Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 04:16 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I see some of my old threads are still raging over here. LOL

Not sure if the rules are still stringent, but just want to say a big hello to those who were on my side of the fence (atheist) and those who were able rivals and those in between.

Wondering if any Christians who were here back in the mid 2000s - teens have deconverted or if any atheists converted to Christianity.

Where's Raifus? What have you all done with him?
I've converted to Christianity in 2013. I had some atheistic posts on here prior to that. Was transgender, lived as a female to male for three years (2010 to 2013), became converted; got married in 2016, lost my husband unexpectedly at the end of 2018. Still clinging to the Lord Jesus, my only reason for living.

I was going to say I didn't recall your screen name, but actually it does sound familiar. Raifus does too. Welcome back to the forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 10:15 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I see some of my old threads are still raging over here. LOL

Not sure if the rules are still stringent, but just want to say a big hello to those who were on my side of the fence (atheist) and those who were able rivals and those in between.

Wondering if any Christians who were here back in the mid 2000s - teens have deconverted or if any atheists converted to Christianity.

Where's Raifus? What have you all done with him?
I had a look to see about these threads you say are "still raging," and I can't find a one currently going...

Why the hiatus?

Can't really speak for anyone else, but I've seen no evidence of anyone changing their tune in this forum since I've been wasting some time here. For more than a few years now. Me too of course. I'm still an atheist in any case. No change in that status for many decades now.

That status always subject to change, however, if anyone here or anywhere else ever serves up any good reason to be anything else. Always on the look out for that sort of thing, but so far nothing but personal say so about one's own personal beliefs and still no good evidence, facts or proof to justify a belief in a god far as I know.

Not that I wouldn't become an instant believer if God made his presence known to me. Regardless whatever else in the way of evidence, facts or proof there might be out there. God makes his presence known to me, and I'm a believer. Just like that! So far nothing like that either, but I'm signing off from this forum now, and one just never knows what might happen between now and when I pay another visit here again perhaps tomorrow!

Old 12-09-2021, 10:25 AM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I had a look to see about these threads you say are "still raging," and I can't find a one currently going...

Why the hiatus?

Can't really speak for anyone else, but I've seen no evidence of anyone changing their tune in this forum since I've been wasting some time here. For more than a few years now. Me too of course. I'm still an atheist in any case. No change in that status for many decades now.

That status always subject to change, however, if anyone here or anywhere else ever serves up any good reason to be anything else. Always on the look out for that sort of thing, but so far nothing but personal say so about one's own personal beliefs and still no good evidence, facts or proof to justify a belief in a god far as I know.

Not that I wouldn't become an instant believer if God made his presence known to me. Regardless whatever else in the way of evidence, facts or proof there might be out there. God makes his presence known to me, and I'm a believer. Just like that! So far nothing like that either, but I'm signing off from this forum now, and one just never knows what might happen between now and when I pay another visit here again perhaps tomorrow!
I don't think the threads are still "raging", but the topics are.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Seems like most of the Christians around here don't stick around long. This place just isn't friendly to those that believe. It's more of a "let's trash religion" here.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Seems like most of the Christians around here don't stick around long. This place just isn't friendly to those that believe. It's more of a "let's trash religion" here.
I have better things to do than argue about religion with people who aren't going to change. I prefer to live a life that makes others "want what I'm having" and then they ask about it and we can take it from there. My kids are grown and they were my biggest responsibility. I am proud of each of them for different reasons but hey, at least they all "launched successfully" and are deep thinkers, which I really appreciate. I have two strong Christians, one who is spiritual, and an agnostic. They are all across the political spectrum. I'm good with it all.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
This country just isn't friendly to those who don't believe. It's more of a "let's trash atheists" in this country.

Maybe you're living your karmic destiny. You know, do unto others and it happens to you.

Old 12-09-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
This country just isn't friendly to those who don't believe. It's more of a "let's trash atheists" in this country.

Maybe you're living your karmic destiny. You know, do unto others and it happens to you.
lol wow. You're so persecuted. (sarcasm, if you can't tell)

Old 12-09-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
lol wow. You're so persecuted. (sarcasm, if you can't tell)
Isn't that funny. I simply took your sentences and substituted the word 'atheist' for 'christian', but my post is supposedly reeking with being persecuted. Is there some kind of requirement in the Baptist church that Baptists shouldn't think?

Old 12-09-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Isn't that funny. I simply took your sentences and substituted the word 'atheist' for 'christian', but my post is supposedly reeking with being persecuted. Is there some kind of requirement in the Baptist church that Baptists shouldn't think?
Difference is you said "country". I referred to a forum. And I stand by my statement. On this forum, Christians are targeted and harassed. As a result, most don't stick around long.

On the other hand, you referred to supposed atheist persecution in the entire country. And the fact that you can openly attack Christians here proves that's a farce.

Old 12-09-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Difference is you said "country". I referred to a forum. And I stand by my statement. On this forum, Christians are targeted and harassed. As a result, most don't stick around long.

On the other hand, you referred to supposed atheist persecution in the entire country. And the fact that you can openly attack Christians here proves that's a farce.
This sentence said NOTHING about "persecution": "This country just isn't friendly to those who don't believe. It's more of a "let's trash atheists" in this country." But, if you want to bump it up to persecution, fine.

Would you like to do down a path where we talk about persecution BY christians? I'll be happy to do so, but I doubt you'll enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality