Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 PM

3 posts, read 15,188 times

Advertisements

I am thankful that God chose to redirect my life. I am soo unbelievably lucky to have recovered so well, with no limitations physically or mentally. I am groing stronger and have never felt so healthy in my life! My neck was fractured in 3 places, my clavicle was crushed, broke 3 ribs, punctured a lung and had a closed head injury. I did have my seat belt on, if I did not there is no way I would still be alive. I was driving home to west Hollywood @ 3 am on the 101 freeway after being out with a few friends in Woodland Hills. I was hit by a drunk driver traveling approx 80 mph. My car flipped several times on the highway and I was unconcious when I was ambulanced to the hospital. I remained comatose for a week and stayed in a "waking coma" in Cedars Sinai hospital in LA for over a month was then air ambulanced to south Florida (hometown) stayed in Healthsouth rehab hospital for another month and slowly regained functions. I relearned how to talk, walk, eat, see straight, EVERYTHING.....After the hospital I was taken care of at home by my mother who is an R.N. and stayed in out patient physical, occupational, speech, and vision therapies then the bridge cognitive therapy program for about 6 mos. I now eat very well, stay active, never "party", drink red wine on a very rare occasion, and enjoy life to the fullest. I feel like Im living the way God intended me to. Fitness, diet and happiness are the 3 main aspects of my life! I love my life, my family, the way God made it possible for me to feel this way and changed my life. My career plan changed from running a PR firm to running a facility or club for lifestyle enhancement one day....one step at a time.
My father wrote a book about my accident and how positive thoughts can be the most powerful energy to help heal or better a person.
Moderator cut: website
Check it out its a hope inspiring, positive message!!
Attached Thumbnails
Want to be more specific (car accident changed my life)-dadpraying.jpg   Want to be more specific (car accident changed my life)-afteraccident.jpg   Want to be more specific (car accident changed my life)-beachafteraccident.jpg  

Last edited by Marka; 08-16-2014 at 01:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,582 times
God bless you honey, the photos of your accident are a stern warning for people to wake up and STOP drinking and driving.
I hope you continue to be healthy and happy.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:59 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPerez725 View Post
I am thankful that God chose to redirect my life. I am soo unbelievably lucky to have recovered so well, with no limitations physically or mentally. I am groing stronger and have never felt so healthy in my life! My neck was fractured in 3 places, my clavicle was crushed, broke 3 ribs, punctured a lung and had a closed head injury. I did have my seat belt on, if I did not there is no way I would still be alive. I was driving home to west Hollywood @ 3 am on the 101 freeway after being out with a few friends in Woodland Hills. I was hit by a drunk driver traveling approx 80 mph. My car flipped several times on the highway and I was unconcious when I was ambulanced to the hospital. I remained comatose for a week and stayed in a "waking coma" in Cedars Sinai hospital in LA for over a month was then air ambulanced to south Florida (hometown) stayed in Healthsouth rehab hospital for another month and slowly regained functions. I relearned how to talk, walk, eat, see straight, EVERYTHING.....After the hospital I was taken care of at home by my mother who is an R.N. and stayed in out patient physical, occupational, speech, and vision therapies then the bridge cognitive therapy program for about 6 mos. I now eat very well, stay active, never "party", drink red wine on a very rare occasion, and enjoy life to the fullest. I feel like Im living the way God intended me to. Fitness, diet and happiness are the 3 main aspects of my life! I love my life, my family, the way God made it possible for me to feel this way and changed my life. My career plan changed from running a PR firm to running a facility or club for lifestyle enhancement one day....one step at a time.
My father wrote a book about my accident and how positive thoughts can be the most powerful energy to help heal or better a person.
Moderator cut: website
Check it out its a hope inspiring, positive message!!
You are not lucky you are blessed. I never use the word luck because of what it means. It means something that an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another; "bad luck caused his downfall"; "we ran into each other by pure chance"

What happened to you was not unknown, God saved your life and that is not luck that is God protecting you.

I am happy that you are safe. So, instead of saying I am lucky, you should say that I am blessed because you know that you didn't come out of your accident by chance, but by God.

Godbless you.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
You are indeed incredibly fortunate. I say this with a degree of understanding because six weeks ago, I was hit by a car crossing the street with the traffic light in my favor (the idiot behind the wheel evidently decided that he'd stopped long enough--never blew the horn, or tried to avoid hitting me). In my case, however, although I got tossed a good ten or twelve feet in the air, I was actually not injured at all beyond a nasty black and blue mark across my lower back.

Other than my lack of injury as opposed to the extent of yours, there also seems to be a difference in perspective. I'm not sure that I'm crediting God with redirecting my life.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:05 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
It is pure luck- glad about the survival. If you credit god for this, you must also "credit" god for the tens of thousands of deaths per year in the US alone he does not intervene against. Would be nice if someone posted a bunch of pics of the mangled dead bodies to put things in perspective. I see the same phenomenon when say tornado hits and a kid is found alive after 3 days - everyone praises the lord for saving the kid, and no one blames the lord for killing the ones that did not escape.

Last edited by calmdude; 10-30-2009 at 09:17 AM..

Old 10-30-2009, 11:19 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Ms. Perez; you were indeed 1) unfortunate to have had this experience. and 2) fortunate that modern medical science could and did save you. I agree with calmdude's assessment though; we can't be selective about God's work. How about those 18 unfortunate servicemen who died in Afghanistan this week, supposedly fighting the good fight, with God on their side according to George W. Bush?

You directly attribute God to your salvation and recovery. That's OK for your personal beliefs, and I'm sure it even helped you in your timely recovery. I'm an avowed atheist, 62 years of age. My older brother only made it to 56, dying one evening from a massive cardiac arrhythmia event, unpredicted. He was a practicing Christian and spiritual healer with a modest following in his small hometown.

BTW, I have watched the drivers in Vancouver, with a population of new Chinese immigrants and a recently uncovered scam within the DMV where new licence applicants have paid off their Chinese friends who work in the DMV to give them Driver's Licences without passing any exams. The Vancouver police have installed photo systems at major intersections to catch evidence of them regularly running red lights at high speeds.

I now wait for a VERY green light, and then look both ways. Even here in rural WA St. Some folks behind me get on their horns, no doubt cursing the old guy in front of them. I'm still alive, of course, having avoided being T-boned by a brainless, criminally stupid driver. They should all be locked up.

Be careful out there. Good to see you recovered so well!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 8,131 times
Sorry, I don't have any deep debate with what credit God should get, or not!
Just wanted to say how happy I am for you to have come so far.
Only someone with a strong character could've overcome so much!
You go girl!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:19 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Since probably the rates of people dying in such accidents are not exactly the same for whites and blacks, God must be a racist

Old 02-26-2010, 12:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post

What happened to you was not unknown, God saved your life and that is not luck that is God protecting you..
Looks more like GM engineering!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality