Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 04:38 PM

1,799 posts, read 561,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
No, she did not convert. she is not Jewish, she does not consider herself Jewish and she does not identify as Jewish

"When asked to what extent would she would characterize herself Jewish? Madonna reportedly laughed the question off, saying "No, I don't affiliate myself with any specific religious group. I connect to different ritualistic aspects of different belief systems, and I see the connecting thread between all religious beliefs."

Ynetnews.com, March 23, 2015 article
Thanks for the clarification. She is listed as a convert to Kabbalah on a few sites listing converts to Judaism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 04:40 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
My guess is that Madonna uses religion as she has used other themes -- to shock.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:44 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
No, she did not convert. she is not Jewish, she does not consider herself Jewish and she does not identify as Jewish

"When asked to what extent would she would characterize herself Jewish? Madonna reportedly laughed the question off, saying "No, I don't affiliate myself with any specific religious group. I connect to different ritualistic aspects of different belief systems, and I see the connecting thread between all religious beliefs."

Ynetnews.com, March 23, 2015 article
That is an awesome response. believe from what I have read about it Kabbala is the spiritual aspect of Judaism.

Old 11-12-2021, 05:59 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Answer to OP:

From inner conviction. I always had it in me. That, resulted in Search. Search resulted in knowledge. Knowledge resulted in proof to inner conviction. Both resulted in firm belief.

Old 11-12-2021, 06:09 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times
I am a Christian because of my mother’s faith, and her mother before her. I am thankful my mother raised me to love Jesus. My wife and I raised our kids the same way, and now our grandkids are expressing their love for Christ. A great family legacy!

Old 11-12-2021, 06:57 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Well, I was raised in an LDS household by two parents who were practicing but "not your average Mormons." They never had a meltdown if I questioned something I heard taught in Church and they had no problem with my early interest in other denominations of Christianity. I've pretty much always been a practicing Mormon, but I've also always been kind of atypical. For most of my life, I have felt that that I was always kind of on the fringes. I love and believe the vast majority of my Church's teachings, including (maybe even especially) the ones that set us apart from traditional Christianity, but I am much, much, much more liberal in my worldview than practically every Mormon I know -- and I probably know more than a thousand.

It's been hard for me to find a place in the Church where I was comfortable, but within the last few years, I have finally come to understand that I can actually trust what the Spirit teaches me, and if some of the things I believe don't jive with what the rest of my faith community believes, that's just fine. So I'd have to say that I am where I am now because I stopped trying to fit into the mold and embraced the personal revelations that I believe God has given me. I may be wrong about some things, but I'm open to whatever He may choose to teach me in the future, and my heart is at peace in knowing that He's just fine with how I see things right now.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:07 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I am a Christian because of my mother’s faith, and her mother before her. I am thankful my mother raised me to love Jesus. My wife and I raised our kids the same way, and now our grandkids are expressing their love for Christ. A great family legacy!

Old 11-12-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I was raised in an LDS household by two parents who were practicing but "not your average Mormons." They never had a meltdown if I questioned something I heard taught in Church and they had no problem with my early interest in other denominations of Christianity. I've pretty much always been a practicing Mormon, but I've also always been kind of atypical. For most of my life, I have felt that that I was always kind of on the fringes. I love and believe the vast majority of my Church's teachings, including (maybe even especially) the ones that set us apart from traditional Christianity, but I am much, much, much more liberal in my worldview than practically every Mormon I know -- and I probably know more than a thousand.

It's been hard for me to find a place in the Church where I was comfortable, but within the last few years, I have finally come to understand that I can actually trust what the Spirit teaches me, and if some of the things I believe don't jive with what the rest of my faith community believes, that's just fine. So I'd have to say that I am where I am now because I stopped trying to fit into the mold and embraced the personal revelations that I believe God has given me. I may be wrong about some things, but I'm open to whatever He may choose to teach me in the future, and my heart is at peace in knowing that He's just fine with how I see things right now.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:41 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
That is an awesome response. believe from what I have read about it Kabbala is the spiritual aspect of Judaism.
yes it is the inner aspect, the inner dimension.
just as a human has an outer revealed aspect (the physical body) and an inner concealed dimension (the non-physical soul) so too does the Torah. it is the inner dimension of the Torah.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
yes it is the inner aspect, the inner dimension.
just as a human has an outer revealed aspect (the physical body) and an inner concealed dimension (the non-physical soul) so too does the Torah. it is the inner dimension of the Torah.
It is the most fascinating aspect of the Torah containing as it does spiritual truths that coincide with what Jesus tried to communicate about God and our relationship to Him. Unfortunately, it takes a great deal of maturity and evolved spiritual understanding to recognize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality