Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,588,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MADISON, Wis. - Two children and their mother lived for about two months with the decaying body of a 90-year-old woman on the toilet of their home's only bathroom, on the advice of a religious "superior" who claimed the corpse would come back to life, authorities said Friday.
The religious crazies are at it again! Check out the photo of the "mother" that accompanies the story! What plane of existence is she on? I know, she's waiting for that heavenly comet to return and pick her up, just like that Asian group that committed mass suicide a number of years ago!

Kids, mom lived with 90-year-old's corpse for weeks in Wis. - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,496,859 times
seriously, where did they go to the bathroom all that time??
why in the world to people think God would want you to do that?? religious leaders can be so dangerous--especially when it comes to people who cant think for themselves!!

Old 05-10-2008, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
seriously, where did they go to the bathroom all that time??
why in the world to people think God would want you to do that?? religious leaders can be so dangerous--especially when it comes to people who cant think for themselves!!
Uhh..., use your imagination and come up with some "alternate" locations!

Old 05-10-2008, 09:00 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,023 times
according to the milwaukee jounal they were using a bucket. It made the front page here in wisconsin. I feel just awful for those kids having to live like that. It is to bad that these people with mental illnesses are found way to late and things like this happen. I couldn't live like that no matter what someone told me.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
according to the milwaukee jounal they were using a bucket. It made the front page here in wisconsin. I feel just awful for those kids having to live like that. It is to bad that these people with mental illnesses are found way to late and things like this happen. I couldn't live like that no matter what someone told me.
By definition, the adults in this horrible situation are not mentally ill or defected. This is a situation of religious fanatics taking the interpretation of the Bible to the extreme. This class of persons believe that the Bible is the physical and absolute word of God and therefore must be obeyed to the strictest letter of the text. The really sad situation here is that the children are indoctrinated with this fanaticism and will require years of deprogramming to even have a shot at a reasonable, yet alone normal life. The adults are in the category of the Fundamental Church of Latter Day Saints and are a lost cause. Their lives will most likely end in self-deprivation and/or suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality