Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 09:59 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Who is Stephen addressing? Newsflash Stephen - there is only a single Divinity, that is partless, that pervades everything, and is in everything, and is all that is. Like it or not, Steve, it is within you as well. You have just have no awakened to it yet. Instead you keep chattering on about gods. Focus. A single One Divinity that is eternal, transcendental, fullness, at peace.
Of course no matter who Stephen or you may be addressing, we all know not everyone believes what you believe...

Lots and lots of people. For lots of good reasons I might add, having nothing to do with lack of awareness or being awakened. Quite the opposite some would argue of course, but what you believe is more the current pattern of belief. Once upon a time there were far more people who believed in more than one deity. A good many more, and this I think you know as well. So, I guess the truth of these matters really boils down to time, place and who you ask.

Right?

None of this awareness should be anything anyone can't recognize as truth as well, but of course I know how people are about their god or gods, so also no doubt the many various iterations of god-beliefs will continue. Probably forever. We all know this too. I certainly do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We've all seen the many iterations of god in Hinduism. Which is the god of the day? Nandi, perhaps?
Indeed. Just how many examples of iterations do we all know about? Too many for any of us to list I think. All just as true as the next also of course...

Old 07-07-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It's nice to see at least the ugly on this thread didn't come from atheist. ::Golf clap to the poster representing Hindus and second place to: ALLGODAH.
Ugly is a very subjective matter...

What you and others like me see as ugly, some people see the same thing as beautiful and admirable. Crazy how that works. No different than the mother pushing the ugliest baby in the world along in her stroller. Might be "ugly as sin" for others, but to her that baby is the most beautiful thing that ever graced this green earth.

I've often said "the truth matters," but I have to admit there are lots of times when it doesn't...

Old 07-07-2022, 12:47 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Ugly is a very subjective matter...

What you and others like me see as ugly, some people see the same thing as beautiful and admirable. Crazy how that works. No different than the mother pushing the ugliest baby in the world along in her stroller. Might be "ugly as sin" for others, but to her that baby is the most beautiful thing that ever graced this green earth.

I've often said "the truth matters," but I have to admit there are lots of times when it doesn't...
I detect a smidgen of understanding edging its way into your thinking, LearnMe. God truly works in mysterious ways!

Old 07-08-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I detect a smidgen of understanding edging its way into your thinking, LearnMe. God truly works in mysterious ways!
I detect a smidgen of more air of superiority forever edging its way from your thinking, Mystic. Nothing too mysterious going on here either way I don't think. I've long been highlighting the effects of such bias that all of us contend with one way or another. Our own and that of others, to one extent or another.

Old 07-08-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Ishvara is the protector of all beings. He is often depicted in a forest, with dogs, children and his consort Uma, with garlands of fragrant flowers, dressed in a tiger skin, a serpent encircling his chest. He wears the sun and the moon in his copper colored hair, and has beautiful smile. Nandi the bull is his vehicle, and it symbolizes Truth and Dharma, with his feet firmly planted on the ground, strong and confident, and so beautiful.
Glad you asked. I pray to Shiva every day and i had the opportunity to envision him.
I just saw what happened to your "The Allure of Religion and Spirituality to Atheists" thread...

I read your OP, and thought "The Double Down Queen" strikes again! Talk about not letting something go!

Then the few immediate comments before the thread was closed says it all. Most certainly including the last one.

What a thing to witness. Truly special!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality