Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 09:45 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
NothSouth is a recovering fundamentalist. She has had several screen names but her most fundamentalist one was DOTL (Day of the Lord)! I view her current efforts in that context. She is engaging in a sort of self-immolation of her prior Self by the mocking and ridicule, IMO!.
Wow what has happened to you Mystic? I thought we were friends. My bad I guess. You really believe you have all of the answers and that the rest of us are weaklings and inferior to your supreme knowledge. What a backstabber, I've never "outed" you or talked about you to others while you were still in the room. You're right, let's just lay it all on the table.

Mystic used to live under a bridge too and it looks as though he's still residing there. If y'all haven't figured out what I mean by that by now then you need to ask someone. I'm not a recovering anything, let's get that straight right now. I allowed myself to let go of something that was toxic and had me paranoid and living in fear. Sounds like a good choice to me.

I've already told this before but apparently due to recent events I must explain this crap once again. I joined C-D in 2006....now a smart person who wants to search through my threads for dirt would be able to figure out that the sign up dates are two years apart with Ilene and Northsouth. There's a reason for that, I became destitute in 2007 and I had to cancel my internet.

During that time I lost my password, so I created another account in 2008. When I found the old password, I went right back to using my Northsouth moniker. (I did have a little fun first, though) That's all that I have ever been....Northsouth. From the beginning, in 2006. Mystic thinks he knows me but I know him better than he will ever know me. He bases his superiority on nothing but a "personal experience during a séance or ritual or something. Or it could have been medication...I mean meditation.

To say I'm hurt and disappointed would be a lie. I'm devastated to know that's all you think of me, which isn't much apparently.

Let's not forget this either, because I haven't. It's from 2019. I let it slide that time.

Not everyone who calls on the Lord will enter the Kingdom, but all who call on the Lord will be saved
Views: 104,083
Posted By Finn_Jarber

You outed me in the above thread also. Except your information is wrong. I'm too tired to search for the exact post but it's in that thread. Please get your facts straight before you go telling lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
Members of certain racial groups tend to have the luxury of time and disposable income to devote to critiquing other races, religions, etc.
I suppose? Like I said, I'm sort of baffled by that response.

Old 07-18-2022, 06:22 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
When God got my attention I went among the religious folks for a brief time, I saw the whole production. I looked to God for answers, and for a time pointed out what they were doing, and then I really saw what was behind their facade. I suffered and then discovered that wasn't my fight.

Even beyond that I discovered the changes they made at the core of their indoctrination and teachings. I hope there comes a day when those trapped under their influence see past all those religious leaders. As they exalt themselves and place themselves between God and the people and try to keep them under their spell and lie.
Northsouth,

Read this post that I wrote on page 1 of this thread. I do understand what many people who are now Atheist's went through. I do know what commercialized religion has become and what it does to control people and place people under them. And I walked away looking to God past them, because I saw the complete misrepresentation.

Many Atheists here try to project their former experience and apply it to me. And it doesn't apply to me. I am glad to be free of all that and not have to carry all that bad stuff around. I hang around with all kinds of people and enjoy them and love them. I don't preach anything to the people around me, I listen and help when I can, and not in any condemning way.

The responses I gave you in this thread are no different than how I would respond to the boxed in and religiously indoctrinated people. People can try to pigeon hole me and box me in all they want. I just look past them to the One True God and the Life He shares. To know Life, freedom and the truth of the matter.

I come here and write and share what I know, as it is the only place I have right now to do that. I like it because hopefully what I share will remain for others to read and hopefully help them in a time when it makes perfect sense for them. And hearing and knowing the One True God and the Life He shares means you don't have to have others tell you about him, even me for that matter, because it is my pleasure to step aside, and see that enjoyment in others.

Old 07-18-2022, 09:33 AM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Wow what has happened to you Mystic? I thought we were friends. My bad I guess. You really believe you have all of the answers and that the rest of us are weaklings and inferior to your supreme knowledge. What a backstabber, I've never "outed" you or talked about you to others while you were still in the room. You're right, let's just lay it all on the table.

Mystic used to live under a bridge too and it looks as though he's still residing there. If y'all haven't figured out what I mean by that by now then you need to ask someone. I'm not a recovering anything, let's get that straight right now. I allowed myself to let go of something that was toxic and had me paranoid and living in fear. Sounds like a good choice to me.

I've already told this before but apparently due to recent events I must explain this crap once again. I joined C-D in 2006....now a smart person who wants to search through my threads for dirt would be able to figure out that the sign up dates are two years apart with Ilene and Northsouth. There's a reason for that, I became destitute in 2007 and I had to cancel my internet.

During that time I lost my password, so I created another account in 2008. When I found the old password, I went right back to using my Northsouth moniker. (I did have a little fun first, though) That's all that I have ever been....Northsouth. From the beginning, in 2006. Mystic thinks he knows me but I know him better than he will ever know me. He bases his superiority on nothing but a "personal experience during a séance or ritual or something. Or it could have been medication...I mean meditation.

To say I'm hurt and disappointed would be a lie. I'm devastated to know that's all you think of me, which isn't much apparently.

Let's not forget this either, because I haven't. It's from 2019. I let it slide that time.

Not everyone who calls on the Lord will enter the Kingdom, but all who call on the Lord will be saved
Views: 104,083
Posted By Finn_Jarber

You outed me in the above thread also. Except your information is wrong. I'm too tired to search for the exact post but it's in that thread. Please get your facts straight before you go telling lies.
Wow! My communication issues are legion! I was defending you from Gldn's attack! Sorry you consider it an "outing" of you. If you are NOT Ilene who was DOTL forgive me. I have nothing but affection and love for you and am glad you escaped fundamentalism.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Northsouth,

Read this post that I wrote on page 1 of this thread. I do understand what many people who are now Atheist's went through. I do know what commercialized religion has become and what it does to control people and place people under them. And I walked away looking to God past them, because I saw the complete misrepresentation.

Many Atheists here try to project their former experience and apply it to me. And it doesn't apply to me. I am glad to be free of all that and not have to carry all that bad stuff around. I hang around with all kinds of people and enjoy them and love them. I don't preach anything to the people around me, I listen and help when I can, and not in any condemning way.

The responses I gave you in this thread are no different than how I would respond to the boxed in and religiously indoctrinated people. People can try to pigeon hole me and box me in all they want. I just look past them to the One True God and the Life He shares. To know Life, freedom and the truth of the matter.

I come here and write and share what I know, as it is the only place I have right now to do that. I like it because hopefully what I share will remain for others to read and hopefully help them in a time when it makes perfect sense for them. And hearing and knowing the One True God and the Life He shares means you don't have to have others tell you about him, even me for that matter, because it is my pleasure to step aside, and see that enjoyment in others.

Very well written Chief, I'm impressed. Your other posts were, well, out there. I do not have a problem with religious freedoms and beliefs. The problem is the total arrogance of some of the religious, the many atrocities and wars fought and lives lost over something that none of us have the answers to. Not even you, my friend.

We all can surmise and assume, read a 2000 year old book that has no relevance for today and that contradicts itself over and over again, leaving all Christians to try and decipher/interpret in their own way. Christianity is like thousands of different interpretations and sects, causing confusion, hatred and delusional thoughts that the only way is your way. Not you, just Christians in general.

You sound as though you have humbled yourself because your comments about being the lowest of the low, scum, not deserving of anything but god's grace is straight from the bible. We need more humbleness and less of the in-your-face proselytizing. But denigrating yourself is not helping. Tearing yourself down and being humble are two different things, though.

Thanks for sharing, I think you know I am being sarcastic and just having fun, don't take things so seriously. The things you've posted up until this post have been, well, rehearsed and not addressing anything that I said. Quoting the bible or insults don't work for me. I think that Goldie hurled the most insults though, even suggesting I wasn't smart. I fear it may be the other way around.

Please change your username, it depresses me.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
NothSouth is a recovering fundamentalist. She has had several screen names but her most fundamentalist one was DOTL (Day of the Lord)! I view her current efforts in that context. She is engaging in a sort of self-immolation of her prior Self by the mocking and ridicule, IMO!.
Quote:
Wow! My communication issues are legion! I was defending you from Gldn's attack! Sorry you consider it an "outing" of you. If you are NOT Ilene who was DOTL forgive me. I have nothing but affection and love for you and am glad you escaped fundamentalism.
Seriously? How in the world do you view this as defending me? You did nothing but belittle me and make it seem like I have some sort of issues because I'm having some fun. Yeah, way to go Mystic. You need to read my post again I never said I wasn't Ilene, I said the dates of sign up are different because I lost my password for two years! You're right, your communication skills and putting thought into what you say before saying it on a public message board.....suck.

Last time I checked being sarcastic and funny aren't crimes. Some people are just too damn serious about their stupid religions. Lighten up! If there's a god then he has a wicked sense of humor....you ever seen a zebra or a platypus? Anteater? Star-nosed mole? Proboscis monkey? They look like Karl Malden So no need to be so serious all the time. I know your "religion" is different because you are a "Mystic" but you could use some lightening up too.

If I had wanted everyone to know all about me and my posting history, I would have posted it. It was nowhere near your place to put that all out there. I don't need your version of "defending".

Old 07-18-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Seriously? How in the world do you view this as defending me? You did nothing but belittle me and make it seem like I have some sort of issues because I'm having some fun. Yeah, way to go Mystic. You need to read my post again I never said I wasn't Ilene, I said the dates of sign up are different because I lost my password for two years! You're right, your communication skills and putting thought into what you say before saying it on a public message board.....suck.

Last time I checked being sarcastic and funny aren't crimes. Some people are just too damn serious about their stupid religions. Lighten up! If there's a god then he has a wicked sense of humor....you ever seen a zebra or a platypus? Anteater? Star-nosed mole? Proboscis monkey? They look like Karl Malden So no need to be so serious all the time. I know your "religion" is different because you are a "Mystic" but you could use some lightening up too.

If I had wanted everyone to know all about me and my posting history, I would have posted it. It was nowhere near your place to put that all out there. I don't need your version of "defending".

Old 07-18-2022, 03:34 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:

As I look at it (and Mystic helped me find God), he was explaining to me what was up...speaking in your favor.
That's why I answered him "That figures"...as he and I have a different view of Fundamentalism. I'm cool with any kind of Faith and/or Beliefs.
Though I do notice it is typical that those that are Fundamental Mainstream Religious, and then go Atheist...usually keep the Fundy vibe, just the other side of the coin.
Even more so...they are the Atheist version of that Westboro Crew...and roll with a Fred Phelps kinda style.

Old 07-20-2022, 05:24 PM

I may have overreacted Mystic, but dang! I still don't see the defending part but ok.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I may have overreacted Mystic, but dang! I still don't see the defending part but ok.
NP. I was explaining to Gldn that I see no malice in your posts, just abreaction to your own former views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality