Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 10:52 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This just confirms my suspicions that those who dismiss pantheism or panentheism simply are too intellectually lazy to consider it rigorously. Sadly any REAL learning and assessment of Truth (which you claim to seek) require the very type of rigorous analysis you and your cohort seem to find too tedious!
More ad hominem to hide the fact you have nothing intellectual to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 10:57 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
This just confirms my suspicions that those who dismiss pantheism or panentheism simply are too intellectually lazy to consider it rigorously. Sadly any REAL learning and assessment of Truth (which you claim to seek) require the very type of rigorous analysis you and your cohort seem to find too tedious!
Not surprised you might think so given what you confirmed long ago with regard to your perspective about all this, but when it comes to learning, to be selective about time and subject is not intellectually lazy. Given all there is to learn and consider about such things, and so little time generally speaking, I felt I devoted more than enough time to this read than is intellectually justified. Just like so many of the comments posted in this forum. Long or short. Some are worth the time and consideration. Others are simply not.

As for tedious, you should please note those were the author's self-description. My opinion too.

I just call 'em the way I see 'em.

Yours as always

Old 02-25-2022, 11:03 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not surprised you might think so given what you confirmed long ago with regard to your perspective about all this, but when it comes to learning, to be selective about time and subject is not intellectually lazy. Given all there is to learn and consider about such things, and so little time generally speaking, I felt I devoted more than enough time to this read than is intellectually justified. Just like so many of the comments posted in this forum. Long or short. Some are worth the time and consideration. Others are simply not.

As for tedious, you should please note those were the author's self-description. My opinion too.

I just call 'em the way I see 'em.

Yours as always
You will never acquire the Truth you seek with that attitude toward rigorous analysis, but you will (like the religious) develop a "satisficing perspective" that placates your curiosity and satisfies your ego needs as a rational intellect. It is its own form of bliss equivalent to that provided by ignorance.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
You will never acquire the Truth you seek with that attitude toward rigorous analysis, but you will (like the religious) develop a "satisficing perspective" that placates your curiosity and satisfies your ego needs as a rational intellect. It is its own form of bliss equivalent to that provided by ignorance.
Yes of course, and also of course I would say it is you who has not done the necessary "analysis," rigorous or your very own special kind, because lots you tend to explain doesn't pass muster with a good many others besides me. Lots that suggests more analysis is needed on your part in any case.

As one who continues to toss all these insults along the way too, regarding ego and intellect, ignorance and laziness, I'd say your "analysis" involves far too much emotion. Seems you are the one with the ego problem. Not me, but let's not get back to this kind of predictable exchange.

I'm quite content to go my way while you go yours...

Old 02-26-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Your post...indicative of your lack of understanding...that's God too.
You need to get hip to that.
Your need to get hip to that...that's God too.
It's ALL One Thing...and it's God.
And not a god. Remember, you have proven atheism is both true and false (and that libraries think). You need to get hip to that.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes of course, and also of course I would say it is you who has not done the necessary "analysis," rigorous or your very own special kind, because lots you tend to explain doesn't pass muster with a good many others besides me. Lots that suggests more analysis is needed on your part in any case.
Yes, it is strange Mystic has not talked about what is in the paper, and seems to be ignoring my post where I showed some of the flaws in it.

It appears he is too lazy to read it, and would rather just pretend.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Yes, it is strange Mystic has not talked about what is in the paper, and seems to be ignoring my post where I showed some of the flaws in it.

It appears he is too lazy to read it, and would rather just pretend.
I'm "too lazy" to pay attention to much Mystic goes on about...

In part because I'm no longer learning anything new about anything Mystic has to explain. My shortcomings and deficiencies included. Here too we see how "perspective is everything." One man's lazy is another man's prudence. AKA good judgement and better use of time. Though I do falter along these lines more often than I would like.

Sometimes it's hard not to scratch an itch...

Old 02-26-2022, 10:44 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
And not a god. Remember, you have proven atheism is both true and false (and that libraries think). You need to get hip to that.
As usual...you restate that which is indicative of your ignorance and lack of understanding.
But...my Geppetto Pavlov persona thanks you. Thasa Guboy Harry!

Old 02-26-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
As usual...you restate that which is indicative of your ignorance and lack of understanding.
But...my Geppetto Pavlov persona thanks you. Thasa Guboy Harry!
Ha, you still fail to understand the flaws in your arguments. Your Dueling Banjos Patois suggests why, but I do hate to generalize.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:55 AM

I just posted a comment in another thread about wanting to learn new things...

Sadly, I think this forum hasn't delivered much along those lines for awhile. Today all the less so. No doubt past time for me to sign off now and get onto better things.

Here's to tomorrow and a good weekend to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality