessly from place to place; itinerant.

My posts all ultimately lead back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are, arguably, all less 'wandering' than every other poster here, who ultimately has no end game or point, and is just responding to posts as they pop up.

di·a·logue
/ˈdīəˌläɡ,ˈdīəˌlôɡ/
noun

take part in a conversation or discussion to resolve a problem.

We are conversing and discussing about the problem of Atheism being a defective worldview, life not being fair, and how Christianity offers a solution.

3. The gospel is offensive, and meant to be. If I'm not making friends, I'll take it as a sign I'm on the right track.

4. You are rejecting Christ, and will give an account as to why. I will not have a difficult time with karma and rebirth as these aren't real and are inventions of false religions.

5. Ah, the 'just don't do anything that offends or hurts others' mantra of 2021 America. Another false gospel and failed world philosophy.

The ultimate irony is that the Christian is mocked for being closed-minded and illogical, but the atheist is nothing more than a sheep to whatever the philosophy of the day is, and nothing they believe holds up to scrutiny. Critical Race Theory? Sure, why not! Intersectionality? #obvi! Safety-ism? I mean, it sounds great, I'll allow it! Meanwhile, a five minute critical analysis of all would reveal them all to be false inventions within an atheistic framework that falls apart and is internally inconsistent.

Was there anything else you wanted to discuss in this conversation we're having about how I'm not engaging in a conversation or discussion? Or did this post wander and meander too much?

Just curious.
Perhaps I see your posts as wandering since I don't believe in the "gospel".

Atheism is not defective; that's just an opinion. Yes, life is not fair, and it is often christians who make it so. Christianity is a selfish religion with the primary purpose being for the individual to get to heaven and eternal life. Clearly, looking at our nation, christians are doing little to eliminate the unfairness. The vast majority of slave holders were christians. The vast majority of people who believed in and practiced Jim Crow were christians, as were most KKK members. The vast majority of people who believe in the death penalty and locking children in cages at the border are christians. The vast majority of gun owners are christians. (All talking about American christians).

You have no evidence whatsoever of a judgement day, anymore than any other religion has evidence of their end of life scenario.

You live in your echo chamber way too much of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality