Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,647,452 times

Advertisements

Blue is the sweetest and most tolerant person on the forum and I feel better for reading her contributions. She always has a kind word and is a far better person than I ever will be...

Montana has a way of coming up with threads which get everybody interested and great discussions always ensue. I find him refreshingly honest and open.

GCSTroop is far too clever for my slow little grey cells but I always learn something from him and his sense of humour is second to none. I love the way his logic and complete research into whatever subject we are discussing always lead to some little known fact.

June is always encouraging , caring and thoughtful and always seems far more tolerant than most of us... and yet she has a killer sense of humour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 11:19 AM

348 posts, read 502,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth7 View Post
Brian Rees gets a shout from me. Many of our beliefs differ but he is courageous in his arguments....and so witty. He makes me Laugh Out Loud.
Let's set up a Mutual Admiration Society, then Liz...

X, Brian.

ps. I'd send you a big smacker, too, JohnJLethal, but you'd probably be embarrassed. Also Troop, Sanspeur, Logic, Montana, Rifleman, Seattle, Tic and many others - I like you all...

Brian.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:31 AM

418 posts, read 708,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrees View Post
Let's set up a Mutual Admiration Society, then Liz...

X, Brian.

ps. I'd send you a big smacker, too, JohnJLethal, but you'd probably be embarrassed. Also Troop, Sanspeur, Logic, Montana, Rifleman, Seattle, Tic and many others - I like you all...

Brian.
Aw shucks. No embarrassment here, but thanks for the sentiments.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,789,690 times
Kerby, Ptsum and Travellingfella are probably the ones I relate most to, but I still have to say that much love goes out to all. And of course I have a special connection with my dear friend June (who doesn't love her?)

Old 11-22-2008, 02:29 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,670,188 times
I can say something nice about everybody here, I know we all have our different beliefs and our different opinions about those beliefs and others, but the one thing in particular, is that I have learned from everyone here, about your particular belief,religion, culture, or lack thereof, you see I am a seeker of knowledge and I try to learn from everyone here whether I agree or disagree with them, I believe everyone is entitled to what they believe in or not believe and I also believe that everyone should be respected for that and I thank all of you for the knowledge that I have obtained from you all. Thank you to June, for your gentle care, to Alpha, though we are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to religion, I respect that, to I Love North Carolina, dear lady, I respect you very much for your belief in your holy book, it is to be commended, to blue, for your belief in your God and the way you hold to that, to Montana, the way you make us think with some of the posts that you come up with and constantly questioning things, to GCSTroop, the tenacity for which you stick to your nonbelief and make us realize that there is always something new to learn, to moonsavvy,Kerby, Travelingfella, fellow travelers, I have learned much from you and hope to continue to do so. And to anyone else whose name I may have missed I want to thank you for being here so that we can all learn from one another and so that we can all learn to respect other, I am humbled in your presence.osay

Old 11-22-2008, 04:01 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,124,421 times
I just wanted to say thanks to blue and ptsum...the two reasons I ever venture into this forum...just to read what they say...I consider you both wise beyond wise.

I always stay out of politics and religion..but I enjoy everyone's posts about their own personal beliefs, and take in what you all say. I am always learning, even if I don't post often.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:28 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,469,408 times
Wow! I love this thread and I'm almost hesitant to post on it because I would feel horrible for leaving someone I would like to mention "out of the loop". Just as a disclaimer, I really do enjoy everyone's company on here whether we are at each other's throats or not and it's everyone on here that makes the City-Data experience one that I've gladly driven myself nuts over for the past year and a half. But, to single a few people out, I would like to say:

ILNC - I think that if June is the gentle Atheist, you must be the gentle Christian. Your words are never combative and are always filled with a sense of joy and happiness regardless of the tone of the situation. May you keep that smile we all know you have and never lose sight of the fact that you are a superbly even tempered woman.

June 7th - What can I say? Probably one of everyone's favorites on the forum. Her gentle ways are beyond reproach and I suspect that she doesn't realize how many people she touches with her kind and gentle ways. Truly, if there were ever a person I admire for inner strength it would be her.

Alpha - You and I go back quite a way. We've had some knock down drag out battles before but by and large I think that although our perspectives can often be on opposite ends of the spectrum we may very well get along in real life. I think you truly do live what you believe in every sense of the word and you are not a "Facebook Christian" (a word I just invented )

Mooseketeer - Now, I would be lying if I said I didn't know the real Mooseketeer a little better than most of the people on this forum. But, what I can say is that she is probably the most genuinely gifted and truest philanthropists I have ever met. If I could only be half the person in savvy wit and downright goodness that she has shown me that she is than I would be a fortunate man.

Blueberry - I don't know if you even come here anymore but if you get this... I've been thinking about you. I miss you.

MontanaGuy - Dude. When are you going to come to my house and have a few beers? It's only a few hours away. Geez!

bigthirsty - Dude. When are you going to come to my house and have a few beers? It's only a few hours away. Geez!

mams1559 - Another person who I've not always agreed with but feel I may get along very well with in real life. You express your thoughts and opinions very well and I think you have a natural talent for writing. Keep up the good work.

blue62 - If there's one person on this forum whom I think everyone loves it must be blue62. Always with kind words of support, openness, and love your approach is simply beyond reproach. You've given me some very kind and gentle words of encouragement and that means a lot to me. I think we all look forward to hearing more from you on this forum.

aiangel_writer - Dude. When are you going to come to my house and have a few beers? It's only an hour away. Geez!

weatherologist - It took me forever to figure out who was leaving the ' <>< ' in my rep points box. Tricky... Very Tricky.

To anyone else I may have missed or not given credit to I apologize as there are simply so many whose company I've enjoyed. So many of you have given such wonderful insight and perspective and really opened my eyes to so many different things. Through everyone's participation I have forced myself to learn through your posts and perspectives and to come to terms with many unanswered questions in my own life. I look forward to continuing our debates, pleasantries, and sometimes arguments in the future despite the fact that we may all get along quite well in real life.

Take Care!

Edit: I would also like to thank all those who were kind enough to mention me in their thoughts. It means a lot to me to think that other people regard my posts in such a fashion. Thank you all for indirectly 'forcing' me to do so much research just to try and better explain a particular point or a different perspective. Thanks again, everyone!

Last edited by GCSTroop; 11-22-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Old 11-22-2008, 04:57 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,290,216 times
Default For the love of June:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

even though we may not see eye to eye on things of God..I will start by saying...

Even though June may not see "eye to eye" on things of "God," she will start by saying:

Blue- You are the heart, the soul, the "Mamma" to the "Pappa" without which June would not be "June." -Thank you...

And in reading each of you, each and every day, June honestly thanks you for who you are, what you've given her, in ways that would otherwise go left unknown:

ILNC- You are the conscience of June's hair, nails, and "heathen spirit." You bring more smiles to me in knowing I was your "first atheist" (that you ever actually spoke to!?) than you will ever, ever know. You warm my heart each and every time I think of you as I shovel snow up here, hair a mess, with broken nails, and coons running rampant within the mystery of our seemingly polarized worlds...I love ya, Coon sister! (I really do!)

PG77- For opening up June's heart in ways that few seldom have...

aiangel_writer- For showing June your true soul, in showing June her true self, in seeing yours...

Village Life- For the preciousness of sweet, dear little Christine, in the context of you, which gives June hope in the world...

Mrstewart- For reminding and reawakening in June the love for the one person she initially bonded with, and without whom, she would not know the meaning of trust: her Grandmother. --Through making June feel your love for your grandmother. Which was more of a gift than you will ever know...She's still "there." Just as June's grandmother enables her to be "here;" to be "June." I am forever thankful to you...

ptsum- For your reminders to June that we are all held within the circle of nature, of life, of our collective histories of one another...

Kerby W-R- For bringing June back, reminding her, and re-grounding her, with each and every thread, to the real essence of Unity...

MTbound- For allowing June to know that real friends really exist in similiar processes.

Deb in VA - For the rainbow. ...For it's ever-reaching arch that would cause June to cherish your friendship; to cherish the colors that come and go...

Redbird- For your love, for allowing me to care, for that which makes me miss you...

Noland - For challenging June, and for taking her heart and mind to images of rivers every time she reads "beautiful St. John's river" and wonders what you really mean by that...

Mams- For forever. For always returning, despite the struggles, to the reality of strength that so clearly lies within you...For which June is forever, always, personally gratefull.

Firstborn 888 - For your honesty in reminding June of the purpose of beauty that will forever exist in loss...For that reminder, that memory, June's heart honestly, honestly thanks you...

Fundamentalist- For making June realize, think, that there is a reason and a purpose to her reactions, she sincerely thanks you...In polarization, she will forever and always strive to find unity. That, is a true gift. Thank you.

Shana Brown - In looking forward to, and in reading your sweet, sweet "God Bless," June smiles.

Hoosier- For however and always you help June clarify who and what she really is, and where she stands, within this overall context of what we call "life," June is forever gratefull. --And for knowing that when the when the world is rampantly over run by Coons, she will not be alone.

Miriam- For giving June hope: That perhaps, June too, can someday be 76 years old and fiesty, vibrant, and oh so self-embracing! And for making June truly realize that despite opposite worlds, "gardening" can still take place...

linicx- For finding in your blogs the souls of your soul...

coosjoaquin - For your incredible, exquisite, celebratory youth, in which is conveyed both your mind, and the infinity of numbers! --But even more importantly, (to June) the brilliance of the mathematical, human heart in it's striving for infinite knowledge; perfection....

immplant- For instilling in June that desire to still understand; to figure out...??

grannynancy- For always making June think: "Now that makes damn good sense!"

Blueberry- For that first dm, in which you simply let June know: you are there if she ever has any questions... Dear blueberrry....You hold my heart.

World Citizen- For truly making a heartfelt impression on June in ways which she suspects you will never fully know...That in initiating the mending of bridges, that perhaps the first step in crossing that bridge is in knowing that only through the building of it, there is hope. June thanks you. We created a bridge, perhaps. --Which in this world, is no small feat...But June can accept the unknown of not knowing, or not, dear WC.

Curlythecosmo- For your words of sweet, daily gladness, in making known that which is ultimately both joyously you, and gladly known through you...

huckleberry - For your utterly understated wisdom and stublety that says more in one post than June could ever possibly say in 300...

yhwhshalomjr- For being the person responsible for June actually having purchased the CD with that song by the Blind Boys of Alabama! (For which she is still....in shock.)

Betsey Lane- For posting your words that made June ponder the meaning of "prayer" in the context of, and aftermath of, loss...

HsvMike- For loving the third person in June, which in turn, allowed June to love the third person in you.

moonsavvy- For within whose posts/words June came to realize the reality that exists in honesty and truth...June misses you.

DimSumRaja - June is missing you and your words that gave her sense of self context...(Where have you gone?)

DOTL- For perhaps providing June with a glimpse of your God in a way that you will never really know...(???)

HotinAz - For the fact that but for you, June would never have asked herself whether or not the shack is out there, or whether it will weather in the elements, decompose, and fall in on itself before one ever knows, or is even able to ask the question as to whether or not it even exits...Thank you for your thread that raised the question as regards that ultimately mysterious mystery.

sanspeur- Apart from absolutely loving the French nature of your name, ("without" what???) June can only thank you for your reminders of...(Refer to "Montana" and whether or not we ever actually "got a room" --Or did we ever actually NEED ONE?!) below...)

Little Thirsty - For that time, (long, long ago,) when you posted something about wanting to know whether others had a "special, sacred place." Which in it's asking, enabled June to make a connection: Both to you, and to her own imagination. The extent to which June lacks the abilty to explain to you just how much that meant to her is equal to the profound power of grace that you inadvertantlly, unknowingly gave to June just in asking...Thank you. xo

Big Thirsty - For continually tolerating me in asking you the same question. For continually allowing me to have hope that what I am asking can truly exist...For always allowing me to want to bring together that which seemingly divides, as at the same time it inspires me to not give up hope. June asks you, therefore: Do not make her give up hope. As always: "My best to you and Little Thirsty and Baby/Toddler Thirsty."

skbs - For your posts which are sporadically compelling to June, she wonders: Who are you?

Mooseketeer- I do not, DO NOT have words for what the presence and the impact of having you in my life means...In finding you, June found that part of herself that she knows she could not have found otherwise, except in YOU. We will be there next October! (Yes! Yes! Yes!) What else in this world could possibly make me smile as much, love you and Stephan as I do, and honestly, truly feel as though...We were already "known" in that "heathen" womb? My dear, beloved soul mate across the pond: It shall be my utmost honor and joy to be present at your nuptuals. I love you. I rejoice in the above...And I promise you that I will contain and control, with dignity and true ("nipple belt") refinement, this:

Troop - You are "Good Will Hunting." --Beyond which, I can only say, you were born in your mother's heart...This heart.

Weatherologist - (In a failing economy, the latest bids on ebay are up to...) <---- My dear, for being, in every sense of the word, a kindred spirit, a friend, and the sister June has and will always wish she has had, as actualized in you: I have no words. I know that you know. We both know. I have no other way of tellng you: I love you.

cg81- For sitting beside me, and invisably pointing to Mack, all the while that I continue to ask "" --And tolerating that...But most of all: For letting me trust you. For letting me trust you...<------

Oakback- Simply, most memorably, when you posted THIS: //www.city-data.com/forum/2781743-post54.html --You have NO idea..."stunned."

Lastly:

Montana- For the distance you have travelled to come to be with June, for the days and nights, for the hours in which we have spent on the phone, for the part of me that will forever and always rest with you, love you, June says: thank you for forever being:

My dear, sweet man. xo

Alpha- For Naomi. For taking a photograph. For making one, mere statement, comment, sentence.

...That in turn had the capacity to ignite the imagination, set a spark, validate for you, in what you actually live to be for others...What you most unknowing have...

Perhaps given.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-22-2008 at 05:24 PM..

Old 11-22-2008, 06:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,021,735 times
[scours every nook and cranny for own name] I doth protest! This is a popularity contest!

Oops, I forgot to heap praise. Everyone's ok in my book. B-)

Old 11-22-2008, 07:16 PM

414 posts, read 777,605 times
Arrow Say it with flowers ...

on tiptoes ... through the tulips ....
to whom it (really?) may concern!

Last edited by lwowl; 11-22-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: pop goes the weasel. G with good reason!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality