Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:27 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times

Advertisements

Quit bitching. The world is perfect thanks to God.
The one truth that we can glean from looking about is that things are perfect.
f you believe in God then it is logical to believe in the perfection of His works. If not then you must believe in a God that has created imperfection. This of course is not allowed in the description of God.
if there is a God then things MUST be perfect or God has screwed up and this is of course not allowed for God. I know that many see imperfection in the facts of the evil that we also see. Remember that these things must be and are part of Go0d’s perfect systems.
God id not a newborn God. He does not goof up perfection and would not allow imperfection to mare His perfect continence.
Make the effort to recognize the perfection of God’s systems. If you see it then you know God. If you do not see it then you have a ways to search.
Let me know how it is where you are.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 03:52 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
Sorry GIA but i reject the notion of perfection. Perfect is not an absolute, it varies from people to people and over time. God doesn't have to be perfect(in my book can't) and most certainly we don't know enough about god to speak so authoritatively about what she would or wouldn't do.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
And I reject the notion of perfection and of god.
Nature does a pretty decent job on its own.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,262,871 times
You should read Candide by Voltaire. The story shows what happens when you believe this is the best of of all possible worlds.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Sorry GIA but i reject the notion of perfection. Perfect is not an absolute, it varies from people to people and over time. God doesn't have to be perfect(in my book can't) and most certainly we don't know enough about god to speak so authoritatively about what she would or wouldn't do.
I agree.

[SIZE=2]Perfection, like us and like God, grows by the moment.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]As we join with heaven and the Godhead, we add to the whole and improve the perfection.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If I thought otherwise I would be more like an atheist who dies to nothing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Knowing that a Godhead really exists make this life easier. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Knowing that perfection must be one of God’s attributes, it naturally follows that what He creates is also perfect. Scripture calls it perfect works.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You and I are works with God given souls and natures that are naturally perfect. God would have it no other way.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]No oops, an imperfect one.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Regards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]DL[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 06-20-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And I reject the notion of perfection and of god.
Nature does a pretty decent job on its own.
Your political side is astute. Now to the spiritual to awaken.

Regards
DL

Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
You should read Candide by Voltaire. The story shows what happens when you believe this is the best of of all possible worlds.
Remember that the evil you see is a gift from God.

Without it you could not ground your morals.

Would you vote to lose your morals.

Regards
DL

Old 06-20-2008, 09:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Neither nature not god is perfect. Nature - like god if you so believe in him - is cruel, feckle and arbitrary. While there is perfection in a rose, there is monstrosity in a tumor. Nature and god colluded in the making of both.

Take nothing for granted, for nothing is guaranteed.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,109,240 times
God did make everything perfect... in the beginning.
People ruined it and have continued to make it worse to this day.
But, Jesus is coming to make it perfect again.
The End.
(I just love that story!)

Old 06-21-2008, 05:16 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
The world is not perfect. If it was there wouldn't be people being killed by tornadoes, earthquakes wiping entire towns off the map, typhoons killing thousands and displacing thousands more, volcanoes blasting lava over everything around them, etc. The list goes on. For goodness sake, there are even trivial things such as beetles than get stuck on their backs if they get flipped over or albinos who are born with severely impaired vision. These don't look like the works of a very intelligent designer. They are definately not perfect.

If the existence of God is to be verified by the supposed 'perfection' of the world then things aren't looking great for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality