Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does God change?
No, He is the Lord, and changes not. 24 51.06%
Obviously! And it's not sacrilegious to say so either. 4 8.51%
God is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and may His Noodly Self never change. Fettuccini. 16 34.04%
Yes, and about time too. Time for Holy Tide with color safe bleach! 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Actually, no, you don't get it. But that's ok. It doesn't matter anyway.
OK...thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
God will not interfere with FREE WILL. Not now, not throughout eternity. Man did those things, not God. He has rules and those who break them, will suffer the penalty. God is Love and anything not done in love is not of God.
Not according to your bible...

Exodus 4:21
And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

Deuteronomy 2:30

But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the LORD thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:42 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Just goes to show that the bible is not 100% correct.
Oh ok... so as Predos asked, how do you know that you are interpreting it more accurately than the writers of the bible?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Actually, no, you don't get it. But that's ok. It doesn't matter anyway.
What a great way to practice and express your religion! Anything that you don't like, just disregard or tell others that they just don't understand it! And it doesn't matter anyway! Perfect! Can't ever be shown doubt or be made to consider a question you don't like.

To me, this is not faith. It is a lack of resolve to face life as it comes at you and to stand up for what you believe in.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:40 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Oh ok... so as Predos asked, how do you know that you are interpreting it more accurately than the writers of the bible?
There is nothing written that is 100% accurate, even what I believe.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:46 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
What a great way to practice and express your religion! Anything that you don't like, just disregard or tell others that they just don't understand it! And it doesn't matter anyway! Perfect! Can't ever be shown doubt or be made to consider a question you don't like.

To me, this is not faith. It is a lack of resolve to face life as it comes at you and to stand up for what you believe in.
Well, when I express my beliefs, I am made fun of and called things I would never say to anyone. I said it didn't matter anyway because it wouldn't do any good spiritually. What does it matter what happened in the past? You can't change it. You can't relive it as it was. How is it going to change based on various belief systems?
I can handle criticism in any form. It's those who have shown me disrespect that I have a hard time with and sometimes, they don't deserve an answer.
I've anwsered the OP's question. And I spelled it out for dcashley but apparently he didn't understand the answer. Re read it and that is my answer.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 AM

428 posts, read 800,491 times
Quote:
My teachings teach me about God.
Okay, not to be mean, but HUH? That simply doesn't make any kind of sense.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Not according to your bible...

Exodus 4:21
And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

Deuteronomy 2:30
But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the LORD thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.
THANK YOU. Please, fellow Christians, explain again how God doesn't interfere with human free will, and how the bible is 100 percent true.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Well, obviously God can do whatever He likes...He's God! What's I don't get is there are all the Scriptures that say that God is the same forever, He does not change, ect...but the Bible seems filled with stories of God that say the exact opposite, that God did indeed change. And if He did that because a person changed, shouldn't He have foreseen that?
Well, if you give me some examples of when you think that God changed then I would answer your question according to what I think.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Well, if you give me some examples of when you think that God changed then I would answer your question according to what I think.
Genesis 6:6, “The LORD was grieved that He had made man on the earth, and His heart was filled with pain.” Also, Jonah 3:10 which says, “When God saw what they did and how they turned from their evil ways, He had compassion and did not bring upon them the destruction He had threatened.” Similarly, Exodus 32:14 proclaims, “Then the LORD relented and did not bring on His people the disaster He had threatened.” These verses speak of the Lord “repenting” of something, and seem to be contrary to verses that teach that God is unchanging.

Many would say this just means He changed His mind...but obviously that means He had a CHANGE of heart. Then there's the flood...why create all those people to just destroy them? If you say it's because of people changing, then I say...how did He not know ahead of time that they would change? Why would HE need to change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality