Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No ShepsMom, believing the Bible is God's Word is something I know in my heart, but I cannot prove it to you or anyone. It comes from knowing God, having a personal relationship with Him through Jesus. It's not about logic, but faith. 2 Timothy 3:16 says that all Scripture is the inspired Word of God and I do believe that. I believe that God spoke to the men who wrote the Bible and they wrote what God told them to write through His spirit.

Another passage from the bible: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." (1Corinthians 1:19) Faith is believing without seeing. ShepsMom, finding Gods love is amazing. There is no other love greater nor fulfilling than Gods love. Debating our beliefs based on logic, will do you no good. Try watching this video,
YouTube - Milagro Eucaristico Buenos Aires Argentina

God is so amazing that he allows each and every one of us be who we are, for he has a calling for us. We have a purpose in this world. Many people, I included look at the logic and doubt about our beliefs because many questions seem to be unaswered, do you really want answered questions? Go to that link and you will see it has been scientifically proven that God is real. After watching this video, you feel like you still doubt then experience. What do you have to lose? You see every day is a blessing but many times we are not able to see them. Open your heart and you will see what I am talking about. I love North Carolina is right, finding your answers is accomplished by first establishing a relationship with God and then the Holy Spirit will guide you. For Jesus himself told us in John 15:18 "I will not leave you orphaned..." His proof of his great love for us was dying in the cross for us, although physically he left us, he is with us in the spirit aka the holy spirit whom reveals the truth to us. Yes technically the bible is written by man but not just because they were bored and wanted to be known and wrote any random thing but because the holy spirit inspired them. Have you ever heard the expression, "You don't know how a person is really like or what he or she has gone through until you've walked in their shoes." In this case I say do not question something if you have not felt. Like I said open your heart "Ask, Experience, Live" For Jesus himself tells us in Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Bless it be the name of the Lord and all the glory be to him.

God Bless You!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,741 times
Default Actually every week!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Whens the last time the Holy Spirit manifested itself (outside of the Bible)? I dont know of any. Without the bible there wouldnt be a concept of a holy spirit or of God as you know it

Actually the holy spirit manifests himself almost every friday at the youth group as well as on tuesday in our prayer meetings. It's amazing. Gods love is so amazing.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:04 AM

212 posts, read 572,983 times
I think god started when people realized that they can scare others to make them do what they want. I think of it this way if god was real and all powerful why would he need men to spread his word. I just can't buy that this god is real

Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
The sun was the original god, and most religions evolved from there.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
From my understanding, the story goes God did all this creation stuff and then told Moses all about it. So the idea is that Moses wrote the 1st 5 books of the bible. (and no one seemed to notice that it was written in one language but meant for all people of all languages to read...)

But then again, Moses was a womanizing murderer (self-ascribed if you believe he wrote those books), so who can believe anything he wrote anyway?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,260 times
Default religion

Religion and God were created by man to give meaning to life and to create laws and order so that humans could survive. Religions define God as an all knowing, all powerful, all loving being.

Ask yourself these questions

If you are an all knowing, all powerful, all loving being why do you create human beings? Are you lonely? This would be a human trait and not the trait of a god.

Why would you create beings such as Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler when as an all knowing being you already know what they are going to do?

Why create people who you know are going to suffer from disease, famine, poverty, etc. Is this the trait of an all loving being?

If you are God why didn't you show up for thousands of years to share your love and teachings with humans. Why would you suddently disappear and never come back?

If I were God I certainly wouldn't do any of the above!!!!!!!

Would any of you?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 PM

11 posts, read 9,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The Bible explains who God is.
John 14:26 "But when the Father sends the Counselor as my representative, and by the Counselor I mean the Holy Spirit, He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you".
So how does quoting such a convoluted scripture prove anything other than the fact that somebody wrote it in a book? When the Bible itself is in question, it makes no logical sense to quote it as evidence of its own validity.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:53 PM

11 posts, read 9,637 times
Quote:
God may have inspired the bible, but its mans interpretation of the Word, and everything man touches becomes corrupted in some way just like the running order of the Bible has been corrupted by men, men that felt they were being guided by what they felt was the holy spirit
Amen to that. King James was one of the most corrupt kings ever, and it would be out of character had he NOT given his clergy permission to write whatever they pleased and to alter the so-called history of the Bible's previous works to fit their own purpose. I have documented proof of his corruption in my own Arnold family from those days in England. They were haberdashers, and were fairly well-to-do. King James made them lords against their will, which meant he could triple their taxes. That, and the fact they were Puritans, is what drove them to America.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:04 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
God may have inspired the bible, but its mans interpretation of the Word, and everything man touches becomes corrupted in some way just like the running order of the Bible has been corrupted by men, men that felt they were being guided by what they felt was the holy spirit
How do you know the Bible is corrupted? Perhaps God's Spirit really did guide these men & the Bible is accurate. Not possible?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
How did religion/God start?

It was born in ignorance, ignorance of why the sun came up every day, ignorance about death, disease, and everything else that men feared for the simple reason it was beyond the knowledge of the time. Man, not having a way to 'explain away' these things invented gods that controlled these things.

Then some realized that they could use these gods to control the people and control them as easily as they controlled the sheep in their herd.

Today it is way past time to discard these ancient ignorance based beliefs and discard the ancient superstitions born in ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality