Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:26 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

Since all of us suck at staying on topic I thought it might be interesting to have an open ended discussion that doesn't have a specific topic. I'd also like a break from argumentative topics so let's keep it friendly. I'm just wondering what's happening in your life at this particular moment or what you're thinking about.
I'm sitting here at a quarter past eight in the morning and having my first of many cups of coffee. I'm not having any deep thoughts or pondering the riddle of the universe, I'm just very glad that it's pouring rain outside. Let me explain why. Yesterday I mowed half of the lawn and then the mower ran out of gas because the owner of that mower (moi) forgot to fill the gas tank. I was sweating like a pig and had to carry a little towel to mop the sweat out of my eyes so I was relieved that I'd run out of gas because then I could put off finishing the other half until today. Now I'm relieved again because I can't mow the lawn because it's pouring rain and I have a perfectly good excuse for sitting here, enjoying my coffee and listening to the comforting sound of the rain. So what's on your mind this morning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times
Ambrose Bierce quipped that the life of an idiot is punctuated by a deadline. In this, the fool is only distinguished from the wise man in doing what is required too late. Still, human nature tending to procrastination, there has to be some time set for the performance of duty or taxes would not be paid, work would not be done, and nothing would be accomplished. Likewise, there has to be some penalty of forfeiture in consequence of the do-or-drop-dead date; for as Samuel Johnson observed, nothing so concentrates a man’s mind as the prospect of being hanged in the morning.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Wow, MG, you sound just like me.

What's on my mind this morning? Hmmm... Well, I too just woke up about an hour ago. We haven't gotten any rain as of yet but it looks like it will rain later this afternoon. I'm debating on whether or not I should go visit my parents today. Not because I don't want to but because I hate driving over there in the rain.

I also have to cut the grass but in order to do so I have to go to the store and pick up some more "twine" for the weedeater as well as go food shopping with my wife. I've been plotting to see if there's any way I might be able to come up with an excuse so as not to go food shopping as it is something that I hate. I always feel lost in the grocery store and I never know what I want to eat when I'm in there. Inevitably, when I leave the store and am on my way home I begin to get hungry for all of the things that I didn't pick up while I was there.

Other than that, I'm thinking about a good alternative to this afternoon if we decide not to go to my parents' house. We may go out to dinner and catch a movie or something like that. At least, that's what I'd like to do.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
I am sitting here this morning drinking my usual Pepsi as the sun shines brightly through the window wondering if I should go out and enjoy this beautiful day rather than stay in the house. I am trying to enjoy this day and not think about my problems.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Eh, getting ready to go to this Blues/Jazz festival later.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I have been up since about 7, fixed my coffee, posted a little here..My 17 yr old grandson dropped in yesterday evening and spent the night, so I fixed him som pancakes, eggs and bacon and he is now out behind the house weedeating the hill..I hope to get my shopping done today since the stores will be less crowded..I went Friday night and left a full basket of groceries and cleaning stuff sitting in the aisle, because as usual there were only 6 registers open out of 30 or more..I hate that, and I am very impatient with those things..

Old 07-13-2008, 09:40 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
I'm sitting here this morning with my second cup of coffee wondering when in the hell is this weather ever going to clear up, that's what's on my mind right now this morning.......it's raining again.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:00 AM

398 posts, read 819,044 times
What was on my mind this morning was: what is everyone on city data thinking about today?

Old 07-14-2008, 03:20 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Well it's no longer morning, but I am now thinking about what to fix for supper. I went to Walmart and bought groceries today (everything is going up!) Oh if only I had a coon to barbecue!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:46 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
Im thinking of taking the kids fishing, or muddin' (AR word) lol

ILNC, i bet i COuld find you a "possum on the half shell" aka armadillo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality