Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 04:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,637,176 times

Advertisements

Of course you all know I don't even believe in satan but for those who do have you ever considered the fact that you're only hearing one side of the story? It would be like going to a trial and hearing the prosecution present their case but the defense isn't even in the courtroom and doesn't provide any evidence or testimony at all.
There are so many things about satan that just don't make any sense at all. If satan really exists why didn't he have his own followers write a book that was intended to refute the Bible and present a defense for the actions that he has been accused of? Couldn't satan put forth the argument that his actions in the tempting of Adam and Eve which caused the downfall of mankind was actually a kind of sting operation in which God knew what was going to happen and set events into motion anyway and satan was merely a tool for God to use?
Ok, here's my theory. If satan was an actual living entity with certain powers and was on a somewhat even playing field against God in their struggle to gain the most human souls then satan would surely be able to present those facts to the human race by means of a book similar to the Bible or at least by some other means. The reason he doesn't do this is because he doesn't exist. Satan is a necessary character in the Bible because there has to be some explanation for good and evil, sin and forgiveness, and all of the other events that the Bible describes. Of course from my perspective God is also a fictional character and the only reason we're hearing one side of the story is because the purpose of religion is to motivate human beings to behave in a controlled and predictable manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 04:45 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,178,490 times
Sometimes i wonder if Satan and God are all the same.... You know, it can't be Good all the time, you have to create Bad to confirm your goodness, so they can battle and of course, Good will always win.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:49 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
the greatest accomplishment of satan in this age was to have made people believe he does not exist. you do hear satans testimony friend, everytime we hear the cops are evil and the gangbangers are just misunderstood good guys.
every time a bad guy gets his butt kicked an angel gets his wings. merry christmas.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,584,481 times
Happy Holidays Huckleberry.

Anyways, yeah. I wonder that too. Poor Satan!

Old 12-21-2008, 06:36 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,076,121 times
Because he isn't the one that can write the ending?

Old 12-21-2008, 06:56 PM

783 posts, read 1,327,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Of course you all know I don't even believe in satan but for those who do have you ever considered the fact that you're only hearing one side of the story? It would be like going to a trial and hearing the prosecution present their case but the defense isn't even in the courtroom and doesn't provide any evidence or testimony at all.
Are you suggesting that Satan’s story is not recorded in the Scriptures?

Quote:
If satan really exists why didn't he have his own followers write a book that was intended to refute the Bible and present a defense for the actions that he has been accused of?
How do you know that Satan hasn’t? Can you provide evidence that would substantiate your belief that he hasn’t?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:35 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,316,110 times
Ask him. Satan's loose all over the place, as far as I'm concerned. He might give you an answer. :-)

Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,637,176 times
Salt and Light wrote:
Quote:
Are you suggesting that Satan’s story is not recorded in the Scriptures?
It's a biased opinion that paints satan as the evil being who deceives mankind and is obviously not written by satan or his followers.

Quote:
How do you know that Satan hasn’t? Can you provide evidence that would substantiate your belief that he hasn’t?
No, I can't provide evidence that he hasn't but Barnes and Noble don't seem to have a copy in their stores and I haven't seen it anyplace either. If satan has written a book he must not have a very good publisher or team to publicize and promote it. Of course it would be difficult for a nonexistent being to actually get a book published in the first place.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:04 AM

520 posts, read 896,582 times
Quote:
Salt and Light wrote:
No, I can't provide evidence that he hasn't but Barnes and Noble don't seem to have a copy in their stores and I haven't seen it anyplace either. If satan has written a book he must not have a very good publisher or team to publicize and promote it.
I did a quick amazon search for "Satanic Scriptures" and came up with many results including the Satanic Bible. Something very important to notice about it is it has a real life auther and does not claim to be divinely inspired(or anti-divinely).

Quote:
Of course it would be difficult for a nonexistent being to actually get a book published in the first place.
One would think so wouldnt they.

But if there were a book written by satan himself I would be very interested as to what satan has to say for himself, about himself, and about god.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:40 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,007,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the greatest accomplishment of satan in this age was to have made people believe he does not exist. you do hear satans testimony friend, everytime we hear the cops are evil and the gangbangers are just misunderstood good guys.
every time a bad guy gets his butt kicked an angel gets his wings. merry christmas.
I've heard thus argument before, "Satan gathers supporters by the simple idea that satan does not exist." This argument is not logical at all, if this were the case then everyone who doesn't believe in a God are in fact followers of this God. So in your argument, one of Gods greatest accomplishments was to have made made people not believe he exist.

I do feel that the whole concept of a satan was to create a "boogey man" to keep the masses in line to follow a misguided dogma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality