Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 02:21 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,209,077 times

Advertisements

The Hovind flood theory....

YouTube - Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 3).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 02:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,872,783 times
Of course the woodpecker may have been a problem for them.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,872,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Yet if it was a global flood, it would be possible to find olive branches there, and maybe even an uprooted olive tree.
Yes, I can see that now.

http://blog.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/NoahsArk3.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-14-2009, 02:50 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
It's possible Mt. Ararat was raised up as the waters receded.

I honestly don't know if Mt. Ararat of the Bible is the one we call Ararat today. I've seen a few different theories on the web about where it is...but I honestly don't know. I think it'd be really cool if we did find it though.
The Bible did not say Mt. Ararat, it did say the mountains of Ararat.
Yet I just discovered today, that if you read the passage about the water receding, the passage gives you a very good idea as to where the ark will be found. The Bible makes it almost to obvious.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
After reading these posts and seeing the "pictures" of the ark, I have one question.

How did the larger animals such as the elephant or giraffe climb the ladder depicted on this pictorial representation of the ark?
The Ark had a side door of great size, and according to the Bible, when the rains came. It was God that sealed the door. In the link below Lieutenant Roskovitsky in 1916 flew a high altitude test for the Russian Imperial Air Force. It was then we he saw the Ark on Ararat, and also the sidedoor the Bible speaks about. He said it appeared to him to be twenty feet square. Link below.

Mount Ararat: Expeditions Past / Present

Old 06-14-2009, 03:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,644,263 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
The Ark had a side door of great size, and according to the Bible, when the rains came. It was God that sealed the door. In the link below Lieutenant Roskovitsky in 1916 flew a high altitude test for the Russian Imperial Air Force. It was then we he saw the Ark on Ararat, and also the sidedoor the Bible speaks about. He said it appeared to him to be twenty feet square. Link below.
Well that was one I'd never seen before and it says that one hundred and fifty men documented everything about the arc and took alot of photographs. Doesn't it bother you that not one single good photo of the arc has ever been shown to the public? You would think if there were 150 men and all of this activity was taking place that you'd end up with more than one set of photos which were conveniently lost. If this event were true I would expect that there would have been a mountain of evidence that couldn't have been hushed up and I think alot of these guys would have brought cameras and taken photos for themselves. Would you really go on an expedition like this and then just bring one camera and then lose all of the prints and negatives? Very unlikely.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Because what you say is untrue. The vaguely matching accounts are very few, but they are the ones that you quote mined. Most do not match the bible account in any way....Why do you think you can use lies to bolster your claims, when they are so obvious and make you look foolish?
sanspeur, I listed 13 for you, and they all involve God. And we see one man involved with a boat, and useing it to bring his family and animals with him. And in all 13 accounts, the world is destroyed by a flood, and those in the boat survive. There is nothing vague about the accounts, it is basically the identical story. Names of the gods may change, and the names of the people may change, yet the story line is the same.

Consider link below.

Abiogenesis and the Origin of Life

Old 06-14-2009, 04:22 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,209,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
sanspeur, I listed 13 for you, and they all involve God. And we see one man involved with a boat, and useing it to bring his family and animals with him. And in all 13 accounts, the world is destroyed by a flood, and those in the boat survive. There is nothing vague about the accounts, it is basically the identical story. Names of the gods may change, and the names of the people may change, yet the story line is the same.

Consider link below.

Abiogenesis and the Origin of Life
Yeah, right.....As I suspected a fundy site....I guess they are the ones that weeded out the stories that don't fit the bible. Nightflight posted a more complete list here.. Flood Stories from Around the World

Old 06-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

Well that was one I'd never seen before and it says that one hundred and fifty men documented everything about the arc and took alot of photographs. Doesn't it bother you that not one single good photo of the arc has ever been shown to the public? You would think if there were 150 men and all of this activity was taking place that you'd end up with more than one set of photos which were conveniently lost. If this event were true I would expect that there would have been a mountain of evidence that couldn't have been hushed up and I think alot of these guys would have brought cameras and taken photos for themselves. Would you really go on an expedition like this and then just bring one camera and then lose all of the prints and negatives? Very unlikely.
That event occured just as the Russian revolution broke out. And of the one hundred and fifty men present, only two men were ever found that were on that expedition. As it turned out, both men lived in the South West United States, and they had lost contact with each other with the passage of time. Yet when interviewed, they both told the same story of the Ark on Ararat. There is so much mystery with the Ark, you can expect just about anything. Yet there are countless people who have seen it over time, and they all keep repeating the same story. I believe by the time the reporter caught up with these guys, they were both pretty old. This is just my belief, but I think there is a set time for the Ark to be revealed. Because logic would dictate that by this time, it should of been found. I can kind of relate to this, because for the last 28 years or so, I have been looking for a sunken ship. I now know exactly where it is, yet circumstance has kept me from getting to it. And my experiences trying to locate that ship, have been just as frustrating as finding Noahs Ark. LOL

Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,644,263 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
As it turned out, both men lived in the South West United States, and they had lost contact with each other with the passage of time. Yet when interviewed, they both told the same story of the Ark on Ararat.
After reading your link I would have thought that the 150 men on this expedition would have been Russian and I wouldn't have expected anyone to be living in the US. Anyway, I can understand your interest in the subject and a mystery is always fascinating. As you can probably tell I don't believe that the story of Noah's Ark is real but I have to give you credit for not resorting to rude and insulting comments even when you're being hounded by a half dozen people like myself who disagree with you.
I have to ask you though, how would you feel if a high tech research expedition was allowed to explore the area where you think the ark is located and all they found were rock formations? To be perfectly honest I can't imagine any possibility that a team of researchers is going to discover a huge boat at the top of Mt. Ararat. If that turns out to be the case how would it change your perceptions of Noah's Ark or would it change it at all? Just wondering and thanks for your lack of hostility for those of us who don't share your beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality