Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,114,518 times

Advertisements

Well, it appears everyone is disappointed by the candidates, including these folks.

So, will we have third and fourth party candidates after all?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/us...th&oref=slogin

Old 02-25-2007, 10:35 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Default omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Well, it appears everyone is disappointed by the candidates, including these folks.

So, will we have third and fourth party candidates after all?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/25/us...th&oref=slogin
here we go again.
Giuliani married 3 times- surely to be consigned to h$ll for those sins.

The S.C. senator reminded me of that Muench painting- "The Scream"

Old 02-25-2007, 11:25 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,330 times
My guess would be they never considered any of the Democrats viable candidates so they're only looking at the Republicans. Guess they'll wait for Newt to announce his candidacy somewhere around the end of September! Oh...wait...I think he was having an extramarital affair too... Maybe Bill O or Sean Hannity would serve the purpose. Or if they want diversification, perhaps Ann Coulter?

Old 02-25-2007, 11:53 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,114,518 times
The two points that catch my attention are

- the secrecy around the organization and its implied membership
- the issues that are considered conservative and the desire to have all of them on the table (from taxation to abortion to constitutional amendments on gay marriage).

They'll have to pull from a different quarter to have all their wishes fulfilled and elect anyone!

Old 02-25-2007, 12:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
The two points that catch my attention are

- the secrecy around the organization and its implied membership
- the issues that are considered conservative and the desire to have all of them on the table (from taxation to abortion to constitutional amendments on gay marriage).

They'll have to pull from a different quarter to have all their wishes fulfilled and elect anyone!
Yes, the religious right has proven extremely intolerant. They're not willing to concede to ANYTHING. Everything has to be their way, or the highway.

Extremely totalitarian.

On the other side, sometimes the left does expect too much of the right as well.

I say we get them all together for a game of political "Go Fish".

"Got any gun control legislation that lets people carry?"...."Nope, go fish"

"Got any marriage licenses for gay people?"...."Nope, go fish"

"Got any welfare reform that puts people back to work?"...."Nope, go fish"

"Got any legislation that legalizes marijuana?"....."No, but I got one that legalizes the abuse of prescription drugs, does that count?" ....."Nah, I'll go fish"

"Got anything that allows prayer in schools?"...."Only if they pray for social security when they retire."....."Ok, guess I'll go fish too."

"Got anything that pulls us out of Iraq?"...."Yeah, but first you have to take all these cards you don't need"....."Nevermind, I'll go fish"

"Hey this is getting us nowhere, how about we go back to pointing the finger at you liberals? It was easier."....."Ok but we'll point ours straight up and right back at ya"...."Fair enough"

It's all pretty sad to watch. I'm REALLY hoping Rudy wins the nom because I think he's our only hope at unification. All the other candidates seem to want to divide and conquer, on both sides.

-TT

Old 02-25-2007, 12:36 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,069 times
I would be considered a right wing nut job but I like Rudy alot. He aint afraid to tell anybody where the bear **its in the woods

Old 02-25-2007, 03:04 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
My guess would be they never considered any of the Democrats viable candidates so they're only looking at the Republicans. Guess they'll wait for Newt to announce his candidacy somewhere around the end of September! Oh...wait...I think he was having an extramarital affair too... Maybe Bill O or Sean Hannity would serve the purpose. Or if they want diversification, perhaps Ann Coulter?
OMG! That's enough to make me want to spit out my breakfast! ANN COULTER??!! OMG! OMG!!

Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
Rudy wouldn't be my first choice, but I could live with him. I want someone who ISN"T an extreme rightwinger on social issues and I'd like someone who is fiscally conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality