Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2022, 02:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That seems like a terribly bigoted, stereotypical statement. Nevermind that the Trinity is what the apostles actually taught, and what God revealed himself to be.

You think we have "closed the Kingdom of God"? Really? It's not my church that has inspired support groups to help those that have been kicked out.

The unrepentent get disfellowshipped. Then point the finger at everyone else but self. The whole congregations hearts hurt when that occurs. Here are Gods rules.

Titus 1:13--Reprove with severity. 1Corinthians 5:9-13-- quit mixing in company of fornicators,( not the fornicators, greedy, extortioners idoloters of the world) with anyone called brother( baptized) drunkard--do not even eat with such a man. remove the wicked man( unrepentent get disfellowshipped) from amongst yourselves. 1Cor 6: 9-11 is a bigger list, and Gal 5:19-21--Paul mentions spiritism-The greek word= Farmacia, so drug addiction.
Jesus teaches that members of ones own household could be their enemies. Matt 10:36

Hebrews12:11 could be the result of disciplined ones. Not everytime though.

Gods rules. Are you saying then God is in error?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 03:45 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I never said that, I said he threatened. Stick to facts.
I asked you for a reputable news service reference to that...which you failed to provide.

Old 01-01-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I said no man can judge anothers true heart--Paedophiles who infiltrate every religion is proof of that. Some of them were even clergy. Did a single mortal know they were like that in their heart? No. Not one knows he is like that until an incident occurs. Yet he can seem very loving and nice to gain trust. They say most serial killers seemed like they were very nice. No mortal can read the true heart. They have no right telling another you are saved. They do not know.
You seem to feel as if you and your crew have the right to tell people all about them being saved or not saved. Special rules for you folks?

Old 01-01-2022, 04:07 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
I said no man can judge anothers true heart--Paedophiles who infiltrate every religion is proof of that. Some of them were even clergy.
Indeed, every religion.
https://www.theatlantic.com/family/a...esters/584311/

Old 01-01-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You seem to feel as if you and your crew have the right to tell people all about them being saved or not saved. Special rules for you folks?

Let me clear up your confusion. The ones taking the lead do not tell any one they are saved. Anyone can fall. Many have.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I asked you for a reputable news service reference to that...which you failed to provide.

You can easily google it yourself. He said if Nato allows Ukraine to join. He will reduce us to ash.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:42 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
The unrepentent get disfellowshipped. Then point the finger at everyone else but self. The whole congregations hearts hurt when that occurs. Here are Gods rules.

Titus 1:13--Reprove with severity. 1Corinthians 5:9-13-- quit mixing in company of fornicators,( not the fornicators, greedy, extortioners idoloters of the world) with anyone called brother( baptized) drunkard--do not even eat with such a man. remove the wicked man( unrepentent get disfellowshipped) from amongst yourselves. 1Cor 6: 9-11 is a bigger list, and Gal 5:19-21--Paul mentions spiritism-The greek word= Farmacia, so drug addiction.
Jesus teaches that members of ones own household could be their enemies. Matt 10:36

I'm saying that the reasons for calling someone "unrepentant" are not always Biblical. And good people get hurt for stupid reasons.

Old 01-01-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
You can easily google it yourself. He said if Nato allows Ukraine to join. He will reduce us to ash.
No, actually it was a Russian journalist who pointed out that "Russia is the only country in the world that is realistically capable of turning the United States into radioactive ash". The journalists name is Dmitry Kiselyov.

When you play loose with your facts, it taints all of your religious posts, as well.

Old 01-01-2022, 05:50 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

I realize that the Pharisees felt that way prior to Jesus and they even criticized Him for associating with them. Why would Jesus have changed His mind and somehow agreed with them after His death??? Can you explain to me why you believe He did? Why does it make sense to you to isolate those who most need the good influence of associating with the righteous????

Old 01-01-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I realize that the Pharisees felt that way prior to Jesus and they even criticized Him for associating with them. Why would Jesus have changed His mind and somehow agreed with them after His death??? Can you explain to me why you believe He did? Why does it make sense to you to isolate those who most need the good influence of associating with the righteous????

When one is baptized( public decleration to serve God all his days) they become a brother in Christ or sister. If they start practicing a sin and are unrepentent and wont stop-these get disfellowshipped. Jesus came to help the sick, but once one makes that dedication, it is Gods rules if they are unrepentent. Yes it is Harsh, but some learn from it, others just keep serving self and point the finger every where else but where it belongs at their self. Its not the congregations fault, its their fault. They know the rules before they get baptized.
They would never learn if things continued as they were. One must put God first before even family. God is the only one promising everlasting life, a family member cannot. And if Jesus says they are your enemy, they are his enemy and Gods enemy as well. They can however become repentent and be reinstated. Its all on them then to turn around. What good would they be if they chose staying to sin, They are choosing that over their own family.
God says to remove them. He doesnt want one he considers wicked in his place of pure worship.(they are allowed to attend meetings if they are trying torepent but none can speak to them, except elders) eventually they will be reinstated.
Sin doers originate with the devil- 1John 3:8-10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality