Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

If tomorrow Nobama will be chosen, his hate preaching friends will think they get the endorsment to go on with hate preaching, etc.

Nobama only said one thing after the Rev. attacked him personal and said "he is a politician and will say what is best for his carreer"

Well we know he never really condemned all his associations and has shown not to have one lousy friend, but there is the Hamas spokesman who hates Israel, Rev. Wright (G damn America), Father Pfleger who hates Hillary and thinks she thought she was entitled to the presidency, Acorn and their hate group, Rezko the convict, Michelle who was never proud in her adult life until Obama was chosen to run....and sat next to him for over 20 years in a hate preaching church....be wise and don't let their hate religion take over what should be preached in church and that is love, respect for all the people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,086,306 times
I really have never seen love and respect for all people taught in any church......
so it's kinda hypocritical to make judgements about people who have crossed Obama's path.....someone he bumped into at the grocery store, his babysitter when he was 2 months old, a neighbor when he was a kid who ended up being known as a domestic terrorist.....it seems anyone he has turned his eyes toward has been connected to him. lol!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:54 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,555,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If tomorrow Nobama will be chosen, his hate preaching friends will think they get the endorsment to go on with hate preaching, etc.
Hate preaching? I did not know Obama was a fundie

Seriously, the one thing that I have really noticed about the republican ads in my area is that backstabbing and aiming at the character of their oppened seems to be all they can do because they cannot defend what they have done to our government.

This is like a 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon thing. I am sure if we work hard enough we can link Obama to Jeffry Dahmer ................and we could John McCain as well; at least I cannot *think* of any political scandal Obama was involved in as I can McCain.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:03 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
I love it.

I have to agree with NC~Mom, here. Most churches I have experienced and the people who go to them are quite anti-semitic towards people like homosexuals and those who support them.

I mean, here's an interesting fact for you. Ted Haggard, a man who has openly and forthrightly condemned homosexuality and the people who supported it; was about as controversial as any mega-preacher could have been and received weekly spiritual phone calls from George W. Bush - even after he was in office.

They're Feeling Haggard Over Bush Evangelical Advisor's Gay Drug Scandal

Article | The American Prospect

That was, of course, until Ted Haggard was caught with a transsexual prostitute smoking crystal meth.

Needless to say, I'm glad that if I have children someday that by electing Obama as President they have much less of a chance of being taught that dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time like an episode of the Flintstones. Or that something like witchcraft is real. I find that to sculpt a child's mind around religious fantasies instead of evidence teaches them to be unable to make sound, conscious decisions about other things in their life and usually they end up making posts like yours.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:04 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally posted by grannynancy
Seriously, the one thing that I have really noticed about the republican ads in my area is that backstabbing and aiming at the character of their oppened seems to be all they can do because they cannot defend what they have done to our government.
Yes, from the party of good christian moral values One more reason why we christians should never align with either political party

Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Yes, from the party of good christian moral values One more reason why we christians should never align with either political party

Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Vote for the person. Okay? Not his or her attachments. I mean if you really want to worry about associations, worry about the person who's MARRIED to a prospective V.P. who wants to secede from the nation. Really now. Vote for the candidates, two of the four of them, based on their own merits. Each of us has a right to his or her vote and no matter who your choice is...just vote. Get on out there and whatever your voice is, make it heard.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,817 times
My decision NOT to vote is just as loudly voicing my stance.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
No, it really is not. The vast majority of people who don't vote just don't care and are the ones to complain the loudest. You can go vote and write in someone you would like or vote for a third party candidate if there is one to your liking. Or even vote in the other races and not for president.

Plus you have other races and referenda to consider.

I will be watching the final polls very closely - - - living in a very red state my vote does not count [unless there is any chance it will flip] - so I can cast it for the lesser of the evils. In a state that is up for grabs - well, I would vote for the lesser of the evils.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
I think everyone should vote if not for the simple reason that if you want to complain in the future about the elected official in office that you really don't have a leg to stand on... That's just my opinion, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality