Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
IDDM = Insulin Dependent Diabetic
DKA = Diabetic Ketoacidosis = Extreme High Blood Sugar

Now here's a question, is it against your religion to GIVE blood? I actually have a condition that my blood is "too thick," and the simplest treatment of this is to give blood, so giving blood not only helps myself, it helps others as the blood can be separated and the RBCs can be used.

I'm not aware that insulin would apply here. I know lots of people on insulin.

Some people may have to have blood drawn to deal w/ medical situations such as yours. But I personally would insist that the blood be 'poured out' as opposed to administered to someone else. I wouldnt feel comfortable contributing to what I feel to be misuse of it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM

307 posts, read 479,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I believe God has an extraordinarily generous heart that baffles absolutists--the modern day Pharisees, if you will. I have a big problem with people who simply think their own interpretation of Scripture is the end-all, be-all Word Of God, and that all other opinions, conscientiously arrived at through careful study, are apostasy. I think the teachings of the Bible are complex and sometimes contradictory in nature. It is an arrogant Christian who believes he or she fully understands it.
I totally agree with your sentiments.

No offence, alicenevada, but please take note.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post
I totally agree with your sentiments.

No offence, alicenevada, but please take note.
I don't know how I could be offended. I agree w/ those sentiments as well. I believe I gave him rep points.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Is there a Christian Church that follows scripture?

Over time, all the churches and creeds of Christianity that I know of have moved away from following scripture to the letter.
The creeds were each written by men centuries after the Christian Faith had already been watered down by the doctrines of men.

Quote:
I am not saying they should but with the acceptance of women priests and homosexuals as well as not believing in Mary and or various other tenets of scripture, no church seems to be following the WORD of God.

Has the old church disappeared or am I looking in the wrong places?
Should the old tenets have been kept?

Regards
DL
Good points.

How many churches follow even the commands given us regarding "two but not more than three" at each gathering?

We are told how to select leaders within the church as well. When was the last time that a church did so?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
You do recognize do you not that some blood disorders have as yet no substitute for transfusions?

In such a case, would you let your baby or child die?

Regards
DL
Actually, my friend, from my studies there are numerous blood substitutes.

Western Blood infrastructure and corporations do not wish them to be used. But the statistics of when they have been used, some of the current substitutes are far safer than blood.

May God bless you.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:38 PM

307 posts, read 479,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I don't know how I could be offended. I agree w/ those sentiments as well. I believe I gave him rep points.
I have just left a post in another thread for you. I am surprised you agree with those sentiments, but you have gone way up in my estimations!

Old 10-17-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post
I have just left a post in another thread for you. I am surprised you agree with those sentiments, but you have gone way up in my estimations!

I think people mistake 'faith' for 'self righteousness' sometimes. Faith means being sure. I don't claim to know everything and I certainly don't claim infallibility. There are certain things I know from the scriptures and certain things I 'understand'. The first group is impossible for me to deny. The 2nd involves constant prayer and study, more taking in knowledge, and waiting on my God.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:40 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times
Quote:
justice='The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law.'

In accordance with LAW. If a man has seen the sheer power of God with his own eyes, such as with the parting of the red sea, and knows his laws full well and STILL chooses to defy his creator-that is not unjust. That is suicide.

You obviously have no experience with God's blessings or you would not feel so much animosity towards events that happened over a thousand years ago. I understand why it looks heartless from the outset...you are human. But you cannot possibly fathom the wisdom of a perfect being. It is senseless to try.
So you do not understand why God used genocide but it is still OK.
I don't understand why Hitler use genocide so by your standards it is OK

Hurray for both.

I guess it must come from bad blood in both God and Hitler.

Give your head a shake.

Genocide is not justifiable, especially from a ??? loving God.
Gives a new meaning to loving someone to death.

Regards
DL

Old 10-17-2008, 06:41 PM

810 posts, read 1,437,667 times
Quote:
Actually, it regarded drunkeness and gluttony. Obviously, since neither of those things were punishable by death ontheir own, the scripture was referring to a man who defied his parents and refused to obey God's commandments. There was attitude involved. This emphasized the importance of Israel's obedience to God. He had saved them out of Egypt and they owed him their alliegience.

Of course, we have no way of knowing if it ever happened. Hopefully, no man was stupid enough to defy God in this way.
Yep...it did have to do with attitude. I had just looked into that scripture so it was fresh in my mind when I saw that you guys were looking for it. I usually can't pull things out of my head that fast.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:45 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
IDDM = Insulin Dependent Diabetic
DKA = Diabetic Ketoacidosis = Extreme High Blood Sugar

Now here's a question, is it against your religion to GIVE blood? I actually have a condition that my blood is "too thick," and the simplest treatment of this is to give blood, so giving blood not only helps myself, it helps others as the blood can be separated and the RBCs can be used.
They will not give you blood but that may be to your benefit. Alcohol thins the blood. Perhaps they will keep you drunk as they watch their children die. Good luck.
I guess it comes with their mind set of applauding God for His genocidal fit.

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality