Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:19 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times

Advertisements

If the bible is true...for the sake of discussion...then why is Satan censored? If he was truly evil, why would God have put him in charge of the earth?
If God wanted to destroy evil on earth with the Flood, then why allow Satan to go around and wreak havoc?
If Satan and one third of heavenly angels were booted from heaven, that's a big number. Maybe Paradise wasn't so wonderful? Surely Satan would have known in advance whether he could have truly unseated God or not.
How come Satan is censored, if he is not to be feared, and Jesus supposed has been victorious over him?
We have never heard Satan's side of the story and why he rebelled and 1/3 of the angels thought he was right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by nebulous1
Quote:
If the bible is true...for the sake of discussion...then why is Satan censored?
Because the Bible is 100% propaganda.
In a war the 1st victim is always the truth.
So in wartime you never give the enemy an opportunity to speak.
Heaven forbid people might actually develop sympathy for the enemy.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Okay, who has been talking to satan?

Tricky, would that be the Stone's tune Sympathy for the Devil?

Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by nebulous1
Quote:
We have never heard Satan's side of the story and why he rebelled and 1/3 of the angels thought he was right.
If angels would realy exist I'd say that the movie The Prophecy would be very plausible.
I mean we humans are inclined to believe that monkeys are simple animals even when we share 90+% of their DNA, so it would only be logical that the angels would view us humans as hairless monkeys; what monkeys are to us, we humans are to angels.
From the angels perspective it would be considered a bestiality if an angel would ever breed with a human.
It also is a mystery to me why God prefers humans over angels.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:32 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by nebulous1 If angels would realy exist I'd say that the movie The Prophecy would be very plausible.
I mean we humans are inclined to believe that monkeys are simple animals even when we share 90+% of their DNA, so it would only be logical that the angels would view us humans as hairless monkeys; what monkeys are to us, we humans are to angels.
From the angels perspective it would be considered a bestiality if an angel would ever breed with a human.
It also is a mystery to me why God prefers humans over angels.
From a Biblical stand point angels are meant to protect man, almost like armour if you will. According to the bible man was made in the image of God, angel weren't. If you read the Bible you will learn that angels did breed with humans, in turn you get a iincredibly large being- hence Goliath.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by noid_1985
Quote:
If you read the Bible you will learn that angels did breed with humans, in turn you get a iincredibly large being- hence Goliath.
I've read the Bible.
I just don't believe that it is historically true, so I don't take it literally.

Quote:
From a Biblical stand point angels are meant to protect man, almost like armour if you will.
If man can't protect himself he simply is unfit for survival.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:47 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,397,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by noid_1985 I've read the Bible.
I just don't believe that it is historically true, so I don't take it literally.

If man can't protect himself he simply is unfit for survival.
Sounds like Darwinism....Just wondering how would one exactly read the Bible? From front to back or hop around from book to book....Do you read it once and that's it or do you continue studying it like one would study a painting by Picasso

Old 07-02-2008, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by noid_1985
Quote:
Do you read it once and that's it or do you continue studying it like one would study a painting by Picasso
I read the Bible in the exact same way I evaluate art.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Sounds like Darwinism....Just wondering how would one exactly read the Bible? From front to back or hop around from book to book....Do you read it once and that's it or do you continue studying it like one would study a painting by Picasso
I read (past tense) it front to back - verse to verse.
Only once and I was young. But there was a lot of Bible study and such - so certain parts were read and studied numerous times, I guess.
If I was still a Christian, I would probably go back to it and "hop around", viewing it more like a Dali than a Picasso. Since I am not, I don't find it very interesting - or at all inspiring.
I don't remember the part about angels breeding with men but, as I said, I don't have the curiosity to go and try to find it.
Also, I think most of the questions about Satan in the OP are answered in the Bible. The answers don't matter much, though when you don't believe that the Bible is literal truth.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
If the bible is true...for the sake of discussion...then why is Satan censored? If he was truly evil, why would God have put him in charge of the earth?
If God wanted to destroy evil on earth with the Flood, then why allow Satan to go around and wreak havoc?
If Satan and one third of heavenly angels were booted from heaven, that's a big number. Maybe Paradise wasn't so wonderful? Surely Satan would have known in advance whether he could have truly unseated God or not.
How come Satan is censored, if he is not to be feared, and Jesus supposed has been victorious over him?
He is not, he is all throughout the Bible in his actions and his position is clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality