Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:25 AM

446 posts, read 552,812 times

Advertisements

Where humans came from.

Don't want answers, I want proof
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
This doesn't make any kind of grammatical sense.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:36 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Answer: God did it.

Proof: There is none.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 AM

I am asking a legitmate question, I want you to prove to me your theories of how man came about on this earth...

Why be snide about it?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:48 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Answer: God did it.

Proof: There is none.
Agreed.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
We shall have to wait for the BIG REVELATION of the "origins of man" due out before the close of 2008 - can't wait

I know where babies come from if that is any consolation

Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Even the top scientists and religious experts don't have a proof. You won't find one here.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinbalad View Post
I am asking a legitmate question, I want you to prove to me your theories of how man came about on this earth...

Why be snide about it?
Because a vague question deserves a vague answer. First of all, you failed to define the notion of what proof is as opposed to an answer. In doing so, you allowed yourself to set up the goalposts and move them at your leisure by simply saying "That's not proof." So, my question in return is what your standards of proof are measured by as opposed to your standards of answers.

I have strict standards for proof. Others do not.

Answer: The Flying Spaghetti Monster reached down from the heavens with his noodly appendage and brought forth life to every man, woman, and child on Earth as well as all of the plants, animals, and other things roughly 6,000 years ago. He has also found it very discouraging that he is not being worshipped with the proper attire - that being full pirate regalia - evidence to follow shortly.

Proof: Probably the greatest fulfillment of prophecies made by the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the increase in natural disasters such as hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis and the like correlated directly with the tremendous drop in pirates since the 1800's. This is also the cause for much global warming as shown in this chart courtesy of Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster :

Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 AM

GCSTroop,

I asked for your proof, not mine....I guess maybe you mis-read my question. I am asking for your theory and your proof. That is all...I know that you don't believe in a God and/or creationism...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinbalad View Post
GCSTroop,

I asked for your proof, not mine....I guess maybe you mis-read my question. I am asking for your theory and your proof. That is all...I know that you don't believe in a God and/or creationism...
Well, that's the problem. The question was so vague that I could have interpreted it a thousand different ways. You said that you were not interested in answers but proofs. Well, if you do not define further what you mean by "proof" or "answer" than I have no idea what the heck I am giving you as per your classification. I could list an overly exhaustive amount of papers, books, and the like all in support of human evolution as what I would consider a standard of "proof" but I get the feeling that it would be summarily dismissed as an "answer" because you said you weren't looking for answers.

Furthermore, I gave you a very good example of what "bad proof" is and I hope you weren't offended by it but if we dumb down our level of what "proof" is than proof can basically mean anything - up to and including the reality of Flying Spaghetti Monsters.

Perhaps you understand what I mean by "proof" a little better? By proof are you wanting documents, movies, videos, two warring tribes banging gongs to the rhythm of "Darwin, Darwin, Darwin"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality