Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2022, 09:24 PM

4,085 posts, read 880,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Your post brings up a very salient feature of Christianity: the doctrine of justification by faith alone.

And I want the lurkers to read and understand the bold very carefully:

Why is Christianity rooted in believing without proof?

Because as I have demonstrated:

Christianity has NO proof to offer that their avatar man-god Jesus is real--any more than Greeks have proof to offer that their Zeus, Dionysus Heracles et al are real.

What do you do with a deficiency as gaping as NO PROOF?

You turn that deficiency into an asset, of course.

You make believing without seeing a virtue. You make believing without a nickel's worth of evidence for your god a plus, not a minus.

That's the whole genesis of the doctrine of faith--believing without seeing. Churchmen hammer into your consciousness:

God is pleased when you believe in Jesus without asking for evidence he was real.

God is angered when you ask for evidence for Jesus, even though for anything else outside of Christianity you'd never fail to ask for proof something you are buying is legitimate.

And people fall for this con like dominoes in a 10,000 mile-long chain--how, I have no idea.

God gives personal proof to those He chooses to give proof.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:33 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Jesus says you can find out for yourself if what he says is true. You won't be able to find out in any other way.

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

So all your researching to try to prove to me that Jesus never existed is coming from someone who has no experience in the matter.

Quote:
This site deletes my innocent posts and lets that member say the most derogatory things about Jesus and other Christians. Something isn't right about that, but God sees all things.

I've read several of your posts over on the Christian forum, Truth. There's nothing innocent about them. You are one Moderator cut: insult removedwho I cannot possibly reach with what I have to say so peace to you. Good luck.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-27-2022 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Insult removed

Old 12-26-2022, 09:49 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,098 times
Quote:
Your post brings up a very salient feature of Christianity: the doctrine of justification by faith alone.

And I want the lurkers to read and understand the bold very carefully:

Why is Christianity rooted in believing without proof?

Because as I have demonstrated:

Christianity has NO proof to offer that their avatar man-god Jesus is real--any more than Greeks have proof to offer that their Zeus, Dionysus Heracles et al are real.

What do you do with a deficiency as gaping as NO PROOF?

You turn that deficiency into an asset, of course.

You make believing without seeing a virtue. You make believing without a nickel's worth of evidence for your god a plus, not a minus.

That's the whole genesis of the doctrine of faith--believing without seeing. Churchmen hammer into your consciousness:

God is pleased when you believe in Jesus without asking for evidence he was real.

God is angered when you ask for evidence for Jesus, even though for anything else outside of Christianity you'd never fail to ask for proof something you are buying is legitimate.

And people fall for this con like dominoes in a 10,000 mile-long chain--how, I have no idea.

The whole "faith alone" philosophy isn't a "salient feature of Christianity." SOME Christians believe this. Others don't. And with over 30,000 denominations of Christianity -- some believe that, but MOST others don't -- you can't say that "Christians" believe that.

And whether you like it or not, Catholics are Christians, too...and WE don't believe in this whole "faith alone" thing.

Old 12-26-2022, 09:53 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
So making remarks about Mary being an "intersex" is okay here?
So you gonna smite them?

Old 12-26-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I've read several of your posts over on the Christian forum, Truth. There's nothing innocent about them. You are one of those rabid Christian fanatics who I cannot possibly reach with what I have to say so peace to you. Good luck.
I knew you were afraid. So much for your "brave" talk.

Old 12-26-2022, 10:22 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I appreciate the sentiments.

I can usually tell when I have struck a nerve. The Christian usually responds with:

"Enjoy talking to yourself. Nobody is listening."

The feeling I get is that the Christian is gritting their teeth and smoking under their collar that they cannot retort with anything more substantive than "Enjoy your own company".

Well, look Tzap, I can appreciate the position Christians are in. Remember I was a Christian once myself and atheists were taunting me with "Show us proof Jesus is real" and I couldn't do it and that just chapped my hide too.

If you're happy with your beliefs that is all that matters. You've heard both sides at least. That's all I care about.
You know that Tzaphkiel is Jewish, don't you?

Old 12-26-2022, 11:35 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
I sure don't hear the Jesus-attitude in your posts. Or was Jesus' love for people a myth, or not?

Old 12-27-2022, 12:06 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
God gives personal proof to those He chooses to give proof.
That would make your god immoral.

Quote:
That does not follow.

Old 12-27-2022, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I sure don't hear the Jesus-attitude in your posts. Or was Jesus' love for people a myth, or not?
You really think I find you qualified to judge me?

Old 12-27-2022, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
That would make your god immoral.

That does not follow.
And look at this one, you think you are qualified to judge God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality